• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2011 edited
    This was posted by Stephen Woolston over at FSM.....Bizarre! shocked spin

Kirk Douglas and John Barry drink coffee on a boat somewhere...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LXhBf73 … ture=share

biggrin

But kinda cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2011
  1. I wonder if it was just too expensive to have Kirk Douglas say anything? The sound of him flicking the cup would be him thinking of his account ringing up a sizeable paycheck.

It would have probably have been cheaper to get Carl Douglas rather than Kirk. Carl Douglas and John Barry! Now that is a collaboration thinking about. Alternate song in You Only Live Twice perhaps?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2011
    WHY BLACK HOLE STILL NOT IN TIMMER'S HANDS!? angry slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I wonder if it was just too expensive to have Kirk Douglas say anything? The sound of him flicking the cup would be him thinking of his account ringing up a sizeable paycheck.

It would have probably have been cheaper to get Carl Douglas rather than Kirk. Carl Douglas and John Barry! Now that is a collaboration thinking about. Alternate song in You Only Live Twice perhaps?

You Only Do Kung-Fu Fighting Twice?
  2. Timmer wrote
    WHY BLACK HOLE STILL NOT IN TIMMER'S HANDS!? angry slant

I could reply with some astronomy-related explanation re: properties of black holes but you may not appreciate that! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Maybe? But I'll certainly believe it! slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2011
    TIMMER HAS BLACK HOLE CD, TIMMER WILL PLAY BLACK HOLE CD .
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    As usual, I am the last person in the world to receive it. Where's mine? I ordered it about three seconds after it was announced.
  3. I think it disappeared into a black ... you know what.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Oh. I just checked and I ordered something at the same time which wasn't in stock. So it's all my fault.
    • CommentAuthorjohnbijl
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2011 edited
    Received mine this morning (well, it arrived Thursday - but I was out of town) and I'm all set up! Who-ho!
    Nothing is as loud as silence - Miklós Rózsa
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2011
    John Barry's birthday today, such a very very much missed talent.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2011
    A very interesting JB rarity...

The More Things Change

Legend has it that this was written for On Her Majesty's Secret Service, this is the first time I've heard the vocal version.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2011 edited
    From yesterdays Observer...

DAVID ARNOLD TRIBUTE TO JB
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2011
    WRONG BOX, THE - John Barry

Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume 191
    Date: 1966
    Tracks: 17
    Time = 59:03

World premiere release of complete John Barry score for top-drawer 1966 Bryan Forbes black comedy with incomparable cast: John Mills, Ralph Richardson, Michael Caine, Peter Cook, Dudley Moore, Peter Sellers. Written during fertile period that includes THUNDERBALL, IPCRESS FILE, BORN FREE, QUILLER MEMORANDUM, Barry creates warm, lilting major-key waltz theme for Victorian England setting, then surrounds with variety of flavorful ideas both fun, dramatic. In latter portion of score, Barry introduces dizzying orchestral romp for wild hearse sequences. At time of release, Mainstream label issues 29-minute soundtrack album. In later years, stereo LP becomes arguably Barry's rarest, most-sought collector's item. Actual LP masters have long since vanished so this portion of Intrada CD is mastered from mint condition stereo copy of album. Fortunately, Sony vaults contained complete 1/4" session tapes in mono, allowing us to offer world premiere suites with some 20-minutes of never-before-released cues. Extra bonus from Mainstream vaults: one reel of original unedited 1/2" 3-track stereo session masters actually survives, allowing us to include two newly remixed cues. Amongst new musical highlights is both mono, stereo premiere of complete "Montage Of Deaths" cue plus additional music for rousing "Hackett Funeral" sequence. Delicious notes from Nick Redman plus both original artwork campaign, 1966 album cover complete fun package. John Barry conducts. Intrada Special Collection release available while quantities and interest remain!

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7409/.f
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2011
    BRILLIANT! love punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2011
    Continuing on my cassette journey I opened a new one called My Life from John Barry. FYI I got a lot of tapes at one point on closeout at a really good price.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2011
    sdtom wrote
    Continuing on my cassette journey I opened a new one called My Life from John Barry. FYI I got a lot of tapes at one point on closeout at a really good price.
    Tom

It's a nice little score, very pleasant listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2011
    agree. know nothing about the movie
  4. I've loved the film when I was younger (last time I saw it), it's a real tearjerker with very emotional scenes, the music was made for a film like this.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    could you give a synopsis?
  5. If I remember correctly, it starred Michael Keaton and Nicole Kidman and Keaton has a terminal disease (I don't know which one anymore) and the film revolves around how the couple copes with this disease and the inevitable outcome. It has some uplifting humorous scenes, but also very heartwrenching moments. Wonderfully acted but it may be too sentimental for some people. I'd love to see it again someday.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2011 edited
    sdtom wrote
    could you give a synopsis?

Here.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. Is my post invisible or what? dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    DreamTheater wrote
    Is my post invisible or what? dizzy

thanks so much
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    Is my post invisible or what? dizzy

I was just pointing out that GOOGLE was invented for a reason.

-Erik-
  7. But in this here case, somebody beat it to google... tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2012 edited
    Monday January 2nd on BBC RADIO 2 at 7.00 PM

Lyricist DON BLACK shares his memories of John Barry, should be well worthwhile to those of you who can tune in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2012
    Do these broadcasted get archived on their web site?

-Erik-