• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. SONY CLASSICAL RELEASES

The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack of
    WAR FOR PLANET OF THE APES

Music by Academy Award®-winning composer Michael Giacchino
    Soundtrack Available on July 7

Sony Music proudly announces the release of WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) with music by Grammy® and Academy Award®-winning composer Michael Giacchino. The soundtrack will be released on July 7th and is available for pre-order here: http://smarturl.it/PlanetOfApes-cd.

ABOUT WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES:
    War for the Planet of the Apes is the third chapter to the 2011 & 2014 movies Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. From acclaimed writer-director Matt Reeves and screenwriter Mark Bomback, War for the Planet of the Apes features Caesar and his apes being forced into a deadly conflict with an army of humans led by a ruthless Colonel. After the apes suffer unimaginable losses, Caesar wrestles with his darker instincts and begins his own mythic quest to avenge his kind. As the journey finally brings them face to face, Caesar and the Colonel are pitted against each other in an epic battle that will determine the fate of both their species and the future of the planet.

Writer-Director Matt Reeves says about the music:
    “Michael's music for the Apes films is beautiful, inventive, epic, and above all, profoundly emotional. I know I am biased, but I think his score for War ranks among his absolute best. He is a simply master musical storyteller”.

Composer Michael Giacchino says about the score:
    “Planet of the Apes was one of my first childhood obsessions. As a kid, I used to draw the Apes from the film non-stop, including creating little flip-books about them. In fact, the MEGO Planet of the Apes toys that I played with as a child have a special place on the shelves in the office that I write in today. So if having the opportunity to write the score for the latest installment of one of my favorite film franchises from my childhood isn’t enough, I have had the added pleasure of working on it with the equally Apes-obsessed director Matt Reeves. We both approach our work on these new films with the very same enthusiasm that we had as children, and that makes us one very happy team. Filmmaking is demanding and filled with days of intense work, but it is still FUN for us. I hope you can sense some of that joy and reverence for what came before in this new work for War for the Planet of the Apes.”

ABOUT THE COMPOSER:
    Composer Michael Giacchino has credits that feature some of the most popular and acclaimed film projects in recent history, including Inside Out, Jurassic World, The Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, and Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. Giacchino’s 2009 score for the Pixar hit Up earned him an Oscar®, a Golden Globe®, the BAFTA, the Broadcast Film Critics' Choice Award and two Grammy® Awards.

Giacchino began his filmmaking career at the age of 10 in his backyard in Edgewater Park, New Jersey, and eventually went on to study filmmaking at the School of Visual Arts in NYC. After college, he landed a marketing job at Disney and began studies in music composition, first at Juilliard and then at UCLA. From marketing, he became a producer in the fledgling Disney Interactive Division where he had the opportunity to write music for video games.

After moving to a producing job at the newly formed DreamWorks Interactive Division, he was asked to score the temp track for the video game adaptation of The Lost World: Jurassic Park. Subsequently, Steven Spielberg hired him as the composer and it became the first PlayStation game to have a live orchestral score. Giacchino continued writing for video games and became well known for his Medal of Honor scores.

Giacchino’s work in video games sparked the interest of J.J. Abrams, and thus began their long-standing relationship that would lead to scores for the hit television series Alias and Lost, and the feature films Mission Impossible III, Star Trek, Super 8 and Star Trek Into Darkness.

Additional projects include collaborations with Disney Imagineering on music for Space Mountain, Star Tours (with John Williams) and the Ratatouille ride in Disneyland Paris. Giacchino also was the musical director of the 81st Annual Academy Awards®. His music can be heard in concert halls internationally with Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness and Ratatouille films being performed live-to-picture with a full orchestra.

Last year, Giacchino’s music could be heard in Zootopia, Star Trek Beyond, Dr. Strange, and
    Star Wars Rogue One which marked the first score to be composed for a Star Wars film following John Williams. In addition to War of Planet of the Apes, Giacchino’s projects for 2017 include, The Book of Henry and Spider-Man Homecoming.

Giacchino serves as the Governor of the Music Branch of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and sits on the advisory board of “Education Through Music Los Angeles”.

Tracklist:
    • Apes' Past Is Prologue
    • Assault of the Earth
    • Exodus Wounds
    • The Posse Polonaise
    • The Bad Ape Bagatelle
    • Don't Luca Now
    • Koba Dependent
    • The Ecstasy Of The Bold
    • Apes Together Strong
    • A Tide In The Affairs Of Apes
    • Planet Of The Escapes
    • The Hating Game
    • A Man Named Suicide
    • More Red Than Alive
    • Migration
    • Paradise Found
    • End Credits

Sony Music Masterworks comprises Masterworks, Sony Classical, OKeh, Portrait, and Masterworks Broadway imprints. For email updates and information please visit www.sonymusicmasterworks.com/.

Buy the soundtrack here:
    Amazon: http://smarturl.it/PlanetOfApes-cd
    iTunes: http://smarturl.it/PlanetOfApes

###

For more information contact KrakowerGroup[at]gmail.com, or @KrakowerGroup on Twitter