• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2009
    This is what you get when you're bored and using lazy acronyms. wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2009
    Although technically it wasn't an acronym. biggrin

Although I do usually hate acronyms. Remember AWE!? face-palm-mt
  1. Posted TODAY by Lukas over at FSM!!!:

You'll get a Goldsmith tomorrow (1/14/10) and two more by summer from us.

Lukas
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. FSM announces:

"Islands In the Stream" (complete original score)
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … HE-STREAM/
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Yep. I'll buy that.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010
    Aha. Most interesting. I adore it. The question is - is it worth it for someone who has the re-recording?
  4. It's the difference in recording that interests me, not the whiff of any additional materal. (doesn't look like there is much anyway!)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Yes, bugger it. For THIS score, it's worth it. Golden Goldsmith, one of his very best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    The interest for me is the inclusion of the boat chase music (Eddie's Death) which was not included on the Intrada re-recording.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. Funny, but Islands In The Stream is one of Goldsmith's scores that I just haven't been able to get into.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2010
    I must admit it's not one that I listen to that often. It's got a lot of Goldsmith magic, but hasn't really got the themes to pull it all together as far as I remember. Perhaps I just need another listen?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Aha. Most interesting. I adore it. The question is - is it worth it for someone who has the re-recording?

Some GREAT action music missing from Goldsmith's rerecording.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I am not familiar with Islands in the Stream and the sound clips don't sound too convincing for me either. (OK, I admit I am not the biggest fan of Goldsmith on this forum) Is there another Goldsmith score it is similar to?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    keky wrote
    (OK, I admit I am not the biggest fan of Goldsmith on this forum)

That's it. You're banned!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    I'll stick with my original Intrada issue, I think. But good that this is finally released.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Steven wrote
    keky wrote
    (OK, I admit I am not the biggest fan of Goldsmith on this forum)

That's it. You're banned!

We can talk about it: if you will get to love Morricone, I will get to love Goldsmith. OK? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Deal. (That's how much I love Goldsmith; I'm willing to try to get to like Morricone again for the umpteenth time.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I can guarantee it won't happen though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I can see you are willing to take sacrifices. That's a good thing.
    But probably I would have an easier task since I have never said I don't like Goldsmith or hate him. It's just that he is not among my very favourites. Among my hundreds of CDs I have only own about 14-15 Goldsmiths so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I used to have some Morricone CDs until I sold them. I think I still have The Good, The Bad & The Ugly... but I gave that to my Dad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Well, I have never sold any of my Goldsmith CDs yet and I don't plan to sell them in the future either.
  6. I think the only one I have bought and sold afterward is 'The Challenge'. I just was totally unable to get into that weird mix of the Japanese and Jerry styles, I always had to painfully drag myself through it, one of the most boring Goldsmiths I've ever heard...
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I've sold/given/traded away a BUNCH! Don't want them back either.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. So all of those were pretty long albums then? cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I used to have some Morricone CDs until I sold them. I think I still have The Good, The Bad & The Ugly... but I gave that to my Dad.

At least you know where to find it when you have seen the error of your ways.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote

Two words... Godzilla Promo. BAM!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  8. lol

If I had known at the time I would've sold Thor my promo copy. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

Two words... Godzilla Promo. BAM!

-Erik-

Oh yeah, there are definitely some regrets out there. Not too many Goldsmiths, though. EXPLORERS, at most, which I remember as kinda fun, but I can live perfectly without it. Maybe CONGO too.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. You sold Explorers ? How can you get rid of FUN ?????

The day you atone for any sins committed during your lifetime, this is one you will NOT be forgiven for... mark my words !!

But offer me some nice fat pile of cash and I'll give you mine. wink

NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. It's Thor. We shouldn't be surprised at this point. Just check out, say, his last 25 comments at FSM.