• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2007
    Steven wrote
    Man I love Goldsmith. There's nothing like a bit of Goldsmith after a heavy night! cool (NP: Rudy)

Ah, one of my favorites as well. That's such an enchanting, peaceful, and uplifting score. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    What is 2 cd score I found of Masada with Morton? It's realeased officially? good quality?

Boot.

Well...it seems has short but interesting action stuff.And with the same sound quality of the original realease. right?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    What is 2 cd score I found of Masada with Morton? It's realeased officially? good quality?

Boot.

Well...it seems has short but interesting action stuff.And with the same sound quality of the original realease. right?

All I know Jordi is that it's a boot, I can't comment any further as I've not heard it outside of the TV series which I watched many years ago.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    Atham wrote
    Just had to listen to Star Trek: The Motion Picture again (for the 900th time in 28 years). Wow!
    So rich with a wonderful soundscape. Love that Blaster Beam!

It's his greatest work!

-Erik-

I don't think that I'd single out Star Trek: The Motion Picture as THE greatest of Goldsmith's work, but it does contain one of the greatest examples of how music can carry on-screen images that - if you watched them with no sound - would otherwise be so boring. I'm talking about the Enterprise's journey through the interior of The Cloud. Perfection!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    I thought Star Trek The Motion Picture was an incredbly boring film even with the music.

The score on the other hand, is in my opinion, Goldsmith's magnum opus.
  2. tjguitar wrote
    I thought Star Trek The Motion Picture was an incredbly boring film even with the music.

It does drag in bits. But I find now that I'm listening to the music a lot of the time and ignoring what's happening on-screen.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. The Director´s Cut that came out some years ago is a bit better, though still very long and demanding. They actually did some nice new effect shots for this, and I love the bits about the score hidden within the specials.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2007 edited
    Star Trek: The Motion Picture is Goldsmith's greatest achievement. Don't try and argue with me. Just jump on the bandwagon and enjoy the ride!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    Star Trek: The Motion Picture is Goldsmith's greatest achievement. Don't try and argue with me. Just jump on the bandwagon and enjoy the ride!

-Erik-

If the ride is scored by Goldsmith then there's no argument from me!
  5. New from Prometheus: JERRY GOLDSMITH, THE EARLY YEARS, VOLUME 1

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=8307
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2007
    Antineutrino wrote
    New from Prometheus: JERRY GOLDSMITH, THE EARLY YEARS, VOLUME 1

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=8307

I'm trying to find the track listing?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. It says a "planned" release date of December 17th, so I assume a day or so before then we will get the tracklisting.

And note haow it says "Volume 1".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    justin boggan wrote
    It says a "planned" release date of December 17th, so I assume a day or so before then we will get the tracklisting.

And note haow it says "Volume 1".

Thanks Justin

I'm tired today and maybe not as much on the ball as usual shame smile
  7. Bah -- I have been sending e-mails out to nearly 30 different musicians on films scores. and exchanging e-mails with around five of them, and getting all kinds of wonderful info on rejected scores and discovering new ones that were recorded ... and I was up to 2 in hte morning last night, and I stil lsaw it.

You're just lazy. tongue
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  8. rolleyes
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  9. Wow! I've never seen anyone use a smiliy angrily before -- you sir have vested me! Why, I don't know how I shall go on. I guess I'll just have to crawl into a hole and die.

(Implied sarcasm, git)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    justin boggan wrote
    Bah -- I have been sending e-mails out to nearly 30 different musicians on films scores. and exchanging e-mails with around five of them, and getting all kinds of wonderful info on rejected scores and discovering new ones that were recorded ... and I was up to 2 in hte morning last night, and I stil lsaw it.

You're just lazy. tongue

Try a full 8 hours of seriously physical work and then come back and tell me I'm lazy! rolleyes
  10. Okay old Timmer, no need to get crotchity. I'll stay off the lawn.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2007 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    Okay old Timmer, no need to get crotchity. I'll stay off the lawn.

Less of the "old" if'n you don't mind. slant

p.s. I am in a much better mood now that I've eaten smile
  11. Small children? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2007
    Erik Woods wrote

Jump on?
    Heck, I'm driving the damn wagon! punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  12. From an old post at IMDB by a fellow score lover:

I just came home from the Sci-Fi Convention i Stockholm (www.propworld.nu). This time Dave Prowse, Jake "Anakin" Lloyd, Lou Ferrigno and Sean Astin was there to sign either photographs or personal items and in my case since I am a soundtrackcollector I brought my Rudy CD with me and when Mr. Astin signed it he said this to me: "Jerry Goldsmith should have won an academy award for Rudy" then he continues with saying this: "Whenever people say I was good in Rudy I always says that it was Jerry Goldsmith that made me shine"
  13. How cool is it he says such things? I wonder how many actors care about their relationship with composers...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2007
    Can anyone tell me how many themes, and how much they are devoloped in the Total Recall score?
    I can notice the love theme (a new life) in any other track for example...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2007 edited
    Everything is explained in the booklet. tongue
  14. rolleyes

"Total Recall" is a skipper anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2007 edited
    ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    No Stefan, what you you actually meant to say is everything is explained in the booklet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I don't have the score or cd.
    Can somebody tell me how it is expained in the booklet then?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    How about taking some geography lessons?

I know I know. But it's still funny... well, I think it is anyway. tongue