• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Me too! I absolutely loved his HANNIBAL RISING score.

It's not bad but even then it's too good for the film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Haven't seen it mate. How is it like? I heard it's pretty inferior to the "real" Hannibal films wink Personally speaking, i don't want to see Hannibal played by another actor.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I liked Stardust a lot too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    DemonStar wrote
    I liked Stardust a lot too.

I was disappointed
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    It has some source material but I still thought it was an enjoyable fantasy score. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    We agree to disagee smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Fair enough wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Haven't seen it mate. How is it like? I heard it's pretty inferior to the "real" Hannibal films wink Personally speaking, i don't want to see Hannibal played by another actor.

Well D, Anthony Hopkins wasn't the first Hannibal Lector anyway, that was Brian Cox in Michael Mann's Manhunter which was later filmed under the books original title of Red Dragon, neither film is entirely faithful to the book.

As for Hannibal Rising, it really couldn't have had Hopkins in it even if you D, were personally in control, the story deals with Hannibal's childhood during WW II up until he finds his 'true self' as a very young man.

To be fair the film isn't that bad, but it's not great either, it's probably worth a watch if you catch it on TV and it does have a few good ( though gory ) set pieces.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I just hope it isn't too techno, and that the strong orchestral score is good enough for the movie

I think a V for Vendetta approach is definitely appropriate, I hope the director thought the same and said it to Eshkeri smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2009
    ILAN ESHKERI's "Ninja Assassin" comes on CD on Demand

CD COVER

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_EuFQwtxwhtw/S … titled.jpg

Track Listings

1. Ninja Assassin - Ilan Eshkeri
    2. Training - Ilan Eshkeri
    3. Kiriko Runs - Ilan Eshkeri
    4. Mika's Apartment - Ilan Eshkeri
    5. First Kill - Ilan Eshkeri
    6. Skyscraper Rain - Ilan Eshkeri
    7. Escape From Safehouse - Ilan Eshkeri
    8. Healing - Ilan Eshkeri
    9. Soldiers Attack - Ilan Eshkeri
    10. Raizo vs Ozuno/Freedom - Ilan Eshkeri
    11. Being Boiled - The Human League
    12. Helden - David Bowie
    13. Shazam! - Spiderbait
    14. The MC Remix - Ryuzo
    15. Legacy - Raekwon feat. Xzibit & Murs

Product Details

* Audio CD (November 24, 2009)
    * ASIN: B002UNMPZI

Product Description
    Raizo is one of the deadliest assassins in the world. Taken from the streets as a child, he was transformed into a trained killer by the Ozunu Clan, a secret society whose very existence is considered a myth. But haunted by the merciless execution of his friend by the Clan, Raizo breaks free from them...and vanishes. Now he waits, preparing to exact his revenge. The soundtrack includes music from David Bowie, The Human League, Spiderbait, Ryuzo and a new song by Raekwon featuring Xzibit and Murs. The album also includes music composed by Ilan Eshkeri.

This product is manufactured on demand using CD-R recordable media. Amazon.com's standard return policy will apply.

http://scoremagacine.blogspot.com/
  2. I truly hope this CD will deliver us the goods, even though I know I shouldn't hope for a second Stardust
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2009
    A second Stardust? Steven will be ecstatic biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Cool. Looking forward to it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    A member at FSM confirmed from Eshkeri that a pressed CD will be released in January by Sony, in Europe.
  3. Raizo is one of the deadliest assassins in the world. Taken from the streets as a child, he was transformed into a trained killer by the Ozunu Clan, a secret society whose very existence is considered a myth. But haunted by the merciless execution of his friend by the Clan, Raizo breaks free from them...and vanishes. Now he waits, preparing to exact his revenge. The soundtrack includes music from David Bowie, The Human League, Spiderbait, Ryuzo and a new song by Raekwon featuring Xzibit and Murs. The album also includes music composed by Ilan Eshkeri.

The album also includes music by Ilan Eshkeri

jeezus, another reality news flash that we score fans remain a small, poor group of nerds rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2010
    Just announced at his Facebook fan page -

Ilan is currently putting the finishing touches to the Centurion album, due to be released by Celador Films in conjunction with the film's cinema release on Friday 23 May. The CD booklet will include photos from the recording session at Abbey Road, together with a blurb by the composer describing the score's thematic material, what he discovered in his research for the score, and how he combined authentic ancient instrumentation with the modern day cinematic music required for action and suspense.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2010
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Raizo is one of the deadliest assassins in the world. Taken from the streets as a child, he was transformed into a trained killer by the Ozunu Clan, a secret society whose very existence is considered a myth. But haunted by the merciless execution of his friend by the Clan, Raizo breaks free from them...and vanishes. Now he waits, preparing to exact his revenge. The soundtrack includes music from David Bowie, The Human League, Spiderbait, Ryuzo and a new song by Raekwon featuring Xzibit and Murs. The album also includes music composed by Ilan Eshkeri.

The album also includes music by Ilan Eshkeri

jeezus, another reality news flash that we score fans remain a small, poor group of nerds rolleyes

I saw this movie a month ago. Okay movie, with an okay score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010
    .....the ninja assasin thingy? How is it like, the score? I remember very much liking (and being impressed in some parts) his HANNIBAL RISING score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Terrible. It's like Iron Man with all the halfway listenable parts taken out.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Scribe wrote

I agree. Terrible music for a terrible film.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Damn. Have you heard HANNIBAL RISING? It was actually good, very good in places i'd say!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010 edited
    Though he shows some potential, I've never been thrilled with this guy before (HANNIBAL RISING has some good moments, but within the film several parts are ill-judged and just laughable in its theatrical emotion).

However, I'm still curious what he did for CENTURION. Empire Magazine recently did an article on the scoring session which was pretty interesting, at least it showed he knew what he was doing. This is gonna be one harsh, loud medieval score (Ilan calls it 'symphonic rock') with interesting specialty instruments, hopefully kick-ass as well!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I wasn't interested in anything he's done either, except for HANNIBAL RISING.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2010
    I really liked his work on Stardust.

He's also done some "Sturm und Drang"-ish stuff relating to the concept of Ragnarok, but I couldn't find whether this was a film score, game score or simply a concept album. dizzy Anyhow, when you take all the songs out, Eshkeri's involvement isn't bad at all.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Scribe wrote

HAHAHA. True. It's like the most generic sounding score ever. Though given the deliberately B-Movie nature of the film, that might have been forcefully intentional.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    lp wrote
    Scribe wrote

HAHAHA. True. It's like the most generic sounding score ever. Though given the deliberately B-Movie nature of the film, that might have been forcefully intentional.

Nevertheless, I dutifully listened to the entire score five times, as is my practice with every single new piece of music I obtain. This practice is intended, among other things, to allow scores which are not instantly likeable to grow on me. Unfortunately, unlike just about every other score I've ever purchased, there was absolutely nothing that grew on me in this score.
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    .....the ninja assasin thingy? How is it like, the score? I remember very much liking (and being impressed in some parts) his HANNIBAL RISING score.

I wasn't really enthralled by it, though it will work undoubtedly in the picture
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Scribe wrote
    lp wrote
    Scribe wrote

Nevertheless, I dutifully listened to the entire score five times, as is my practice with every single new piece of music I obtain. This practice is intended, among other things, to allow scores which are not instantly likeable to grow on me. Unfortunately, unlike just about every other score I've ever purchased, there was absolutely nothing that grew on me in this score.

Hey, I do the same thing too. beer

This is the reason why I'm still listening to 10,000 B.C today. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    lp wrote
    Scribe wrote

Ahhh! I feel your pain!
    And yet somehow that score still manages to be more interesting than the next one, 2012... shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Scribe wrote
    lp wrote
    Scribe wrote

Ahhh! I feel your pain!
    And yet somehow that score still manages to be more interesting than the next one, 2012... shocked

Ain't that the truth. I got done with it an hour ago and I was thinking, wow, it's definitely pretty good in comparison to everything else that Harald's done.