• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008
    1-Total Recall
    2-Basic Instinct
    3-Secret of Nimh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2008 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    1)Total Recall
    2)Basic Instinct
    3)Secret of Nimh

Didn't you already say it HERE!

Just go back to Jan 25th on the previous page
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    The very toughest top 3 for me ( yes! even beyond the Barry and Williams top 3 ) crazy

1) STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE

2) THE FINAL CONFLICT

3) THE BLUE MAX

hurt hurt hurt hurt and more hurt sad

Much easier to quote yourself Jordi!

See!! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2008
    An extremely surprising release... Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.5 … egory=-101

Surprising, since it's a Disney film. Intrada seems to have penetrated the impenetrable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    shocked

*rubs his eyes and pinches to make sure he isn't dreaming*

No, I'm not! This is unbelievable!

You know what, this makes me slightly get my hopes up of having a score release of The Lion King too one day! biggrin *touch wood*
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

Surprising, since it's a Disney film. Intrada seems to have penetrated the impenetrable.

I am surprised! spin

They shoud have given Barry's The Black Hole to Intrada.

I wonder if Disney will ever give up stuff like Mancini's Condorman or Goodwin's One Of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Or Horner's The Journey Of Natty Ghan?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Atham wrote
    Or Horner's The Journey Of Natty Ghan?

Absolutely! A very fine score it is too.

I'm sure there's lots more?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2008 edited
    Well, for me (and many others, I hope) it should be The Lion King to begin with. I know I'm addicted to this score, but I can't help it! spin

Alan Menken's wonderful classic works also deserve expanded releases. But then, I guess that's too much to expect tongue

Though you can't say "never" wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Well, for me (and many others, I hope) it should be The Lion King to begin with. I know I'm addicted to this score, but I can't help it! spin

Alan Menken's wonderful classic works also deserve expanded releases. But then, I guess that's too much to expect tongue

For me those mean nothing but if it meant opening the Disney floodgate of scores then I'm all for that.

I hope your wish comes true Ravi smile
  1. Southall wrote

I'm buying it, I pointed out in my review that improved sound would make it a much more enjoyable album, now I wanna test if that's true wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote

For me those mean nothing but if it meant opening the Disney floodgate of scores then I'm all for that.

I hope your wish comes true Ravi smile

Amen biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm highly doubtful that this will lead to any release by Intrada of music for Disney animations, especially one as moneyspinning as The Lion King (those of us of a certain vintage will hold out more hope for The Black Cauldron). My guess is that if it leads to anything, it'll be for music from live action films from studios now owned by Disney.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2008
    It's always good to be a bit optimistic anyway smile
  2. Southall wrote

are you kidding me? Already sold out? shocked
    pfff, you aren't home one day and boom there goes your shot
    Damn it, I wanted to buy this one angry
  3. Tommy_Boy wrote
    Southall wrote

It's still available from other retailers: http://www.soundtrackcorner.de/Baby-Sec … p2628/.htm
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2008
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Southall wrote

This is the problem with the modern way of releasing film scores - you get one chance and that's it. It's very unfortunate. I thought the 3,000-edition thing was tied in to some union rules about cheaper reuse payments, which doesn't apply any more - so I think it's now just a marketing gimmick (which works, evidently - though I may be misremembering). A shame.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2008
    So much for labels complaining on low film score cd sale figures wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Antineutrino wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Southall wrote

It's still available from other retailers: http://www.soundtrackcorner.de/Baby-Sec … p2628/.htm

Hey thanks a lot for the link, already ordered my copy.
    So it seems I may deal in the pleasure to hear Baby after all, thanks to you bud wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2008
    I ordered mine through BuySoundtrax.

Not sure I wanted to buy from them again after the last fiasco but my hand was forced as I really, really want Baby!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Atham wrote

confused

Why would you do that when you could order it directly from the label releasing the disc who have an impeccable delivery system. Now, unless you ordered yours from Buysoundtrax AFTER it went out of print... fine... but if not...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I ordered mine from Intrada BEFORE it had been announced. But my credit card company thought it was a suspicious transaction... so they declined it... and then didn't tell me until AFTER the first batch of 2,000 had all gone. So now I must wait for weeks till I get it even though I must have been in the first handful of people to order.

Ah, the tortured life of a soundtrack collector!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Erik Woods wrote
    Atham wrote

confused

Why would you do that when you could order it directly from the label releasing the disc who have an impeccable delivery system. Now, unless you ordered yours from Buysoundtrax AFTER it went out of print... fine... but if not...

-Erik-

Indeed I ordered after Intrada sold out. That was my "forced hand".
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2008 edited
    Atham wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Atham wrote

confused

-Erik-

Ah... did SAE have any copies left?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. Southall wrote
    I ordered mine from Intrada BEFORE it had been announced. But my credit card company thought it was a suspicious transaction... so they declined it... and then didn't tell me until AFTER the first batch of 2,000 had all gone. So now I must wait for weeks till I get it even though I must have been in the first handful of people to order.

Ah, the tortured life of a soundtrack collector!

wow that's even worse than my story, hope you get yours James
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I have over fifty orders from Intrada in my order history at their site, and I'm sure there are plenty more from before they moved to the current software, too. And this is the first time it appeared to be "suspicious"!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    Atham wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Atham wrote

confused

-Erik-

Ah... did SAE have any copies left?

-Erik-

Sadly I didn't try them!
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2008
    Yesterday SAE sold out their collection of Baby too. I've listened to the soundtrack clips of the score and while it's a good score, I never expected the response to be this intense.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  6. Is there any place else selling it? While I was told I made it jsut in time with my payment, I really, really REALLY want to make sure. I won a Varese "Predator" off eBay one time from BuySoundtrax, sent my money and then was told they didn't have it after all (they indly refunded and sent me something extra).

I DO NOT want to miss out on this. Please tell me someone else has it?

And if I end up getting two, well ... I'll have an extra playing card for one day getting a sealed "Predator" from someone.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  7. Yes, yes, YEEESSS!!! One BABY presetn and acounted for. Don't touch it. Don't even look at it. It's not yours, it's mine. Don't even try you sons of bia'tches. tongue
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.