• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNunoM
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    C2 Pictures Logo. Basically an extention of his Carolco Logo Music. You can hear that clip and more by going to...

http://www.jerrygoldsmithonline.com/videoclips.htm

-Erik-

Thanks Erik.

plindboe wrote
    NunoM wrote
    When you visit the home page of jerrygoldsmithonline, a track is played when the page is loading.
    Does anyone know the name of that track, or what soundtrack is come from? confused

http://www.jerrygoldsmithonline.com/index.htm

I'd try to help if I could hear a track, but the page doesn't make a peep to me.

Peter slant

Yeah, sometimes the track won't load to me either.
    Just do a couple of refresh clicks. That could solve your problem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2008 edited
    Now let the real pain begin. This one will hurt. A lot. I know it hurt me.

1st place: Star Trek - The Motion Picture 3 points
    2nd place: Lionheart 2 points
    3rd place: Rambo - First Blood Part II 1 point

Jerry is the one composer who truly managed to make me cry more than once at many different situations, and my absolute and personal favourite composer from my childhood. I never, ever will forget what he has done for me and my life, and I´m totally happy that he is one of the two composers I had the honour to actually see conduct live.

So, this list was my personal nightmare, much, much more than Williams or Zimmer ever could be for me, and I spent days thinking about it.

Star Trek is an undoubtable must for me. Never thought longer than a second about it, but then the pain began. Lionheart is a score hated by many because of its synth material, but it is amazingly stuffed with different themes and ideas which never ceased to inspire my mind, buirst me up with energy and let my fantasy flow like a river. Rambo, at last, was chosen because it is the greatest full orchestra action feast ever. It still rocks my world. In the end I found I voted for those scores from Jerry that I think I´ve listened to the most during the last 25 years, so my list is, indeed, my very own Top Three. It hurts like hell to leave behind Powder, or The Secret of Nimh, or Total Recall, or Masada... hell this hurts...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2008
    Star Trek: TMP
    Legend
    The Final Conflict
  1. Damn, three of Jerry only? I don't recall voting. Here I go:

1. Capricorn One
    2. Star Trek: First Contact
    3. Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend

We all have our choices.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2008
    1. THE MUMMY
    2. PLANET OF THE APES
    3. FIRST BLOOD

That's right! No STAR TREK score!

Also, if we had been talking music in their films, ALIEN would be a sure-fire number one contestant. But we're not, so there you go.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. This one is a bit tricky: so many grand contenders...

1: The Final Conflict
    2: Star Trek: The Motion Picture
    3: Poltergeist

No Alien, no Tora! Tora! Tora!, no Rambo: First Blood Part II! sad
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2008
    justin boggan wrote

We all have our choices.

We do, but some of us do make strange ones.
  3. Only if you've never heard the score; or only heard it once. Believe me, I gave "First Knight" more than one chance; it just failed miserably.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    justin boggan wrote
    Only if you've never heard the score; or only heard it once. Believe me, I gave "First Knight" more than one chance; it just failed miserably.

I'm afraid I have no idea what you're going on about.
  4. Be thankful.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The very toughest top 3 for me ( yes! even beyond the Barry and Williams top 3 ) crazy

1) STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE

2) THE FINAL CONFLICT

3) THE BLUE MAX

hurt hurt hurt hurt and more hurt sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Grrrrrr, it's hard omitting so many brilliant scores. But I'll go with:

1) Star Trek: TMP
    2) Legend
    3) The Final Conflict
  5. 1. Legend
    2. Papillon
    3. The Great Train Robbery
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    1)Total Recall
    2)Basic Instinct
    3)Secret of Nimh
    •  
      CommentAuthorNunoM
    Very, very difficult to rank a top 3 for Jerry. So many brilliant scores to choose from.
    Here i go:

1. Star Trek: TMP
    2. Under Fire
    3. Alien

But it could be Total Recall, Legend, The Wind And The Lion, The Russia House and many, many others.
    It hurts sad
  6. First update. I expected to see ST:TMP at the top, but the other two leading entries certainly are a surprise to me...

1st place: Star Trek - The Motion Picture 17 points
    2nd place: The Final Conflict / Legend 7 points each

Capricorn One / The Mummy / Total Recall 3 points each
    Baby - Secret of the Lost Legend / Basic Instinct / Lionheart / Papillon / Planet of the Apes / Star Trek - First Contact / Under Fire 2 points each
    Alien / The Blue Max / First Blood / The Great Train Robbery / Poltergeist / Rambo - First Blood Part II / The Secret of Nimh 1 point each
  7. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    First update. I expected to see ST:TMP at the top, but the other two leading entries certainly are a surprise to me...

Goldsmith wrote so many good scores that it may distribute the votes too thinly so that there are a lot of scores getting individual votes from many people?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Goldsmith wrote so many good scores that it may distribute the votes too thinly so that there are a lot of scores getting individual votes from many people?

Totally agree. Goldsmith is probably the most difficult composer when talking about "Top 3". So here I go:

1 - First Knight
    2 - The 13th Warrior
    3 - The Mummy
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    OFF TOPIC: a note for Ralph.
    Ralph, have you thought of creating a topic resuming all the "Top 3´s" we´ve done so far? It´s difficult if one wants to get a list of all the composer´s "top 3´s" you´ve proposed. You have to go deep into the forum to find all the composer´s topics.
    Just asking wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    1.Under fire
    2.Omen 3-The final conflict
    3.The burbs

Peter punk
  8. Marselus wrote
    Ralph, have you thought of creating a topic resuming all the "Top 3´s" we´ve done so far? It´s difficult if one wants to get a list of all the composer´s "top 3´s" you´ve proposed. You have to go deep into the forum to find all the composer´s topics.
    Just asking wink

Yeah, this might be a good idea. I´ll see what I can do over the weekend...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Just asking wink

Yeah, this might be a good idea. I´ll see what I can do over the weekend...

Thanks! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Incredibly difficult to just choose three, but mine would be

1) Total Recall
    2) Lionheart
    3) Planet of the Apes

mc
  9. pff, even harder

1) First Knight
    2) Star Trek: The Motion Picture
    3) The 'Burbs
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    3) The 'Burbs

Glad I'm not the only one who voted for "The 'burbs". beer Comedies so rarely features in these top3 lists; an underappraciated score genre.

Peter punk
  10. plindboe wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    3) The 'Burbs

Glad I'm not the only one who voted for "The 'burbs". beer Comedies so rarely features in these top3 lists; an underappraciated score genre.

Peter punk

Hehe, I'm glad someone else voted for it as well wink
    Its truly a sublime score, the organ is so over the top yet it is simply so fun in the context of the Klopeks, I've enjoyed my ass off when hearing the Deluxe Edition, Goldsmith as his most (comedic) inventive
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  11. From now on, please continue to vote here:

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … ree-scores
  12. Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008
    Yesterday I listened to "The Final Conflict" again. Then I noticed the chants in the second cue "The Ambassador" sounds quite like the chants from "The Plagues" cue from The Prince of Egypt.

Anyone got the same feelings, or is it just me?
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008 edited
    and Supergirl.

sd smile

whoops sorry I wasnt paying attention, I saw Erik saying ST TMP was his greatest work and I added to the comment.
    Goldsmith Rules!!