• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010
    How long did the original CD run?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    35 minutes... I think.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. don't know the film by heart to tell if there's a lot of stuff missing that's worthy of this expanded release, but I'm sure some extra tension stuff concerning the bear will deliver some rousing material
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's a good score but I rarely play it so I'll pass.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ohhh... there's about 6 dozens playings of the main theme in the first 20-30 minutes of the film.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    THE EDGE is a pretty decent score - from the jazzy stuff to the outdoorsy action stuff. I would never buy an expanded release, and - in fact - I just recently sold my old album to a member here on the board.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. 38 minutes ! Too long I presume? cheesy tongue

I didn't see this coming, The Edge expanded... hmmm... maybe I may just get this, if only to hear 'Rescued' the way Jerry composed it, and not with some Botnicked sound effect added to it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthortimme
    I'm in dubio on this one to. Just got Outland 2cd. I already had the capricorn one/outland release. But is there enough music to buy this version. I was hoping that someone would release Executive Descision in expanded form, because on that release, there's alot of action music missing. But let's wait and see the tracklising of The Edge
  3. Hey Tim good to see you again... I gave Outland a miss because the original release didn't do too much for me. BTW how about that Star Trek 3 huh? punk cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthortimme
    Ordered it yesterday with Outland! But also with Star Trek 3, I already own the OST! But Goldsmith and Horner are still high up on my favorite composer list! Jerry being alltime number one!
  4. Passing on The Edge. I have the original CD which is pretty much enough.

I *am* considering the Mancina though.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I *am* considering the Mancina though.

I'm getting it for sure. From Mancina's best period (1994 - 2000: Speed - Bad Boys - Twister - Moll Flanders - Con Air - Speed 2 - Return to Paradise).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  5. Con Air as something good? I can't take a minute of this one!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Con Air as something good? I can't take a minute of this one!

CON AIR is awesome!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Con air is vomit inducing to me, both movie and score shame
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It does have one decent bit in the entire film: the bit where it ends.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Say it like it is bro biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thor wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

CON AIR is awesome!

punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  6. PawelStroinski wrote

Con Air is a guilty pleasure for me, I love every second of it
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    Con air is vomit inducing to me, both movie and score shame

NO !!!!!! angry

Steven wrote

AGAIN, NO !!!!!!!! crazy

It's big fun, a film and the actors in it not taking themselves all too seriously, Hollywood should produce more of this. Cage in his hillbilly mode is a riot and Malkovich gets some awesome lines. But John Cusack I like the most. There's an honesty and act-on-principle ability in his role that gets to me every time. And lets not forget Colm Meany, he is as great as he is a pompous prick.

This movie gets big thumbs up from me! punk

And the score is awesome too. Why? Guitars up the wazoo, that's why...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    CON-AIR

Dreadful film

Dreadful score

FACT!
  8. That's all you have as argument Tim? rolleyes

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010 edited
    DT, 'cause we seriously don't get enough of easy to digest action movies these days with all the hollywood cliches and noisy crappy guitar scores?

Yeah, you're so right, they should produce even more of those 'cause there's lack of them. rolleyes Don't take it personally mate, but as long as such views come out loud and profoundly as yours here, it's no wonder studios and directors these days actually think this is the kind of film scores we WANT to get.
  9. Want I want is more movies not taking themselves seriously, poking a bit of fun with itself and the characters and such. There's too much of the seriousness and not enough of the other kind. When I grew up movies were about being entertained. Con Air does that in spades, if you put your mind in neutral that is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Too much seriousness? In which cinema is that? wink
  10. I think I get DT's point here. Con Air has a fair share of autoirony to the writing and the actors seemed to have fun with the material.

Abrams' Star Trek was a breath of fresh air, because it didn't try to be the most important movie in the world (and some of the earlier Trek movies, alas, had a HUGE sense of self-importance). It had lots of good-natured humour and didn't take itself very seriously. Bay's Transformers sucks when it tries to be funny, gets overblown when serious - Part Two at least, part one had less self-importance and slightly better humour.

The point is, action thrillers are insanely serious these days. The art of auto-irony in such a genre died, I'm afraid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Boy you're going to love the expandables wink
  11. Most possibly. Not sure about the score though wink

Unless Tyler does an orchestral throwback to the likes of Goldsmith of that years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    If the score is as good as Rambo IV i'm sold. DT will wet himself with the movie i am sure wink