• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2017 edited
    This message was posted by a friend of Lee's on FB and I'm posting it here in the hope that our fellow board member Lee will possibly look in at MT. This is a little worrying at present.

Wherever you are, whatever it is that you're doing, provided that you're safe, that is the only concern we have. Evidently you needed to get away from Birmingham. I just hope you are relaxing, unwinding somewhere where you are able to gather your thoughts and composure, preferably in a balmy country. If you're apprehensive about using your phone or account to contact your friends or parents to let them know you're well, use someone else's phone or alternatively go to a local Internet cafe and send an encrypted e-mail via a proxy server.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2017
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2017
    Me too. There's been a number of concerned messages on FB.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Goodness! I wonder what's up? Hope everything is all right if you're reading this, Lee.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2017
    Lee is known for going on binges, but I'm guessing this is something more psychological. Hope he's OK, and that he lets himself be known soon.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Indeed. Yet to me this sounds more like he was being looked for by the police.

slant Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Wtf! I hope he's okay!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2017 edited
    Captain Future wrote
    Indeed. Yet to me this sounds more like he was being looked for by the police.

slant Volker

If that's true then wouldn't his friend have incriminated himself?
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Captain Future wrote

That's a rather slanderous assumption.
  3. Steven wrote
    Captain Future wrote

Didn't mean to be. But why should someone refrain from using his own phone or email account? If that is indeed the case. Admittedly this is a big "if". It may well be a misjudgement on my part.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Perhaps he just needs to withdraw from community for a while -- in Birmingham or somewhere else. It's happened before (heck, I've done it too).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Captain Future wrote
    Steven wrote
    Captain Future wrote

Didn't mean to be. But why should someone refrain from using his own phone or email account? If that is indeed the case. Admittedly this is a big "if". It may well be a misjudgement on my part.

Even if you're right, it's a hell of an assumption to make on relatively little. There could be a number of equally and less sinister reasons. Jesus.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2017
    Really hope he's ok...what happened in the first place? any updates?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2017
    Steven wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Steven wrote
    Captain Future wrote

Even if you're right, it's a hell of an assumption to make on relatively little. There could be a number of equally and less sinister reasons. Jesus.

I'm sure this was just the articulation of a brainwave on the part of Captain, but the thing is that these sort of assumptions have the tendency to stick in people's minds. And somehow it tends to remain there, until unequivocally proven wrong - and then still, no matter how ridiculous such an assumption may be when compared to the actual situation. So it's best not to articulate such assumptions. Besides, there's so much you can think of which could be the case, like Thor said, it looks to me he's simply seeking a bit of a withdrawal from life. Whatever is the case, I hope he's finding what he seeks and gives him the peace of mind to return to everyday life soon.
  4. I saw this on facebook as well, thought it was a joke at first. Hope he's okay
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2017
    And still no news on Lee. Very worrying.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2017
    Hmmmm....three weeks and still no sign. Or has anyone heard anything?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    anything on his fb?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Demetris wrote
    anything on his fb?

Nope.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2017
    Apparently, Lee was just sighted at an art gallery, according to Facebook.

So he's safe, and just having a laugh at everyone and everything.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2017
    Hey guys. wave

I've actually been back home for a couple of weeks now. Thanks for your concerns though, it means a lot!

Unbeknownst to anybody but myself, I've been suffering with heavy depression for a good few years (hence why I've not been active on here for a while). It hits me hard every now and again and I always do something fucking stupid. This particular time, I actually ran away... well flew away, and contemplated some pretty awful things whilst overseas. Thankfully I was talked out of it by many a close folk and I'm now back home and actually doing something about it.

Thanks again chaps. smile
  5. My assumptions were completely off the track than, Lee. Sorry about that. I very much hope you have looked for professional help, it sounds like you did. A disposition such as yours is not easily dealt with but with guidance you will find the necessary courage and the endurance. I wish you the best of success on your way ahead!

Volker
  6. Lee, I'm very sorry to hear that you've had such a hard time. I'm glad to hear that you're back and moving forward. I know something about depression as my wife has dealt with it and suicidal thoughts for years. There were times that were totally horrible, but we're in a really good place right now. I know everything can feel hopeless, but things really can get better with the right help. Best of luck to you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2017 edited
    Your assumptions weren't too far off. I had been sought by the police... merely because I was listed on the missing persons database. In fact, they were the first to greet me at Heathrow (before I'd even disembarked the plane!). The authorities back home, I've heard, were not convinced that I'd even left the country despite the fact that I'd passed through several passport checkpoints (7 within the EU!) during my disappearance.

The past year or so has been a whirlwind of shit. Personally, professionally, romantically... mentally. I tend to bottle things up. That's why this happened.

I'm not looking for sympathy though. Now I'm just prepared to completely restart my life. Detoxify myself from all the shit and focus on moving forward. And, perhaps, post on here a bit more.

beer
  7. hope it works out bud. And thankfully you seem to have great friends and family who convinced you to come back. All the best.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2017 edited
    I'm glad you're back safely Lee hug
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2017
    Good to see you back, Lee!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2017
    I'm glad to hear of you again and that you are safe!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2017
    Welcome back mate! So glad to hear you're safe, we are here for you. At least some nice film music and discussions can mellow your brain away from everyday crap. I, for one, need this. A small daily film music meditation smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2017
    Welcome home, and good luck with the next step in your life!