• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2009
    Isn't he the bloke who scored those spy films?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The spy who shagged him?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Thunderballs.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    The spy who shagged him?

FAIL
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    The spy who shagged him?

FAIL

biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    JOHN BARRY

JOHN BARRY

JOHN BARRY

JOHN BARRY

JOHN BARRY

Well, saying Koko 5 times worked didn't it!? slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    JOHN BARRY

JOHN BARRY

JOHN BARRY

JOHN BARRY

JOHN BARRY

Indeed it worked. It is one of our great achievements here at Maintitles; the other being our bhangra dancing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Tim´s hot girl friends

Tim´s hot girl friends

Tim´s hot girl friends

Tim´s hot girl friends

Tim´s hot girl friends

Dammed!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    JOHN BARRY

JOHN BARRY

JOHN BARRY

JOHN BARRY

JOHN BARRY

Indeed it worked. It is one of our great achievements here at Maintitles; the other being our bhangra dancing.

bhangra
    bhangra

punk
  2. Well, maybe it's sort of like saying Beetlejuice; say it enough times and John Barry will appear. He'll probably be pissed though.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009
    A new Barry release coming soon.

Any ideas what you reckon it'll be Justin?
  3. No clue, nor have I heard any rumors. But there is a rumor going around his score for "The Deep" is coming -- maybe that's it.

The new info in the FSM thread has it as a title that has never been heard outside the film. So it's not any previously released Barry score, and can't then be a re-recording either. Don't know if that rules out bootlegs.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009 edited
    Hmmmm? It is quite cryptic. At a push I'd say it's something like Mike's Murder or My Sisters Keeper?

Rumours of The Deep and The Black Hole have been flying around for some time now.
  4. MIKE'S MURDER (CD)

Betty has a crush on her tennis coach Mike. He keeps on promising to call, but never does - she doesn't know that he's a little dealer. After a failed deal in someone else's district he has to disappear for three months. He contacts Betty again, but she waits in vain - he's killed before they meet. Now she tries to find out what happened, asks around among his friends and this leads her right into the drug scene. 1984. Stars Debra Winger. Written and directed by James Bridges. 3000 Edition.

Music Composed, Orchestrated and Conducted by John Barry

1. MIKE'S MURDER - MAIN TITLE 2:37
    2. CAUTIOUS 0:56
    3. HIDE OUT 0:48
    4. UP TOP 0:49
    5. WELCOME AGAIN 1:04
    6. BEDROOM 1:18
    7. WAITING FOR PHONE 0:47
    8. COKE 1:34
    9. SMOKE OR NOT 0:52
    10. MIKE IS DEAD 1:34
    11. BETTY AND SAM 0:37
    12. DRIVING 1:00
    13. MORE DRIVING 1:43
    14. BLOODY ROOM 2:42
    15. MIRROR 0:34
    16. BETTY AND PETE 2:07
    17. PETE AND KNIFE 4:05
    18. HOME AGAIN / MIKE'S MURDER / END CREDITS 3:09

Bonus tracks:
    19. MIKE'S MURDER - Outtake suite 18:40
    a. MIKE'S MURDER - MAIN TITLE
    b. UP TOP
    c. COKE
    d. MIKE IS DEAD
    e. MORE DRIVING
    f. BLOOD ROOM
    g. BETTY AND PETE
    h. PETE AND KNIFE
    i. MIKE'S MURDER - END CREDITS

Source cues:
    20. SUSHI BAR MUZAK 3:01
    21. ROCK SOURCE CUE - Mix #1 1:49
    22. ROCK SOURCE CUE - Mix #2 3:01

Total Time: 55:27

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=12465
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Hmmmm? It is quite cryptic. At a push I'd say it's something like Mike's Murder or My Sisters Keeper?

Rumours of The Deep and The Black Hole have been flying around for some time now.

^
    and MIKE'S MURDER it is! cool

I ordered this hours ago...

True or False? cheesy wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009
    shocked WHY didn't anyone tell me Zulu was so good? shocked

TIMMER?!? angry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anyone say anything?

Hello?

No?

I could've swore...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    shocked WHY didn't anyone tell me Zulu was so good? shocked

TIMMER?!? angry

I presume you have the original?? ( Silva's recording is good but just doesn't have the OOMMPPPHHH of the original )

I thought the fact it appears-a-plenty in my NP's would have been enough? wink Plus, Martijn, as a non-Barry fan you are one of the less likely candidates for me to say 'jebus Martijn, why haven't you heard Zulu yet? It's friggin brilliant!'
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh yeah, and Zulu is one of the all time full bloodied muscular themes, it's 'struggle' has often implanted itself in my head while I've hiked mountains.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    I presume you have the original??

You presume...wisely.

I thought the fact it appears-a-plenty in my NP's would have been enough? wink

What?
    Lies! Falsehoods! Improprieties! Excuses! Evasions! Never seen it.
    Well, OK. Maybe at Christmas or something, but otherwise...never. Ever. No mention at all. Radio silence. Static. Icy solitude and loneliness with just the wind and tumbling tumbleweeds.

Plus, Martijn, as a non-Barry fan you are one of the less likely candidates for me to say 'jebus Martijn, why haven't you heard Zulu yet? It's friggin brilliant!'

angry
    I'd have been a BRILLIANT candidate to say "theme? You want THEME? Check Zulu. Ignore composer name." or something to.

I feel neglected and ignored. cry

But I did find it in the end.
    And allllll on my own!
    bhangra
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Are you familiar with the theme to BODY HEAT? Cool, sinister yet sexy cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    <ignore>

(Until some time in the future when I will probably find it's a brilliant theme and berate you for not telling me before)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BODY HEAT
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009
    Just read on the John Barry discussion groups that John Barry has died. Not OUR John Barry but the John Barry that invented WD 40....'phew'
  5. Well, when I was looking for a John Barry website once and I think I wrote org instead of com or the other way around, I entered a toilet shop website lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Oh yeah, and Zulu is one of the all time full bloodied muscular themes, it's 'struggle' has often implanted itself in my head while I've hiked mountains.

Timmer, with what other known Barry score would you compare it?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009 edited
    It's based on traditional Zulu music. The theme re-appears in the score to Cry The Beloved Country, a damn fine score which I think you'd enjoy a lot.

p.s. I'd rather friends just called me Tim.

Maybe I should get rid of the 'mer' bit?