• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Any list that has "Total Recall" and "The Boys From Brazil" over "Rudy", isn't a list to pay attention to. ;-)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2010
    justin boggan wrote
    Any list that has "Total Recall" and "The Boys From Brazil" over "Rudy", isn't a list to pay attention to. ;-)

My list would also have those two over Rudy.
  2. BhelPuri wrote
    Holy crapamonga! There's no Russia House in that list. Not a fan of that score eh, Alan?

biggrin

If you mean the score as a whole, it's an okay listen. But it's one of those scores where a track or two gives me all I need.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. justin boggan wrote
    Any list that has "Total Recall" and "The Boys From Brazil" over "Rudy", isn't a list to pay attention to. ;-)

What list? dizzy

Again, it's a score that has one or two highlight tracks that summarises the score well. I'd say that both Total Recall and (to a lesser extent) The Boys From Brazil are top-notch from start to finish and offer a lot of variety within the whole CD(s) that can't be easily summarised in just a few tracks.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Well, that's such a strong list it can't be disagreed with wink

Just comes down to taste and opinion. biggrin

^
    worth repeating. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    Holy crapamonga! There's no Russia House in that list. Not a fan of that score eh, Alan?

biggrin

If you mean the score as a whole, it's an okay listen. But it's one of those scores where a track or two gives me all I need.

Agreed. Katya and The Family Arrives are such stunners!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    justin boggan wrote

My list would also have those two over Rudy.

Me too!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    And I would pick Hoosiers over Rudy (even though I ADORE the score to Rudy).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

I don't like Hoosiers and Rudy I hardly ever play.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Well that's because you're a bad person.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote

Here's a case of what mood your are in. Do you want to hear a Goldsmith score stuck in the 80's combining symphony orchestra and basket ball bouncing electronic beats with one HELLUVA THEME or do you want one of Goldsmith more simplistic yet incredibly powerful all orchestral scores with one HELLUVA THEME!

I simply can't choose because they are totally different in approach but deliver in the emotional department equally. But I do find myself reaching more for Rudy. However, if I'm ever in the mood for a 15 minute Goldsmith barn burner I'll turn to "The Finals" from Hoosiers. The climax is unbeatable, the soaring theme never fails to give me goosebumps (I actually visualize hockey skates cutting into ice in slow motion when the theme plays at 8:57) Those twinkling synth "drops" at the end of the track are delightful!

Two great scores!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Well that's because you're a bad person.

Yes, I am.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    A tree grows in Brooklyn.

The definition of beautiful.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010
    Intrada has released his 1979 score for Players. The film may be awful, but the score is a wonderful one if I remember the bootleg correctly. Will certainly be buying this one - and suspect the 3000 copies won't be around for long.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Checking the samples now. The first cue is great fun. After that it's a bit like Chinatown... jazzy and delicate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010 edited
    Judged by the sound clips The Players sounds like the first Goldsmith CD in a long time that I might like. I'll probably buy it...
  4. I'm getting 'Players' also. That first cue says it all really! cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Crikey, this is lovely.
    And loads of guitar cues as well (which I'm particularly partial to).
    It's been a while since I purchased a Goldsmith release, but this one is definitely a go!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. There's so much Goldsmith titles being released at the moment!!

The Blue Max arrived this morning and I'm looking forward to giving this a spin later (and retiring the Sony Legacy tracks on my mp3 player.)

And also looking forward to retiring my copy of the Players bootleg.
  6. DreamTheater wrote
    I'm getting 'Players' also. That first cue says it all really! cheesy

cool, that means I don't have to get it, and still be able to listen to it smile

man, I have a lot of Goldsmith scores to check out in the upcoming months shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  7. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    I'm getting 'Players' also. That first cue says it all really! cheesy

cool, that means I don't have to get it, and still be able to listen to it smile

Score one for the Twat Brothers !!! punk

This is me -> beer <- This is Thomas
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    When you come to England, calling yourselves THE TWAT BROTHERS is a big no no, y'hear!?
  8. Why, you afraid of being embarrassed?

And why come over to Britain, it's not like we don't have rain and cold harsh weather here too...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DreamTheater wrote
    Why, you afraid of being embarrassed?

I don't think it's us that would have to worry about that...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    wise words, heed them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Just let everyone know when you will be coming over to the UK.

I'll be washing my hair that day.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010 edited
    Guys, I am not the seller... but I think this is a STEAL... for those who don't own this score... GET IT GET IT GET IT!!!!!!!!!!

NIGHT CROSSING

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jerry-Goldsmith-Nig … 2a056c2084

I LOVE THIS SCORE. (I have the expanded version though) but WOW, what a great score!
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010
    A very good price. Luckily I already have it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Yeah, really good score! Similar in parts to ST:TMP, other parts similar to Capricorn One, other parts a clear influence on James Horner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    'First Flight' is classic Goldsmith. love