• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. FOR THE FIRST TIME ON CD, VARÈSE SARABANDE RECORDS TO RELEASE
    ON GOLDEN POND - ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK

Featuring Music Composed By Academy Award®-Winning Composer Dave Grusin

(April 12, 2017 – Los Angeles, CA) – Varèse Sarabande will release the ON GOLDEN POND – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack on CD for the first time on April 28, 2017. The album features original music composed by legendary composer Dave Grusin (TOOTSIE, THE GOONIES).

Norman is a curmudgeon with an estranged relationship with his daughter Chelsea. At Golden Pond, he and his wife nevertheless agree to care for Billy, the son of Chelsea's new boyfriend, and a most unexpected relationship blooms. ON GOLDEN POND was nominated for 10 Academy Awards, including best picture, and won Oscars for Henry Fonda and co-star Katharine Hepburn. Dave Grusin’s memorable score also received a well-deserved nomination. It is unquestionably one of Grusin’s most effective and beautiful scores.

Academy Award®-winning composer Dave Grusin is considered a living legend in film history. His sophisticated and witty comedies include HEAVEN CAN WAIT (Academy Award nominated), TOOTSIE (Academy Award and Grammy Award nominated), THE GOONIES, MURDER BY DEATH, THE GRADUATE (Grammy Award winner), and THE GOODBYE GIRL. His award-winning scores can be heard in such movies as THE MILAGRO BEANFIELD WAR (Academy Award winner and Golden Globe nominated), REDS, and THE FABULOUS BAKER BOYS (Academy Award and Golden Globe nominated, Grammy winner).

Grusin’s other nominated scores can be found in such films as THREE DAYS OF THE CONDOR (Grammy Award nominated), THE CHAMP (Academy Award nominated), ON GOLDEN POND (Academy Award and Grammy Award nominated), FOR THE BOYS (Golden Globe nominated), HAVANA (Academy Award, Golden Globe, and Grammy nominated), THE FIRM (Academy Award and Grammy Award nominated), The Cure (Academy Award and Grammy Award nominated), SELENA (Grammy Award nominated), and DINNER WITH FRIENDS (Emmy Award nominated). Other credits include TEQUILA SUNRISE, LUCAS, Falling in Love, The Pope of Greenwich Village, Racing with the Moon, Absence of Malice, My Bodyguard, The Electric Horseman, And Justice for All, and THE FRONT. For television, Grusin composed the retro-cool caper themes to IT TAKES A THIEF, THE NAME OF THE GAME, and BARETTA, as well as the theme for ST. ELSEWHERE.

Track List
    1. On Golden Pond (Main Theme)
    2. First Call (Norman)
    3. Career Opportunities / Back Porch Confessional (Norman & Ethel)
    4. Illicit Sex Question (Norman & Bill Ray)
    5. New Hampshire Hornpipe
    6. Lake-Song
    7. Early Bird (Ethel & Chelsea)
    8. Purgatory Cove (Norman & Billy)
    9. Father-Daughter Relationship (Chelsea & Norman)
    10. Season’s End (Ethel & Norman)
    11. On Golden Pond (Epilogue)

In Order Of Performance:
    Norman is Henry Fonda
    Ethel is Katharine Hepburn
    Billy Ray is Dabney Coleman
    Chelsea is Jane Fonda
    Billy is Doug McKean

Varèse Sarabande will release the ON GOLDEN POND – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack on CD on April 28, 2017.
    # # #

www.varesesarabande.com

For more information contact KrakowerGroup[at]gmail.com, or @KrakowerGroup on Twitter

ABOUT VARÈSE SARABANDE RECORDS
    Founded in 1978, Varèse Sarabande is the most prolific producer of film music in the world, releasing the highest quality soundtracks from the world’s greatest composers. From current box office hits and top television series to the classics of Hollywood’s Golden Age, Varèse Sarabande’s catalog includes albums from practically every composer in every era, covering all of film history; from Bernard Herrmann, Alex North and Jerry Goldsmith to Alexandre Desplat, Michael Giacchino, and Brian Tyler.

Varèse Sarabande releases deluxe and expanded editions of special soundtracks for the film music aficionado. The Varèse Vintage imprint specializes in releasing new and re-issued albums by classic pop, jazz and country artists. Varèse Sarabande Records is distributed by Universal Music Group.

Follow: twitter.com/varesesarabande
    Watch: youtube.com/varesesarabande
    Listen: open.spotify.com/user/varesesarabanderecords
    Like: facebook.com/varesesarabanderecords
    Buy: varesesarabande.com
  2. I totally love the main theme, but haven't ever heard the rest. Is this really the first time it has ever been released on CD? I find that hard to believe.
  3. I believe it has appeared on Grusin compilation(s) but, presumably, never in full.

It's a strange album to listen to. The music is absolutely lovely. Lyrical but sparsely orchestrated. But then... they've included lots of dialogue too. I'm not a fan of that. And in this case... some of it is hard to follow; but moreso... the dialogue on its own isn't as powerful/funny as when you also see Norman's face.

Still... a lovely album. Almost feels like a little 'event'.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2017 edited
    I tried to give ON GOLDEN POND a listen, but the dialogue quickly turned me off. As someone who listens to soundtracks completely divorced from the movie or any associations thereof, this is the worst thing you can do -- just as bad as C&C. But the music is truly lovely, and deserves a better presentation. Alas, that doesn't seem possible.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Dialogue is so incredibly beyond worse than C&C it's not even funny, but other than that I agree. I can't believe anybody ever thought that was a good idea.
  5. I have access to a promo copy of this but won't give it a liaten because of all the dialogue.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn