• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2008
    Oh, nasty. Was it proven?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Yes, he pleaded guilty actually.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. PawelStroinski wrote
    Yes, he pleaded guilty actually.

yeah, I heard about that story too
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Oh, nasty. Was it proven?

Yes, they found videos of it in his house. The victim was a 12 year old boy.

He served his time and I believe he has the right to get on with life. But it's still impossible forgetting about what he did. Especially since people's sexuality doesn't just go away, so there will always be the risk that he'll strike again if given the chance.

Peter
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2008
    wtf, that's very bad
  3. He was paroled after 15 months.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I forgot about the directors "past".

Which is ? (in a brief sum)

Check it out on Wikipedia D.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Yep, zero respect for him now. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Is that about POWDER? I haven't heard the score but Clemmensen says 'don't believe the hype' wink

Demetris, the score is not a great one but you of all people would fall over at the main theme, which has two glorious arrangements, at the start and end of the album. Probably Goldsmith's most soaring, rapturous melody.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I have understood that out of all your sayings so far and your input is a further confirmation. I have to listen to that it seems smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Is that about POWDER? I haven't heard the score but Clemmensen says 'don't believe the hype' wink

Demetris, the score is not a great one but you of all people would fall over at the main theme, which has two glorious arrangements, at the start and end of the album. Probably Goldsmith's most soaring, rapturous melody.

I agree completely about that theme. It's up there alongside the themes from "Rudy", "Medicine man", "First contact" and "The edge". It's rare a melody like that comes along.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    It's a one-theme-wonder score, with emphasis on the "wonder" part!!

But even that's not true. The "wandering in the forest" theme is also very very lovely.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008
    New from Prometheus: The Cassandra Crossing

First disc features complete score, second features remastering of original album.

This one's a gem - highly-recommended from me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Now this is something else!!! I can definitely use this little number to plug an annoying hole in my Goldsmith collection!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  4. well this is promising indeed, heard the short score a while ago, but re hearing classic scores have paid off for me on multiple occassions, so why not this one as well? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008 edited
    Someone -I forget who and on which thread- has recently made a mention of the 1992 rejected score of Gladiator. I just wanted to add that I, too, am a fan of that score. I can understand why it was rejected. Too hip, and too aged, even for 1992. Too Hoosiers. But I love that kind of sound, and Hoosiers is one of my favourites, so it follows I love Gladiator.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Justin Boggan.
  5. HeeroJF wrote
    Someone -I forget who and on which thread- has recently made a mention of the 1992 rejected score of Gladiator. I just wanted to add that I, too, am a fan of that score. I can understand why it was rejected. Too hip, and too aged, even for 1992. Too Hoosiers. But I love that kind of sound, and Hoosiers is one of my favourites, so it follows I love Gladiator.

indeed, Gladiator shares some resemblance with Hoosiers, it's got that same jumpy style, there's a fantastic killer theme in the Gladiator score that's equal to Hoosiers

I hope to see that score released as well
  6. Steven wrote
    Justin Boggan.

What do you refer to?
  7. Ah, got it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2008
    pass on Cassandra Crossing
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    If you like oozing sugary syrup then you'll like Powder.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    You guys know me , So Ordered!!!!!!! biggrin
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    I'm really thinking about it too.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I saw it, HOT DAMN!!
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I never heard this one, but I'll definitely give it a listen!
  8. I finally found something:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq68qECR3ms
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  9. Wow, that main title sequence is great. Good music, too. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2008 edited
    Hi everyone, what would be your favourite Jerry Goldsmith theme and / or track that would also be a good listen for people who don't know any film music? I myself am thinking something Rudy or Rambo.
    wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2008
    My Goldsmith collection is still woefully incomplete, but the main theme of Mulan was one of my "love at first listen" tracks!