• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2009
    It is fairly cheap 25 dollars for 4 CDs. I will wait though. I just got Americans so I'm satisfied for now. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Have you listened to it yet Martin?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Not yet, it is on its way. I should get it sometime this week. Did you receive your disc?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Not yet but I had the shipping notice last week, so hopefully any day now.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009
    BuySoundtrax is releasing High Road to China remastered and correcting some previous digital anomalies of previous releases of this music.

Limited to 1500 copies.

It has the same content as the Supertracks released a few years ago plus a suite that was especially made for this new edition.

http://buysoundtrax.stores.yahoo.net/hirotochorso.html
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009
    I'm afraid it's a score that just doesn't float my boat, it has it's moments but I'll just stick with the release that I already have and was expanded anyway.
  1. weird, releasing a new edition of a score that is already easily available, and in full

they better put their attention to stuff that's totally unavailable

ah well, it will be a christmas present for the fans I guess
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2009
    Not me it won't.
  2. Timmer wrote
    Not me it won't.

and you're the Barry fan smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2009
    I already have the expanded release that came out some years ago ( and is still available ), I really can't see the point in this 'new' release.
  3. Timmer wrote
    I already have the expanded release that came out some years ago ( and is still available ), I really can't see the point in this 'new' release.

my point exactly, a wasted effort on a release that's already interesting
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2009
    Hooray! My copy of AMERICANS arrived today. I think I'll keep it until Christmas day to play it. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Hooray! My copy of AMERICANS arrived today. I think I'll keep it until Christmas day to play it. cool

You have stronger willpower than me. (Though I don't have much chance to demonstrate my lack of willpower, since my copy still hasn't arrived.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2009
    Some interesting early footage of John Barry ( thanks to a poster at FSM for this one )

It's All Happening

Very 'Ghost Riders In The Sky' type arrangement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Some interesting early footage of John Barry ( thanks to a poster at FSM for this one )

It's All Happening

Very 'Ghost Riders In The Sky' type arrangement.

Cool song, cool footage! Those are some giant score sheets Barry keeps turning.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010 edited
    AMERICANS HAS ARRIVED!!!

kiss

but

it's been delivered to my home address and I'm back in Aberdeen so my mom is going to have to forward it to me early next week.

slant sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010
    Bummer! slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010
    Apparently Uni-France ( they did AMERICANS ) are doing another Barry album come Jan / Feb. lick

No idea yet as to what it'll be?
  4. Timmer wrote
    Apparently Uni-France ( they did AMERICANS ) are doing another Barry album come Jan / Feb. lick

I'm enjoying the "extra" tracks at the moment but I'll sure try and listen to the preceding tracks soon, Tim!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Maybe Barry's been really secret about it, and the new CD "The Seasons", is coming sooner than later.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

I'm enjoying the "extra" tracks at the moment but I'll sure try and listen to the preceding tracks soon, Tim!

beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    justin boggan wrote
    Maybe Barry's been really secret about it, and the new CD "The Seasons", is coming sooner than later.

Unlikely but I can only hope. dizzy
  6. "The Holy Road", a sequel to "Dances With Wolves", I have just found out myself -- is being directed by Wincer, which seems to have been reported as far back as 2007, but IMDB shows as currently indevelopment (maybe it's going a bit faster?).

It's a dream, a hell of a dream, but please -- if done -- Barry needs to be hired.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010
    A sequel to Dances With Wolves? Of all the films that don't need a sequel! (Perhaps it's just a sequel in essence? I find it hard to believe this will be Dances With Wolves II: Dances With Wolves Returns... With a Vengeance... And This Time It's Personal.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010
    I very much doubt Barry will have any involvement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2010
    Me too, he's pretty much distanced himself from film music years ago.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2010 edited
    I'd like to thank Ruud Rozemeijer for posting this. beer

Ridley Scott 1982 Barcelona Olympics commercial
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2010
    Intrada has released Day of the Locust. Given that there's only about 15 minutes of score (a bit less than that, in fact) and it's still $20, my question to the Barry experts (hello Tim!) is whether it's worth it?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    For me this was an immediate order but I'm afraid to say I can barely remember it James.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Question is if it's 20 dollars and 15 minutes of score, why even bother, if you're not a Barry collector?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.