• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack of
    THE EMOJI MOVIE

Music by Academy Award®-nominated Composer Patrick Doyle
    Soundtrack Available on July 28

Sony Classical proudly announces the release of The Emoji Movie (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) with the music of Oscar® nominee Patrick Doyle. The soundtrack will be released on July 28 and the movie opens in theaters nationwide on the same date.

ABOUT THE EMOJI MOVIE:
    The Emoji Movie unlocks the never-before-seen secret world inside your smartphone. Hidden within the messaging app is Textopolis, a bustling city where all your favorite emojis live, hoping to be selected by the phone’s user. In this world, each emoji has only one facial expression – except for Gene (T.J. Miller), an exuberant emoji who was born without a filter and is bursting with multiple expressions. Determined to become “normal” like the other emojis, Gene enlists the help of his handy best friend Hi-5 (James Corden) and the notorious code breaker emoji Jailbreak (Anna Faris). Together, they embark on an epic “app-venture” through the apps on the phone, each its own wild and fun world, to find the Code that will fix Gene. But when a greater danger threatens the phone, the fate of all emojis depends on these three unlikely friends who must save their world before it’s deleted forever. Directed by Tony Leondis. Produced by Michelle Raimo Kouyate. Screenplay by Tony Leondis & Eric Siegel and Mike White. Story by Tony Leondis & Eric Siegel.

ABOUT THE COMPOSER:
    Patrick Doyle is a classically trained composer of film, television, theatre and radio. He graduated from the Royal Scottish Academy of Music in 1975 and was made a Fellow of the Royal Scottish Academy of Music in 2001. Doyle has scored over fifty feature films, including Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Gosford Park, Sense and Sensibility, Indochine, Carlito’s Way and A Little Princess.
    His work has led to collaborations with some of the most acclaimed directors in the world, such as Régis Wargnier, Brian De Palma, Alfonso Cuarón, Ang Lee, Chen Kaige, Mike Newell and Robert Altman. Doyle's creative relationship with director Kenneth Branagh has resulted in many of his best-known scores over the past twenty-five plus years for films such as Henry V, Hamlet, Frankenstein and Thor.
    Doyle has received two Oscar® nominations, two Golden Globe® nominations and two Cesar nominations. He won the 1989 Ivor Novello Award for Best Film Theme for Henry V and has also been honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award from Scottish BAFTA and the ASCAP Henry Mancini Award.

TRACKLIST:
    1. Emoji
    2. Bathroom Life Lesson
    3. Smiler Orientation
    4. Gene
    5. Rooftop
    6. Boardroom Terrors
    7. Blitzkrieg Bots
    8. Let's Roll!
    9. The Wallpaper
    10. Mehs and Bots
    11. Candy Rescue
    12. Forest Road Planning
    13. Tunnel to Dance App
    14. Gene Choose Hi-5
    15. Smiler's Illegal Upgrade
    16. Trash and Trolls
    17. Instagram Paris
    18. Seas and Whale Songs
    19. The Trash Escape
    20. Tentacle Chase
    21. The Firewall
    22. Cloud and Confessions
    23. A Princess Takes Flight
    24. Delete and Rescue
    25. Desperate Deletion
    26. Gene Saves Textopolis
    27. Emoji Ringtone
    28. Good Vibrations (from "The Emoji Movie") – performed by Ricky Reed

Sony Music Masterworks comprises Masterworks, Sony Classical, OKeh, Portrait, and Masterworks Broadway imprints. For email updates and information please visit www.sonymusicmasterworks.com/.

Buy the soundtrack here:
    iTunes: http://smarturl.it/PDoyleEmoji
    Amazon: http://smarturl.it/PDoyleEmoji-cd

###

For more information contact KrakowerGroup[at]gmail.com, or @KrakowerGroup on Twitter
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2017
    how the mighty have fallen smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    It's one of those projects that seem inevitable and ridiculous at the same time, but at the very least a good Doyle score might come out of it.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    haven't listened to it yet
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    I'm both perfectly pleased with the 0% on Rotten Tomatoes for this movie, and wondering how the Score might turn out.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
  2. Demetris wrote

To go from Henry V to this. It says more about Hollywood then Doyle. sad

What great ideas they keep having. Let's make a movie about emoticons... crazy

vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2017
    Hopefully, which I doubt it will be turned around to the days of Max Steiner etc. We all remember the 1933 King Kong.
    Tom sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2017
    DreamTheater wrote
    Demetris wrote

absolute shit state for movies these days, very few really standout. most of them are forgettable the minute you step out of the theater
  3. I fully understand mate. Check out this review which sums it up nicely. biggrin
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. Demetris wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Demetris wrote

absolute shit state for movies these days, very few really standout. most of them are forgettable the minute you step out of the theater

This is, of course, bullshit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2017
    oh how original and full of arguments (as always) statement coming from you wink care to elaborate?
  5. Because it's rose-tinted spectacles 101. "Movies/music/whatever sucks so much these days, things used to be so much better". Nonsense. The crap-to-gold ratio is more or less constant, it's just that we no longer listen to or watch the crap of 30 years gone by. Sure, Emoji Movie is a desperately cynical piece of shit, but so was e.g. Mac and Me. And there are still great films coming out every year. I mean, Mad Max Fury Road is only two years old!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You're both right. Many movies these days are shit, but like Edmind says, the ratio of good-to-bad probably remains relatively constant. But you can't really argue that the state of films are more dire than ever before when we've just had a film like War for the Planet of the Apes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2017 edited
    I'm with Edmund. Yes, there are shit movies, there will always be shit movies, and there have always been shit movies, but for years now I'm trying to make a top 10 of best films that year, and each year I cannot stop at 10 because there have been so many great or interesting ones that year. Yelling 'movies are getting worse' is just a popular thing to say and repeat, but it's a statement that's usually said without thinking it over, and in the spirit of exaggeration into negativity. Already War for the Planet of the Apes is being pushed out of my top 10 of the year because there're other better ones.

I think it was made clearest for me when Empire magazine did their extra edition which combined all 5-star reviews and opened with statistics on them, starting at the 1910's into now. It made it clear the amount of 5-star films is growing each decade. Sure, the amount of films is growing as well, which makes it more likely there's more brilliant films each year, and you could debate over a specific film if it warrants a 5 stars, but it's still an embarrassment of riches.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    It's perhaps also because films are more reachable (?) than ever. With services like Netflix, HBO, Mubi, ... there's more to see than ever.
    Kazoo
  6. I believe that Demetri's notion has to do with the fact that you never again see films with the eyes of a 12 year old. A few years ago my young students regarded the Transformer films with the same reverence I still have for the original Star Wars trilogy. That's beyond good or bad. It is just about being young.

smile Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Because it's rose-tinted spectacles 101. "Movies/music/whatever sucks so much these days, things used to be so much better". Nonsense. The crap-to-gold ratio is more or less constant, it's just that we no longer listen to or watch the crap of 30 years gone by. Sure, Emoji Movie is a desperately cynical piece of shit, but so was e.g. Mac and Me. And there are still great films coming out every year. I mean, Mad Max Fury Road is only two years old![/quote

I watched "King Kong" from 1933 last night and I still to this day marvel at how O'Brien did his special effects.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Guys movies are getting shittier and shittier and its a widely observed fact. Thankfully though , we do live on the edge of great TV instead . No matter how you want to see it smile
  7. It's widely observed based on a fallacy. People in the 80s were saying the same thing. As were people in the 50s. No "facts" here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote
    Guys movies are getting shittier and shittier and its a widely observed fact.)

Is it? I'm not so sure it is. Perhaps they are (even accounting for taste), but I can't help but feel optimistic when I can add a new film to my favourites with each year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Its all CGI , loud dark evil things everywhere all gloomy and miserable etc (echoing our times perhaps ?) with no real characters or plots just an excuse to blow things up (look at all the stupid avengers movies for instance ) and bring teens in . Plus meaningless reboots and remakes all the time , that nobody needs. Hollywood has never done that in such a frequency before . they are desperately out of inspiration and ways to make genuinely original and good content and try to cash in on grandeur of the past and nostalgia. Thankfully there are exceptions always but man so many movies suck these days . Maybe its the perception that is heightened cause of so many more movies are being made nowadays and therefore a lot of them are cheap cheesy , bad and meaningless .
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Again thank god for TV
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote
    Plus meaningless reboots and remakes all the time , that nobody needs.

That's true. I'm sick of that aspect of Hollywood, for sure. Planet of the Apes gets a pass since it's better than the original.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote
    Again thank god for TV

Yes!
  8. Demetris wrote
    Its all CGI , loud dark evil things everywhere all gloomy and miserable etc (echoing our times perhaps ?) with no real characters or plots just an excuse to blow things up (look at all the stupid avengers movies for instance ) and bring teens in . Plus meaningless reboots and remakes all the time , that nobody needs. Hollywood has never done that in such a frequency before . they are desperately out of inspiration and ways to make genuinely original and good content and try to cash in on grandeur of the past and nostalgia. Thankfully there are exceptions always but man so many movies suck these days . Maybe its the perception that is heightened cause of so many more movies are being made nowadays and therefore a lot of them are cheap cheesy , bad and meaningless .

Have you actually seen the Planet of the Apes films? Even including Rise, which I found surprisingly good? This and Nolan at least shows that the blockbuster allows for a psychologically and philosophically nuanced discussion of certain relevant issues. Sure, they're very much doom and gloom, but what do you expect from a post-apocalyptic setting? Pretty Woman?

This year we had War of the Planet of the Apes, we had Logan. We had Dunkirk which is maybe far from perfect, but at least it's possible to discuss it. There was Wonder Woman which again, was quite nuanced and even has points for actually forcing Chris Pine to act. There's also European cinema you can look at.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm not sure I'd use Wonder Woman as an example to counter D's CGI point. It's an okay film, but it's filled with crappy CGI. But yes, Planet of the Apes. CGI done right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Looking at my list for this year, there's Baby Driver, Moonlight, Jackie, Silence, Get Out, there'll later be The Beguiled, Detroit, all great reviews, all originals, the list goes on. It's easy to look at the tentpole pics and draw quick cynical conclusions, but that's really giving way too much credit to them.

One thing I'm willing to say is, yes, looking strictly at the popcorn tentpole blockbusters in the multiplexes and drawing a generalised conclusion on them is, they're lacking originality and are pandering way too much to the audience and a built-in fan base. But that's only that small piece of the film market.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Pawel, You are completely negative and oblivious to what I write here . I said there are exceptions . Planet of the apes the whole trilogy is fantastic. The second film was better but still . Logan was mundane melancholic crap wonder woman is video game material , Dunkirk is a good film indeed. Man out of the hundreds of films that make it onto cinemas each year we are discussing ten max ? Its so funny! But stuff like stranger things ? That makes me shiver ! Inspired TV at its best that kicks stupid CGI video game like teenage crap ass easily .
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    We are talking major Hollywood here most of it is laughable ,bad, forgettable and money grabbing crap, good film making lies in the few Hollywood exceptions and Indies . LION made me cry . And proper film making is with TV , stranger things , house of cards, so many amazing things happening .
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote
    Man out of the hundreds of films that make it onto cinemas each year we are discussing ten max ? Its so funny!

I appreciate your exhaustion of modern films. Remakes and reboots have been ridiculous for years now. But 10 great films? That's... well, great! Does that mean you can make a top 20, a top 30, for much older years? For the most part, I can't even think of 10 movies per year post-2000. Can you? What era do you think was best for films?