• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. SONY CLASSICAL RELEASES
    The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack of
    THE DARK TOWER

Music by Grammy® Nominated Dutch Composer Tom Holkenborg
    Available Digitally July 28 and on CD August 4

Sony Classical proudly announces the release of The Dark Tower (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) featuring the music of the prolific Dutch composer Tom Holkenborg. The soundtrack will be released digitally on July 28 and on CD on August 4. The movie opens in theaters nationwide on August 4.

About the film and soundtrack, Tom Holkenborg says: "Dark Tower is an incredible mix of horror, fantasy and western, it inhabits a unique and singular world, human and personal, yet also other, and the score had to try and reflect this. It was a fascinating project to work on, and an honor trying to score the words and imagination of the great Stephen King."

ABOUT THE DARK TOWER:

There are other worlds than these. Stephen King’s The Dark Tower, the ambitious and expansive story from one of the world’s most celebrated authors, makes its launch to the big screen. The last Gunslinger, Roland Deschain (Idris Elba), has been locked in an eternal battle with Walter O’Dim, also known as the Man in Black (Matthew McConaughey), determined to prevent him from toppling the Dark Tower, which holds the universe together. The fate of the worlds is at stake – good and evil will collide in the ultimate battle as only Roland can defend the Tower from the Man in Black. Directed by Nikolaj Arcel, the screenplay is by Akiva Goldsman & Jeff Pinkner and Anders Thomas Jensen & Nikolaj Arcel, based on the novels by Stephen King. The film is produced by Akiva Goldsman, Ron Howard, and Erica Huggins.

ABOUT THE COMPOSER:

Few Hollywood composers have enjoyed as successful and far-reaching a career as Tom Holkenborg. Tom Holkenborg is a Grammy® nominated and multi-platinum producer, musician, and composer whose versatility puts him on the cutting edge of contemporary music, as well as in the vanguard of exciting new film composers. He is able to draw on his extensive knowledge of classical forms and structures while keeping one finger planted firmly on the pulse of popular music. When this eclectic background is paired with his skill as a multi-instrumentalist (he plays keyboards, guitar, drums, violin, and bass) and mastery of studio technology, a portrait emerges of an artist for whom anything is possible.

The foundation for Holkenborg’s career started in his native Holland where he created multiple film scores, and undertook mentorships with celebrated composers Harry Gregson-Williams (on Domino and Kingdom of Heaven) and Klaus Badelt (on Catwoman). But things really started to fall into place when Holkenborg started collaborating with Oscar®-winning composer Hans Zimmer. Their partnership lasted several years, and most recently included 2016’s blockbuster Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which marked the seventh scoring collaboration between Holkenborg and Zimmer. Holkenborg worked with Zimmer on The Amazing Spider Man 2, Man of Steel, Dark Knight Rises, Madagascar 3, Megamind, and Inception.

TRACKLIST:
    The Dark Tower
    The Face of My Father
    I Kill With My Heart
    Skin People
    Getting a Toothbrush
    Dutch Hill

Arrival in Mid-World
    His Shine Is Pure
    The Map

Something Got Out
    We Don't Have Chicken
    Manny Village
    See Across Worlds
    There's Always Another Battle
    A Chicken, a Goat and One Bullet
    Keystone Earth
    Portal Activity
    Smiley Face
    The Creed
    Death Always Wins
    Dixie Pig
    Tall, Dark and Handsome
    Full Package as Advertised
    It Will Fall
    Collateral Damage
    Hot Dogs
    Roland of Eld (Main Titles)

Sony Music Masterworks comprises Masterworks, Sony Classical, OKeh, Portrait, and Masterworks Broadway imprints. For email updates and information please visit www.sonymusicmasterworks.com/.

Buy the soundtrack here:
    iTunes: http://smarturl.it/TheDarkTower
    Amazon: http://smarturl.it/TheDarkTower-cd

###

For more information contact KrakowerGroup[at]gmail.com, or @KrakowerGroup on Twitter
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2017
    Heard it. Pure noise I am afraid , no surprises given where it comes from , junkie smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Although I Did like brimstone and black mass .
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2017 edited
    Looking forward to hearing this, despite your disparaging remarks, Demetris.

JXL has quickly become one of my favourite composers of his generation, and he's been on a roll lately. Love MAD MAX, DISTANCE BETWEEN DREAMS, BRIMSTONE, in particular.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nothing in common with those scores you mention above mate . I too like those with the exception of mad max, and I also like black mass. Brimstone is mesmerizing and beautiful. But this new score here is purely generic rc drone underscore . Don't get misled by the opening and closing cues smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Demetris wrote
    Don't get misled by the opening and closing cues smile

Ha, I've only listened to those and my current perception is that this is pretty promising.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Gold at the ends and shit in between usual trick smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Ssssttt, ignorance is bliss.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    BobdH wrote
    Ssssttt, ignorance is bliss.

Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I bet you can't wait to hear this one Tom wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2017
    I won't bother my friend. I'm ready to listen to a new CD called explosive classics again.
    listen to more classical music!