• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2009
    Sunil wrote
    Is there any official release for Jerry Goldsmith's Anna and the King?

Only the selection on the Goldsmith at 20th Century Fox box set.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm only familiar with FREUD through the bits and pieces in the ALIEN film. Listening to the sound clips now, this sounds like Goldsmith in his challenging, dissonant mode. Interesting, for sure, and under other circumstances I might have picked it up, C&C or not.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Okay I've seen you write this a couple of times now, Thor. What the hell does C&C mean?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. complete and chronological
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    complete and chronological

That's it.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not command and conquer?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. lol

Complete & Chronological: Red Alert 2 is one of my favourite strategy games. beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Let me guess, the enemies look like Thor?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Most possibly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Not command and conquer?

Oh, I thought in Thor's case it meant Curtailed & Concise.

Example - Regarding Mulan commercial album VS Mulan Promo:

"If I have the commercial album, do I need (or should I) seek out the promo version?"

Thor:

"Unsurprisingly, I think the commercial album is better than the promo. The promo pads out the running time with cues that aren't very coherent, musically, and doesn't flow as well with the songs as the commercial album."

Classic.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009
    Although I have to agree that the promo of Mulan has a fair share of (too) short tracks. So you might say it "plays" better. However, as a filmmusic enthousiast the promo is MUCH MUCH MUCH better, since it has such great tracks, that were simple ommited on the commercial album, for example: Avalanche.

As well as some fine action/choral work at the end of the movie for the scenes in the Imperial Palace.

I agree with Thor sometimes that short albums play better, but not that they are better than complete releases. (for filmmusic enthousiasts)
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    timme wrote
    Varese Club has just released Freud Deluxe Edition. Cd's will be shipped from december 15th. I'm a big Goldsmith fan but is this one worth buying? I don't know this score and the clips sound very dark.

This I believe was his first Oscar nomination but I'm no historian of J.G. I've got the Tsunami and overall I'm disappointed with it.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Disappointed with Goldsmith's score or the Tsunami sound quality?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Talos wrote
    The promo pads out the running time with cues that aren't very coherent, musically, and doesn't flow as well with the songs as the commercial album."

Classic.

So basically C&C stands for Classic & Coherent?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Atham wrote
    Disappointed with Goldsmith's score or the Tsunami sound quality?

Both
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2009 edited
    Dear all,

I have a question regarding Jerry Goldsmith's Anna and the King. The thing is i have thoroughly searched for information of this score that for which version he had composed for? because to my knowledge, in 1946, there was a release of this movie and again 1999, remade movie which originally composed by George Fenton. So, my questions are:

Is this rejected score?

If no, for which version he composed for? request you to provide me with details.

Thank you.

Sunil.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2009
    The one Goldsmith scored was a TV series I think. George Fenton scored a different film in 1999 - I strongly recommend you to check out the score, it's absolutely fantastic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DemonStar wrote
    The one Goldsmith scored was a TV series I think. George Fenton scored a different film in 1999 - I strongly recommend you to check out the score, it's absolutely fantastic.

Yes, i do have the score of George Fenton for Anna and the King 1999 version but in cassette format. I am looking for CD. Someday or other, i will get that in CD. I just adore George Fenton's score for Anna and the King. Damn good one! punk
  4. Short lived 1972 TV series for which he and the late Richard shores scored episodes.

http://www.jerrygoldsmithonline.com/works_tv.htm
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    justin boggan wrote
    Short lived 1972 TV series for which he and the late Richard shores scored episodes.

http://www.jerrygoldsmithonline.com/works_tv.htm

Thank you for your information.
  5. The review of Innerspace, now exclusively on MainTitles:

- Innerspace
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2009
    Jerry doesn't have any Christmas score? sad

I think Gremlins is the closest. Right?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote

Probably? I can't think of another one!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Timmer wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Probably? I can't think of another one!?

Demos for "Reindeer Games", if you want to count that.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Is there a longer version of "Damnation Alley" out there ?
    Or are those 9 tracks on the "Goldsmith at 20th Century Fox" box set all there is ?
    It's a personal favourite of mine and I would love to see an expanded edition .
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  7. Nope, sorry.

As I recall (think it was Lukas, FSM) the electronic parts of the score are mssing (and possibly some music masters), so that's what has kept it from a full release so far. I assume, since some of the FOX Box pieces have some elctronics in them, that what they included was all they could find.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    THX for the info Justin ... wink
    Damn , that's just too bad !
    There goes my dream of ever getting any more of this score ... sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    THX? Not Dolby?
  8. Christodoulides wrote
    THX? Not Dolby?

face-palm-mt

I prefer DTS myself... tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    THX? Not Dolby?

rolleyes moon

LOL wink