• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2012
    At this point June 5th is pretty soon yet sooooooooo far away(not to mention the 10-14 day postal wait!)!
  1. 35$...

I'd just love to have it...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. PawelStroinski wrote
    35$...

I'd just love to have it...

$11.66 before shipping per CD. That's a hell of a bargin.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2012
    New from Intrada...

TWO DAYS IN THE VALLEY
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Star Trek: The Motion Picture

All I can say is that the the package must have travelled at something like Warp Factor 9 (well, obviously not really).

My copy has arrived! shocked

Placed the order with SAE on the 5th June.
    Shipping notice on the 7th June.
    Arrived on the 12th June!!

The whole package looks great, including the gorgeous-looking 40-page booklet. So looking forward to listening to this one.

Oh, and by the way, Elmer Bernstein's Amazing Grace and Chuck also arrived. Which, on any other day, would probably have received more attention.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    New from Intrada...

TWO DAYS IN THE VALLEY

I'm sure that at one time a new Goldsmith release meant multiple replies.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. And two more:

Howdy, y’all
    On June 19, 2012 at 1 pm PST La-La Land Records saddles up and heads out West for not one, but TWO Jerry Goldsmith Westerns.

STAGECOACH/THE LONER
    Music by Jerry Goldsmith
    LLLCD 1215
    Limited Edition of 2000 units
    Retail Price: $19.98

Produced by Nick Redman and Mike Matessino
    Mastered by Daniel Hersch at d2 Mastering
    Liner notes by Julie Kirgo
    Art Direction by Jim Titus

The first hombre coming down the trail is the score to the 20th Century Fox’s 1966 remake of STAGECOACH. This rousing adventurous romp was originally released by Film Score Monthly back in 1998, but is now out of print. For this newly remastered and expanded release, Producers Nick Redman and Mike Matessino located the original score elements, including the missing banjo overlay and 10 extra minutes of never-before-released music, and have given new life to one of Jerry’s finest western scores. Detailed liner notes by Julie Kirgo and fantastic art direction by Jim Titus round out this incredible looking package. As an added bonus, two scores from the short lived tv series THE LONER are included in this 56 minute presentation.

RIO LOBO
    Music by Jerry Goldsmith
    LLLCD 1221
    Limited Edition of 3000 units
    Retail Price: $19.98

Produced by Ford A. Thaxton
    Mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland
    Liner notes by Jeff Bond
    Art Direction by Mark Banning

La-La Land Records and CBS are proud to announce the reissue of another classic Goldsmith Western score – RIO LOBO, starring the one and only John Wayne.

About a year ago I was going through my Goldsmith collection and realized I missing Prometheus’ wonderful RIO LOBO release. I immediately jumped online and went to eBay only to discover the cd was going for $60.00! I said, “The hell with that! I’m not paying $60 for a cd. . .but I will pay several thousand to license it again!” (Sometimes, it’s good to own a record company.)

Please note: This is not an exact reissue -- the sound has been improved and tracks have been added/shuffled around. For this release Tracks 1-14 feature the score in mono. Tracks 15-24 features various source cues recorded for the film. Track 25 is an alternate cue and Tracks 26-30 feature the only surviving stereo cues. This 78 minute long presentation contains in depth liner notes by Goldsmith scholar Jeff Bond and eye-popping art direction by Mark Banning that would make the Duke proud.

Both titles go on sale next Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 1 PM PST at

www.lalalandrecords.com

and other fine online retailers
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    New from Intrada...

TWO DAYS IN THE VALLEY

Hadn't even noticed that this one had been released. The theme does sound very appealing though the theme for Dosmo is something that puts me off this one. May pick this one up sometime in the future.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. I'm still not sure about getting Star Trek. The new one will blow away my expectations, but then I'm extremely happy with the 1998 presentation, just seems like a perfect album.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. It is a perfect album. But this new release adds to that and does not replace it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    New from Intrada...

TWO DAYS IN THE VALLEY

It certainly did, in those pre-saturation days.

I've had the bootleg of Two Days in the Valley for years. I'll buy this new one. I remember it being pretty decent. One of the themes got recycled into the main theme in Fierce Creatures, of all things. If memory serves, one or two other bits found their way into LA Confidential.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2012
    DreamTheater wrote
    I'm still not sure about getting Star Trek. The new one will blow away my expectations, but then I'm extremely happy with the 1998 presentation, just seems like a perfect album.

Have you read the other boards where people are telling the "fence sitters" to buy the deluxe edition for many reasons. The main one being the new "stellar" sound mix which brings out details never heard before.
    I'm still waiting for mine to arrive but I know this is the last of my holy grails. Life is complete.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2012 edited
    No I haven't read the other boards but Star Trek was never one of my holy grails. It's an excellent score and I'm glad to have the 2-disc album, but I've never for one second thought while listening to it, that I was missing some crucial music. Not like how it was with Hook or Star Trek 3.

But the clips I've heard are incredible. The clarity has been increased immensely and the blaster beam sounds like it's inside the room. This may very well convince me in the end. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2012
    Go on. Get it. Give in to the "completest" side! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2012
    Apropos of nothing, updated reviews of three Jerry Goldsmith action scores from the 1990s:

Executive Decision
    Chain Reaction
    US Marshals

(Brief summary of the reviews: you don't know what you've got till it's gone.)
  8. I'm surprised you gave US Marshals 4 stars. But yeah, it's fun and at half an hour just the right amount of fun. Only one theme used in every possible way, but even Jerry in auto-pilot mode is way more interesting than ... well I won't get into that again. smile

Executive Decision is a guilty pleasure of mine, mainly because of its highly rhythmic action and suspense cues.

Chain Reaction has maybe the coolest sound effect Jerry has ever incorporated: A bouncing ping pong ball. punk
    • CommentAuthortimme
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2012
    Rumours are that Intrada will be releasing next tuesday a 2CD soundtrack of The Shadow! Let's hope this will be the case. The clue on their website is a hint in this direction.

Second is a 2-CD set featuring the expanded score to a mid-90s adventure. Who knows what these titles are? We know.
  9. cool news, my brother (and of course many many more) will be excited about this release
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2012 edited
    timme wrote
    Rumours are that Intrada will be releasing next tuesday a 2CD soundtrack of The Shadow! Let's hope this will be the case. The clue on their website is a hint in this direction.

Second is a 2-CD set featuring the expanded score to a mid-90s adventure. Who knows what these titles are? We know.

THE PHANTOM? Or was that done by someone else recently. I don't have an overview of these things anymore.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorFrank
    La-La Land is doing The Phantom. It comes out today.
  10. timme wrote

Hey Tim !

Instant buy, this one... One of those 90s Goldsmiths, that is the purest form of fun film music, the way how I like my films scored. Cool themes, his usual electronic trickery, exciting action and that goosebump moment in 'The Hotel'. cool

I hope the Jim Steinman song is included.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    timme wrote

You misread the clues. Here they are again.

Two Special Collection titles. One is early 80s sci-fi/horror score that was rejected. Second is a 2-CD set featuring the expanded score to a mid-90s adventure. Who knows what these titles are? We know.

The 2-CD set is The Shadow. The other release will be Craig Safan's rejected score to Wolfen.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  11. No if you read it he clearly refers to the second as the 2-CD set which he hopes will be The Shadow.

He wasn't referring to the first release by Safan.

Timme is a true Goldsmith nut after all. wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Oh, I see what he did. What a poorly structured post. It even screwed up Thor. dizzy

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  12. I know what you're saying... I had to read it a second time too.

Anyway, I'm guessing disc 1 will be the expanded score, and disc 2 the original album presentation + alternates, as seems to be case with most re-releases.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2012
  13. Over 80 minutes of Goldsmith goodness? cheesy

This is ordered in a nano-second!
  14. Southall wrote
    It is The Shadow, for an outrageous price of $30

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7684/.f

the score is good, but I find 30 a bit too much
    I think Intrada knows this will sell out quickly at no matter which price
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'll have to dig out THE SHADOW and give it another listen, it's been a long time and I do like the score, it won't make me buy this new addition though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote
    It is The Shadow, for an outrageous price of $30

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7684/.f

the score is good, but I find 30 a bit too much
    I think Intrada knows this will sell out quickly at no matter which price

Intrada's CDs aren't technically limited editions any more. If the demand is there the album stays in print!

-Erik-