• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2012
    Dunno rolleyes

fireworks punk fireworks
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  1. Yet to be Posted Autmated Thor commentary:

I do not want this watermelon, I'm happy with the __________ release, and I hope it sells a ton.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    justin boggan wrote
    Yet to be Posted Autmated Thor commentary:

I do not want this watermelon, I'm happy with the __________ release, and I hope it sells a ton.

Actually, I don't even have the original release of this, nor do I intend to. Smokin' theme, though.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2012 edited
    Thor wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Yet to be Posted Autmated Thor commentary:

Actually, I don't even have the original release of this, nor do I intend to. Smokin' theme, though.

lol Keep hold of that old SC release of Body Heat eh Thor wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Does Barry's Body Heat stretch to 2 CDs? I have the re-recording and it's okay. I may just stick with what I have.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2012
    punk ALL HAIL ARTHUSA.....ALL HAIL FSM! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    All I can say is that the end is a hand.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Finally wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer

For me this really is an 'out of the blue' release, I honestly didn't believe all those people at FSM who said it would be this shame

A fantastic release that'll get 100's of replies at FSM and will barely get me n' James here.
  3. FSM seems to be fizzling out with this release. Half of it is something that has already been released. And if having it sound better is a selling point then did they previously sell CDs that were not up to scratch?

You can tell that this title isn't one of my favourite Barry scores. A bit of a yawner in fact.

Does this mean that there is only one more FSM release to come before they pack up?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Pleased for you, Tim! smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's a no-brainer for me but then you know where I'm coming from wink It's farrrrrrrrr from a "yawner" IMO. All the lovely music never released is THERE.

Still, I understand yours ( and some others POV ), if you aren't a Barry fan then this would seem a "lazy" release.

And yes, just one more FSM release to go. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Pleased for you, Tim! smile

Much appreciamundo beer
  4. It's not 'lazy' I don't think. There has been a lot of work gone into this release. But they expect people to fork out again for it? (I know this is nothing news and I have 'double-dipped' many times in the past.)

But it's FSM. And their penultimate release. The have had some cracking releases over the years, I just think that could have been something completely new.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That's why I put "lazy", we all know work goes into these releases. As I said, I was very suprised that it was this release, I'd have thought a new release was on the cards too, unlike you I am not unhappy about it though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    But it's FSM. And their penultimate release. The have had some cracking releases over the years, I just think that could have been something completely new.

Hmm. I wouldn't hold your breath in anticipation of the final release, if you want something brand new. (Just a hunch!)
  5. Is it them that have The Ten Commandments?
  6. Has anyone told Thor about this? He's going to love the chance to get all of James Newton Howard's score, as heard in the film.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2012 edited
    franz_conrad wrote
    Has anyone told Thor about this? He's going to love the chance to get all of James Newton Howard's score, as heard in the film.

wink

Neither the old nor the new John Barry KING KONG album is anything for me. But JNH's interpretation ---> lick
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2012
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Is it them that have The Ten Commandments?

I believe that is so.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2012
    Thor wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Has anyone told Thor about this? He's going to love the chance to get all of James Newton Howard's score, as heard in the film.

wink

Neither the old nor the new John Barry KING KONG album is anything for me. But JNH's interpretation ---> lick

I like JNH's score even though it's a bit messy and was composed by approximately 523 different composers.

I suspect also that JNH has heard Barry's score, there's some distinct similarities.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2012
    I just love, love, love this piece by John Barry (an unused theme from OHMSS):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WteW3SVxW8

Not sure what it is about it - I just love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

wink

I like JNH's score even though it's a bit messy and was composed by approximately 523 different composers.

I suspect also that JNH has heard Barry's score, there's some distinct similarities.

JNH's KING KONG was messy? Boy, if he got as "messy" as such more often; i thought it was one of his (theirs') best score, really. Do we have a list with everyone who worked on it? Even unconfirmed?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  7. Chris Bacon and Blake Neely are credited additional writers (one of them worked with Jackson directly in New Zealand), Mel Wesson is credited for "ambient sound design" and there is a thank you to Hans Zimmer there. Something makes me think that Zimmer is thanked for "borrowing" his crew in such a short notice (mixed by Alan Meyerson for example, and Mel Wesson, of course) and for helping creating all the technical communications or something like that, but yeah Zimmer is thanked in the thank you list.

Not the first time when JNH thanks Hans. He famously thanked Zimmer on Waterworld, because JNH used some of his samples and potentially Hans delivered some electronic programming on that one.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  8. Wow, wasn't Jane Birkin beautiful?

Great theme.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Demetris wrote
    JNH's KING KONG was messy? Boy, if he got as "messy" as such more often; i thought it was one of his (theirs') best score, really. Do we have a list with everyone who worked on it? Even unconfirmed?

Well, if you believe the rumours then just about everyone on the west coast of America who could write music but wasn't already working on a film score had some sort of hand in it. It was all done in a ridiculously short timeframe, so that's understandable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2012 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Wow, wasn't Jane Birkin beautiful?

Oh yes. JB was a lucky man... http://matouenpeluche.typepad.com/.a/6a … 970c-800wi
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Demetris wrote

Well, if you believe the rumours then just about everyone on the west coast of America who could write music but wasn't already working on a film score had some sort of hand in it. It was all done in a ridiculously short timeframe, so that's understandable.

...!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote

Not the first time when JNH thanks Hans. He famously thanked Zimmer on Waterworld, because JNH used some of his samples and potentially Hans delivered some electronic programming on that one.

So Zimmer actually had something to do with that mediocre score? smile