• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Meanwhile, in the Stunningly Stupid Department...

From Jon Burlingame:

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/simpson … 202543183/

"Clausen told Variety that he received a call from “Simpsons” producer Richard Sakai that the company was seeking “a different kind of music” and that he would no longer be scoring the longtime Fox hit.

A Fox spokeswoman declined to comment."

Clausen took over sometime in season two of the series, starting with the first Halloween episode. Previously a handful of composers have contributed.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Who decides after seventeen billion seasons that they suddenly need "a different kind of music"? rolleyes
  3. Probably somebody influenced by the lady who cancelled "Firefly" (I saw her on stage, practically bragging about it, to booing fans -- she admitted it to them!).

They're lucky the IMDb forums still don't' exist anymore.

I went to a TS forum and one person put it pretty well when he said 29 years in is a long time to suddenly decide to shake things up.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2017
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Who decides after seventeen billion seasons that they suddenly need "a different kind of music"? rolleyes

Budgetary concerns, I'm guessing. They'll be going for ONE guy with a bunch of samples instead of an orchestra.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2017
    Looks like the beginning of the end.
    Likely -and somehow still slightly amazingly- the Simpsons have finally outstayed their welcome.
    Wished they would gracefully put an end to what has become an institution, rather than try and "fix" it.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2017 edited
    yeah

It's no longer what it was. The laughs are far more infrequent and have been for a while now. Put it to bed.

Oh yes, if there was one thing that didn't need fixing it was the music. Bunch of ass wipes!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorjb1234
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2017
    Thor wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Who decides after seventeen billion seasons that they suddenly need "a different kind of music"? rolleyes

Budgetary concerns, I'm guessing. They'll be going for ONE guy with a bunch of samples instead of an orchestra.

Futurama was brought back with samples so the precedent is certainly there.
  4. I wonder why they don't just use Clausen's music as library stock to track in. He must have assembled lots of recordings over the time. Can re-use fees be more expensive then sampled new music?

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The end of an era for tv music and film scores, we have long realized it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. Captain Future wrote
    I wonder why they don't just use Clausen's music as library stock to track in.
    Volker

Because the AFM would raise all manner of hell - as it is no longer the 1960s,you can't get away with reusing music constantly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thor wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote

who'll work for $15.00 an hour
    listen to more classical music!
  6. An FSM user says Alf' says he was fired by e-mail.

Rodney Dangerfield wasn't the only one who didn't get any respect.