• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote
    It is The Shadow, for an outrageous price of $30

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7684/.f

the score is good, but I find 30 a bit too much
    I think Intrada knows this will sell out quickly at no matter which price

Intrada's CDs aren't technically limited editions any more. If the demand is there the album stays in print!

-Erik-

good for those who want them badly then
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. The clips do sound as though The Shadow could be a worthwhile Goldsmith score.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2012
    I really like the score, and I seem to remember the mastering being a little sub-par (the sound being rather muffled). Haven't listened to this in yonks, though, so I'll give the CD another spin to see if it's worth repurchasing (if cleaned up).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2012
    I'm on the fence with this one. I just forked out a pretty penny for Batman: The Animated Series Vol 2.
    I might get it later perhaps.
  3. FalkirkBairn wrote
    The clips do sound as though The Shadow could be a worthwhile Goldsmith score.

it is a very good score, especially considering several tracks that were omitted are now added, it will probably make this a great score
  4. FalkirkBairn wrote

The theme from the Shadow is quite good, but that's about all the album has that I enjoyed (if memory serves), and it seems like the theme pops up a lot.
  5. christopher wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

The theme from the Shadow is quite good, but that's about all the album has that I enjoyed (if memory serves), and it seems like the theme pops up a lot.

the action music is terrific too (typical Goldsmith), the love theme is irresistible as well and the new cue Mirrors will end this score with a bang (like it did with the scene), I always considered it to be good and not great simply for the fact so much was missing. I have a feeling many will enjoy it so much more now
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2012 edited
    Guys take it from me, The Shadow is fun, Goldsmith fun from the 90s. The themes are great, the action music is great, I'm sure some of the new cues will be great too. A couple of years ago I made a 60 minute expansion of The Shadow and it's a great listen. Don't know if it'll hold up at 80 minutes, but my guess is... YEAH !!!! smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2012
    Well, I've caved and ordered The Shadow. I'm sure I'll like it. It's Goldsmith!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2012 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    Hello to everyone! For we don't know me Goldsmith is my favourite Composer!

Here is my top Goldsmith List:

1-Total Recall.
    2-First Knight
    3-Basic Instinct.
    4-Secret of Nimh
    5-Star trek
    6-ghost And the Darkness
    7-Rambo
    8-Mulan
    9-Medicine Man
    10-The Mummy
    11-The omen
    12-King Solomon's Mines
    13-13 Warrior
    14-Alien
    15-The Burbs

Just wondering if Jerry Goldsmith is still Jordi's favourite composer? The above is from 2007 wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2012
    Timmer wrote
    Just wondering if Jerry Goldsmith is still Jordi's favourite composer? The above is from 2007 wink

I believe Goldsmith still is his fav composer.

2007.....? Geez, we are getting old.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2012
    Not so old that we can't still...

bhangra
    bhangra

wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    And apparently we have developed some kind of telepathy! wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    OOOOoooooo dizzy ooooooOOOO
  6. DreamTheater wrote
    Guys take it from me, The Shadow is fun, Goldsmith fun from the 90s. The themes are great, the action music is great, I'm sure some of the new cues will be great too. A couple of years ago I made a 60 minute expansion of The Shadow and it's a great listen. Don't know if it'll hold up at 80 minutes, but my guess is... YEAH !!!! smile

It isn't my guess anymore, more of a fact: The Shadow expanded holds up at 80 minutes, and boy is it a bag of fun. Some of the new cues are just as good as what's on the original album. The Mirrors (and the alternate which immediatly follows) are rollicking Goldsmith awesomeness !!! beer

This has been worth its steep price for sure.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. yeah, looking forward to that Mirrors cue (and of course the entire album)

I'm sure it will be a blast smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2012
    I think the problem with Hans Zimmer is that he isn't as good a composer or dramatist as Jerry Goldsmith.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Or James Horner.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    James Horner.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    James Horner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Da da da dahhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    James Horner
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    DA DA DA DAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    James Horner
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    DA DA DA DAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH (major key)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    James Horner
  8. Bringing the topic back on-topic (sorry!), but I think that Goldsmith has been the most versatile composer, living or dead.

Discuss.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'd agree that he's/was the most versatile film composer, he was arguably the greatest film composer of them all.
  9. Timmer wrote
    I'd agree that he's/was the most versatile film composer, he was arguably the greatest film composer of them all.

I agree Tim. Taken as a whole I would argue Goldsmith as the greatest film composer.
  10. Even though Horner and Williams have both given me scores that continue to move me after countless listens and I love them both over Jerry for that, I have to say Jerry is the one I keep coming back to, I keep putting on his music the most often, and he continues to be the one that makes me smile big for all the wonderfully zany and inspired moments he has given me in many of his 80s and 90s output. His big adventure scores, his comedy scores, the countless brilliant themes. He was and still is the man and I will love his music forever. smile