• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2010
    mkay wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I also love The Dark Knight (even though I think Batman Begins is still better)

Jesus, it runs in the family.

seriously, Batman Begins is much better, smoother too

Your opinion is wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I am Martijn and I approve of the previous statement.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I am Timmer and I have authorised the above as irrefutable FACT!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I and my personal impression will not change under enormous pressure tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2010
    THE EDGE: LIMITED EDITION

THE EDGE: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1131
    Music by Jerry Goldsmith
    Limited Edition of 3500 Units

NOW SHIPPING
    RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

ORDER "THE EDGE: LIMITED EDITION" NOW at www.lalalandrecords.com

La-La Land Records, with Sony Music (Custom Marketing Group) and 20th Century Fox, presents the remastered and expanded release of composer Jerry Goldsmith's (PATTON, THE OMEN, BASIC INSTINCT, FIRST BLOOD, INNERSPACE) powerful orchestral score to the 1997 Twentieth Century Fox feature film THE EDGE, starring Anthony Hopkins, Alec Baldwin and Bart The Bear, directed by Lee Tamahori. Considered by many to be one of Mr. Goldsmith's last great scores, his music to THE EDGE is at once thrilling, thoughtful and breathtakingly beautiful – managing to not only convey the film's majestic backdrop, but also it's complex struggles of Man vs. Beast, Man vs. Nature and Man vs. Man. Produced by Nick Redman, Mike Matessino, and Didier C. Deutsch, this expanded presentation of THE EDGE features more than 65 minutes of pure Goldsmith, including bonus tracks. CD booklet contains exclusive liner notes by Jeff Bond. This is a limited edition of 3500 units.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Early Arrival (1:32)*
    2. Lost In The Wild(s) (2:59)
    3. A Lucky Man/Open Door (1:41)*
    4. Mighty Hunter (1:31)
    5. The Spirit (0:36)*
    6. Birds (2:22)
    7. The Fire / Breakfast (2:31)*
    8. Rich Man (0:58)*
    9. The Ravine (4:36)
    10. Bitter Coffee (3:01)
    11. Wound (1:38)*
    12 . Stephen's Death (2:26)*
    13. The Cage / False Hope / No Matches (3:34)*
    14. Stalking (5:46)
    15. Deadfall / Bear Fight (6:21)
    16. The Discovery / Trust Your Back (5:01)*
    17. The River (2:26)
    18. Rescued (6:03)
    19. End Title (Lost In The Wild)(s) (1:59)*
    20. The Edge (2:55)

Bonus Tracks
    21. False Hope (Alternate Take) (1:08)*
    22. Rescued (Film Version Ending) (1:19)*
    23. The Edge (Alternate Take) (3:00)*
    Total Time 66:15
    * - Previously unreleased
  2. I listened to one cue from the score on YouTube and liked what I heard, but I am not totally sure. I make very, very little money (I had to save for a couple months just to get a new pair of shoes -- to say nothing of cloths), so I need more. Can anyone suggest three cues I shoudl take a listen to, from that score?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2010
    1) Lost in the Wild
    2) The Ravine
    3) Rescued

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Ravine or Deadfall, really.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010
  4. Agreed, but I'm passing on the expanded score, the original RCA Victor release is enough. And it has a sentimental value to me, this was my first Jerry Goldsmith CD I bought.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I got my confirmation that OUTLAND has been sent, anyone else gone for this one?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Agreed, but I'm passing on the expanded score, the original RCA Victor release is enough. And it has a sentimental value to me, this was my first Jerry Goldsmith CD I bought.

I don't remember any music in the film not on the CD, which I'm happy with. But it's Goldsmith, which is enough for me, silly though I know that is!

As for Outland - haven't ordered yet. But I will!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I don't have the original CD, just mp3s. I think I might buy this CD, then.

Great film, great score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Is it a great film? I remember seeing it on TV ages ago and being entertained... but I don't remember it being great?

We are talking about The Edge?
  5. Timmer wrote
    I got my confirmation that OUTLAND has been sent, anyone else gone for this one?

I did. Got my confirmation on the 11th - same day as shipping notification on Jarre's Mad Max (about time!)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

I did. Got my confirmation on the 11th - same day as shipping notification on Jarre's Mad Max (about time!)

same here Alan cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Is it a great film? I remember seeing it on TV ages ago and being entertained... but I don't remember it being great?

I remember it being an entertaining film with fabulous scenery ( I think it was shot in Alaska? ), and a big bear somewhere in the middle of the film, what I would call entertaining but forgettable which is 100% accurate as I can barely remember it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Steven wrote

Sorry, I meant to say "good film, great score". It has been a while since I last saw it but I do remember it to be entertaining.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Timmer wrote

Yep. Mine's on its way. I can't wait! Great atmospheric score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2010
    A question on Outland - is disc two (ie the album recording I currently know and love) a completely separate re-recording, or is it just an edited version of the film cues?
  6. Southall wrote
    A question on Outland - is disc two (ie the album recording I currently know and love) a completely separate re-recording, or is it just an edited version of the film cues?

I don't have the notes here with me but I think some tracks are alternate versions - e.g., "Spiders" and "The Air Lock" - whilst others are edited versions of the film tracks.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2010
    According to the liner notes Disc 2 (or the original album recording) was mixed and edited the way Goldsmith preferred to have it for a listening experience which included having some cue sections beefed up with extra instrument layers making it quite "meatier" than what was used in the actual film.
    The new deluxe version is a "must buy" without question!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2010
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good review Tom, still, I'll keep to my old release which I rarely play anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    i would really like to hear a 10-12 minute improv of this with sax extended piano
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2010 edited
    Any score release or re-release with the name Jerry Goldsmith on it is a cash cow.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2010
    KevinSmith wrote
    Any score release or re-release with the name Jerry Goldsmith on it is a cash cow.

Not true.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2010
    Hmm...how is it not true?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  7. "Basic Instinct" (expanded Promethues; not sold out)
    "100 Rifles" (FSM, not sold out)
    Heck, a number of Goldsmith titles at FSM not sold out.

I'd say it's better to say 75% of Goldsmith titles have been a "cash cow", since they sold out (when in limited edition.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.