• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009
    sdtom wrote
    So you would buy for example a (6) CD set of Explorers?

No. But I would like to hear the outtakes etc just the once ( but preferably to something incredible like Star Trek TMP ).
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Silvestri scores have always had quite the oomph in the recordings, so I'm pleased to hear BTTF is no different. punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Less than 200 copies of "Innerspace" left. Going, going...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. justin boggan wrote
    Less than 200 copies of "Innerspace" left. Going, going...

oh yeah, brilliant punk
    love it, this score deserves it, simply for the several knockout cues and themes in that score

Hey Big Jack: Don't knock: Come! biggrin
    The Cowboy theme cool
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009
    WHAT A GREAT THEME

This score has long been one of my holy grails.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    WHAT A GREAT THEME

Tim is infected by Kokodezil´s Youtube virus shocked tongue
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009 edited
    Yes! But mine are not in the service of the dark side tongue I doubt there are many who know of The List of Adrian Messenger.

Did you like it Marcel?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    p.s. Jerry Goldsmith would have knocked a Sherlock Holmes score right out of the ball park.
  4. Timmer wrote
    p.s. Jerry Goldsmith would have knocked a Sherlock Holmes score right out of the ball park.

he would have knocked any score out of the ball park now wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Yes! But mine are not in the service of the dark side tongue I doubt there are many who know of The List of Adrian Messenger.

Did you like it Marcel?

Honestly I didn´t know about the film nor the score. But yes, I liked it; and you are right, Goldsmith would have been a great choice to score a Sherlock Holmes movie (actually, The List of Adrian Messenger´s main titles cue has a sound that I would easily relate to a mistery / detective kind of film).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2009 edited
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

Did you like it Marcel?

Honestly I didn´t know about the film nor the score. But yes, I liked it; and you are right, Goldsmith would have been a great choice to score a Sherlock Holmes movie (actually, The List of Adrian Messenger´s main titles cue has a sound that I would easily relate to a mistery / detective kind of film).

And that's exactly why I made that comment beer And you are spot on as the film is a 'mystery / detective' kind of film, worth watching if only to spot the likes of Frank Sinatra, Kirk Douglas, Tony Curtis, Robert Mitchum and Burt Lancaster all disguised under heavy make-up and, of course, Jerry Goldsmith's excellent score, a score that is incidently my last holy grail of his works.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

Did you like it Marcel?

And that's exactly why I made that comment beer And you are spot on as the film is a 'mystery / detective' kind of film, worth watching if only to spot the likes of Frank Sinatra, Kirk Douglas, Tony Curtis, Robert Mitchum and Burt Lancaster all disguised under heavy make-up and, of course, Jerry Goldsmith's excellent score, a score that is incidently my last holy grail of his works.

We'll see about that statement
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2009 edited
    There are still Goldsmith works I would like on CD Tom, Explorers and Sebastian to name two but The List of Adrian Messenger is the one that would have my jaw hitting the floor, I've wanted this ever since I first saw the film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Adrian Messenger is the only one left of his unreleased scores that I'm particularly familiar with and it's truly dynamite. I guess it's inevitable that some more of his scores get released and I hope there are some more gems in there.

The one expansion I think is really needed is Gremlins. A tremendous score that would work extremely well if released in complete form (it would still be less than an hour).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ahhhh Gremlins, I forgot about Gremlins.
  5. Gremlins cool

Until now my bootleg has provided me with enough listening pleasure, though I've always preferred Gremlins 2, music-wise.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. "Innerspace" = SOLD OUT
    (at LLLR, probably still at ScreenSrchives.com and other places)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  7. I don't care, my copy has shipped. tongue punk
  8. I care, a little, for the people who missed it (myself not being one of them ;-).
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2009
    http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/cata … ieid=19531

I've had this one for awhile (Soundstage 21)
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  9. justin boggan wrote
    I care, a little, for the people who missed it (myself not being one of them ;-).

it would be a shame the die hard fans would have missed that, I'm just lucky I've acquired myself a copy

thank you La-La Land punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2009
    justin boggan wrote
    "Innerspace" = SOLD OUT

I'm still trying to decide on this. The samples sound fine but I'm not sure if this is the kind of Jerry I want. I didn't even get The Burbs.
  10. BhelPuri wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    "Innerspace" = SOLD OUT

I'm still trying to decide on this. The samples sound fine but I'm not sure if this is the kind of Jerry I want. I didn't even get The Burbs.

The Burbs is one of Jerry's biggest creative scores, the thing about Innerspace is, it is 100% Jerry Goldsmith in 80's mode, if you know Jerry, you know what to expect
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    The Burbs is one of Jerry's biggest creative scores, the thing about Innerspace is, it is 100% Jerry Goldsmith in 80's mode, if you know Jerry, you know what to expect

I'm more fond of the dramatic/emotional than the comedic/action/adventure stuff from JG.
    Powder, Russia House, Medicine Man, Magic... those kind of scores. I missed out on Magic - I didn't pick it when it was available. I saw the movie later and regret missing out to this day. sad
  11. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    ...it is 100% Jerry Goldsmith in 80's mode...

Too much of a risk that the synths in Innerspace would be too overpowering.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Is there any official release for Jerry Goldsmith's Anna and the King?
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
  12. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    ...it is 100% Jerry Goldsmith in 80's mode...

Too much of a risk that the synths in Innerspace would be too overpowering.

But those synths are what I like. And the themes of course which are vintage Goldsmith.
    • CommentAuthortimme
    Varese Club has just released Freud Deluxe Edition. Cd's will be shipped from december 15th. I'm a big Goldsmith fan but is this one worth buying? I don't know this score and the clips sound very dark.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2009 edited
    timme wrote
    Varese Club has just released Freud Deluxe Edition. Cd's will be shipped from december 15th. I'm a big Goldsmith fan but is this one worth buying? I don't know this score and the clips sound very dark.

I would say "yes" - but then I like Goldsmith in this mode.

And it's nice to hear the cues that were taken from Freud and used in Alien:

Charcot's Show

Desperate Case

...both used when Dallas is in the shaft.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthortimme
    I'll wait ans see what Intrada has in store tonight, so maybe I can order some cd's togheter. I'll think that this one won't be sold out that quick, since it took almost a week to sell out Innerspace, which was on many people's holy grail list, including mine.