• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMilan NS
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2017 edited
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2017

That is actually my favourite of the series.
    Brilliant!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2017 edited
    Speaking about the Hitch...

A while back I bought a box-set of some of his most-beloved classics on blu-ray (Saboteur / Shadow of a Doubt / Rope / Rear Window / The Trouble with Harry / The Man Who Knew Too Much / Vertigo / North by Northwest / Psycho / The Birds / Marnie / Torn Curtain / Topaz / Frenzy / Family Plot)

It's interesting that I've watched all except the last three, and except for a select few which I've watched twice now, I have no big desire to return to them. He has a style that is at times ground-breaking (Rope), and he sets up shots beautifully but most of the times while watching half of these films I was extremely bored after an hour or so. Master of Suspense? Must be a something that felt extremely suspenseful back in those days, as there was nothing else to watch on a saturday... Because if I look at the clock or I doze off during a watch, it's not due to the masterful suspense, is it?

I like a few of his films, but I'll never be able to call the man a brilliant director like for instance Tarantino, De Palma who have done much more in the suspense department.

And it's not that I don't like slow-moving or character-driven films. Because I do, a lot.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.