• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2007 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    What is the best end credits from Goldsmith???

If you go for a nice remix of themes used in the movie, I love the suite from Mulan, which was supposed to be the end title suite before they put one of those s#*&%$ngs there instead.
    If you want the best version of a single theme, I would put one of my personal favourites into the ring, the end credits from Lionheart. The track King Richard could be regarded as a very nice intro suite, too, if you will.
  1. Nautilus wrote

I was watching my discography and I can't find any kind of "rebel fleet" ,"throne room" or " Mummy returns" or " it's only gold" ...with all the main theme played at the end.....

Only the star trek credits are close!!!!

How it can be? Wich is the most thematic goldsmith score?

A Favorite that always comes to my mind is Lionheart, a dream of a score and full of catchy memorable themes
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2007
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Nautilus wrote

I was watching my discography and I can't find any kind of "rebel fleet" ,"throne room" or " Mummy returns" or " it's only gold" ...with all the main theme played at the end.....

A Favorite that always comes to my mind is Lionheart, a dream of a score and full of catchy memorable themes

King richard or the future?? One it's from the 1 cd edition, and the another from the 2 cd's realease.
  2. Nautilus wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Nautilus wrote

King richard or the future?? One it's from the 1 cd edition, and the another from the 2 cd's realease.

That will be King Richard, I forgot there were indeed 2 volumes from it, so indeed King Richard, a simply brilliant theme and finale to a terrific score
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Well, listen to it, then it becomes rather obvious. King Richard is a suite with lots of themes, including the End Credits, and The Future is the pure End Credits after a short intro. I love the End Credits as they are, but if I want a suite, I listen to King Richard
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Well, listen to it, then it becomes rather obvious. King Richard is a suite with lots of themes, including the End Credits, and The Future is the pure End Credits after a short intro. I love the End Credits as they are, but if I want a suite, I listen to King Richard

yeap. But I never liked the "evil motif" from this score.Can you tell me what themes are played in "king richard" im not very familiar with them...thanks!

oh! Another one...

I'll stay from Rambo III. I love how introduce the themes from the third, and the new arrengement from " a long road" A great 9 minutes conclusion for this trilogy. (sadly my favourite theme, from the second movie is not heard here).
  3. The Problem is, so can chose so many Goldsmith efforts, most just have those great last tracks or end credits. Goldsmith is a king and he'll remain that way. I'm just so glad the last score we heard from him was Timeline and not Looney Tunes because I consider his Timeline score to be a terrific final stroke of genious. That 11 minute battle cue is just sublime
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    The Problem is, so can chose so many Goldsmith efforts, most just have those great last tracks or end credits. Goldsmith is a king and he'll remain that way. I'm just so glad the last score we heard from him was Timeline and not Looney Tunes because I consider his Timeline score to be a terrific final stroke of genious. That 11 minute battle cue is just sublime

I like very much Looney tunes, and I consider this 11 minutes from Timeline amazing, specially for the percusion and the secondary motif (wich is better than the main theme)!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Let´s see, King Richard, out of my head...
    It starts out with typical Lionheart action music, with the Lionheart fanfare at its beginning, followed by a long, but very nice piece of action, using the big Lionheart 3-note-action motif, which is part of the main motif, again and again. We get some short visits from Mathilda´s Theme, until the action is resolved. The main motif returns for some nice and quiet renditions. Then the Love Theme shows up, briefly, but strongly. Then we head straight into the full Main Theme.
    Sorry I can´t be more specific, it´s out of my head, as I said.

But I have to agree that the End Credits suite from Rambo III is one of my absolute favourites, as well...
  4. Nautilus wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    The Problem is, so can chose so many Goldsmith efforts, most just have those great last tracks or end credits. Goldsmith is a king and he'll remain that way. I'm just so glad the last score we heard from him was Timeline and not Looney Tunes because I consider his Timeline score to be a terrific final stroke of genious. That 11 minute battle cue is just sublime

I like very much Looney tunes, and I consider this 11 minutes from Timeline amazing, specially for the percusion and the secondary motif (wich is better than the main theme)!

its not that I dislike Looney Tunes, I just consider that Timeline holds that special spark of Goldsmith genious, or at least more than Looney Tunes

Ah, in short terms the man was a legend

Ps, anybody picked up that youtube version of the Rambo trailer? They placed the original Goldsmith music over it and out of nowhere the trailer was simply sensational. Shows what good music can do wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Supergirl!

Yeap!

"final Shodown and Victory" is one of the biggest (I mean more epic and loud) pieces from Goldsmith.

The action is terribly busy, and the end credits with the Vortex theme, the heroic march and the love theme has a inmense sense of scope!
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2007
    King Solomon's Mines has some good themes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2008
    From the Soundtrack.net review:

In 1979, composer Jerry Goldsmith wrote his best score. At times majestic, at times frightening, the movie told the story of space travelers confronted with an alien threat. It spanned a motion picture franchise with a devoted that continues to even today.

He also wrote Alien, which wasn't too shabby itself.

Excellent. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2008
    Steven wrote
    From the Soundtrack.net review:

In 1979, composer Jerry Goldsmith wrote his best score. At times majestic, at times frightening, the movie told the story of space travelers confronted with an alien threat. It spanned a motion picture franchise with a devoted that continues to even today.

He also wrote Alien, which wasn't too shabby itself.

Excellent. biggrin

I remember a newspaper film critic at the time of the films release complaining that Alien didn't have a proper theme unlike Jaws rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2008
    Nautilus wrote

Try Twilight Zone: The Movie. Those end credits should meet your criteria.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. Although it includes more than just the end credits, Goldsmith's final cue for The Final Conflict is one of my favourite endings to one of Goldsmith's scores. And the additional few minutes that were added back to the deluxe edition of the Varese CD made it even better.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNunoM
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Although it includes more than just the end credits, Goldsmith's final cue for The Final Conflict is one of my favourite endings to one of Goldsmith's scores. And the additional few minutes that were added back to the deluxe edition of the Varese CD made it even better.

FalkirkBairn I absolutely agree with you. It's one of my favourites too.
    Goldsmith closes the album in an almost operatic way.
    Where did he get that kind of insipiration for such a terrible bad movie??
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Although it includes more than just the end credits, Goldsmith's final cue for The Final Conflict is one of my favourite endings to one of Goldsmith's scores. And the additional few minutes that were added back to the deluxe edition of the Varese CD made it even better.

Wonderfully biblical music. I may be a devout non-believer, but I can assure you that I find some of the imagery in religion extremely powerful, and that piece of music really captures that sense of awe, well, perfectly.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote

So true, so very true! I was really disappointed with it's lack in the original Varese release....to say nothing for the crappy sound slant

Varese came good in the end though cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Well my pick for best Goldsmith closing tracks for like evah:

* First Knight - Camelot Lives
    WOOOW! nuff said!

* The Mummy - The Sand Volcano
    great classic Goldsmith excitement wrapped in a big bag of fun.

* Basic Instinct - An Unending Story
    climax of orgasmic proportions.

* Lionheart - King Richard
    building Jerry magic than culminates in epic adventure theme.

* Supergirl - The Final Showdown & Victory / End Title
    no comment needed, see above.

* Explorers - Have a Nice Trip
    memorable and undeniably fun, should put a smile on your face.

All I can think of now!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DreamTheater wrote
    Well my pick for best Goldsmith closing tracks for like evah:

* First Knight - Camelot Lives
    WOOOW! nuff said!

* The Mummy - The Sand Volcano
    great classic Goldsmith excitement wrapped in a big bag of fun.

* Basic Instinct - An Unending Story
    climax of orgasmic proportions.

* Lionheart - King Richard
    building Jerry magic than culminates in epic adventure theme.

* Supergirl - The Final Showdown & Victory / End Title
    no comment needed, see above.

* Explorers - Have a Nice Trip
    memorable and undeniably fun, should put a smile on your face.

All I can think of now!

Good Selection.

I add to your list "ill Stay" from Rambo III and Star Trek First Contact End Credits.
  7. Nautilus wrote
    Good Selection.

I add to your list "ill Stay" from Rambo III and Star Trek First Contact End Credits.

Good addition. wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2008
    • CommentAuthorTimmer

kind of what I expect.

That kind of rubbish has been circulating for years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2008 edited
    Listen to a suite of Goldsmith´s newest score right here... wink

http://www.myspace.com/briantylercomposer

God bless Brian, he composed one fine hommage indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2008 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Listen to a suite of Goldsmith´s newest score right here... wink

http://www.myspace.com/briantylercomposer

God bless Brian, he composed one fine hommage indeed.

Is this from the actual tyler score? it seems just " it's a long road" from the first movie inserted with no mercy with tyler stuff and a little bits of Beyond Rangoon.

Wow...No im listening Tyler's versions of "it's a long road"...Wow! He used the theme! wave punk beer

Oh! It sounds great so far!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!

Goldsmith and Stallone are back!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Okay I'm sold!

If this is the only way I'll get some fresh new ( old ) Goldsmith then I'll take it.

The clip sounded good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNunoM
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2008
    When you visit the home page of jerrygoldsmithonline, a track is played when the page is loading.
    Does anyone know the name of that track, or what soundtrack is come from? confused

http://www.jerrygoldsmithonline.com/index.htm
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    C2 Pictures Logo. Basically an extention of his Carolco Logo Music. You can hear that clip and more by going to...

http://www.jerrygoldsmithonline.com/videoclips.htm

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    NunoM wrote
    When you visit the home page of jerrygoldsmithonline, a track is played when the page is loading.
    Does anyone know the name of that track, or what soundtrack is come from? confused

http://www.jerrygoldsmithonline.com/index.htm

I'd try to help if I could hear a track, but the page doesn't make a peep to me.

Peter slant