• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2017
    Jerry Lewis passed away at 91. He was special to me as we became good friends when i had the camera shop. The first thing I remembered was he came to the store called me on his phone and asked me to come out to the parking lot. He just had a new stereo system installed and he wanted me to listen to my favorite Neal Hefti tune "Lil Darlin." The original Hefti version had lush strings and a harpsichord, as opposed to the Basie version of piano and trumpet, muted brass throughout. We must have listened to a tune none of you know 10 times. It is on you tube and the original is the one with the pretty woman on the cover of the lp album. I have several CD's of him and when I dug it out today I played it and cried. A very special time
    listen to more classical music!
  1. I was sad to hear of Lewis' passing. I enjoyed his films a lot. You may not recall Tom but you gave me a CD featuring Lewis singing some tunes. I must look that CD out and give it another spin.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2017
    you're right Alan I forgot i did that
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2017
    Lovely story Tom. As a child I found Lewis hilarious, he also did a great straight turn in Scorcese's The King of Comedy.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2017
    I thought Lewis was excellent in The King Of Comedy!
    As for his actual comedies...well...de mortuis nil nisi bonum... slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn