• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2013 edited
    er, wrong thread....
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2013
    Great to see that you like JP too, Steven. We have SOME common ground. smile

I adore all of them and could live in the JP universe for the rest of my life.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2013 edited
    I think the JP universe is indeed fascinating. Human-created genetically-modified dinosaurs on their own island, now abandoned? It's the stuff of dreams. (Literally - I've often had dreams of myself on one of the islands!)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2013
    Steven wrote
    ...that he likes them? uhm

No, that Thor would still love them if was nothing to do with Dinosaurs dizzy

I guess you didn't read much of that post?

Sorry Thunderer but I still can't get my head around your idea that without Dinosaurs but replaced with some other menace these films would still float your boat.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. JP:

I LOVE the first film! Quintessential Spielberg.

And I like the third film better than the second.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    ...that he likes them? uhm

No, that Thor would still love them if was nothing to do with Dinosaurs dizzy

I guess you didn't read much of that post?

Sorry Thunderer but I still can't get my head around your idea that without Dinosaurs but replaced with some other menace these films would still float your boat.

Ah, that. Yeah, it has to do with a certain approach to filmmaking rather than the actual creatures in it. Never been much of a dinosaur buff.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    dino

---

----

cry
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. dino

This emoticon looks like Nessie. smile

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    What about replacing that emoticon with this one?

Or something more monumental, like this?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    What about replacing that emoticon with this one?

Or something more monumental, like this?

It won't let me see the first one?

The second one is more like it though without the knock-knees please.
  3. Timmer wrote
    I see from the FSM board that Kritzerland will be releasing a complete and remastered POLTERGEIST II : THE OTHER SIDE

Interesting how there was little response to this new release here as well as over at Filmtracks whereas the good people at the FSM board went bananas about it.
    Must be something to the alleged "Cult of Jerry" going on there. wink

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2013
    Captain Future wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I see from the FSM board that Kritzerland will be releasing a complete and remastered POLTERGEIST II : THE OTHER SIDE

Interesting how there was little response to this new release here as well as over at Filmtracks whereas the good people at the FSM board went bananas about it.
    Must be something to the alleged "Cult of Jerry" going on there. wink

Volker

Most definitely, yes.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2013
    Jerry is the # 1 cult legend at FSM.
  4. I think that, perhaps, most people who have Poltergeist II are happy with what's been released already?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. As I am.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2013
    Timmer wrote
    Jerry is the # 1 cult legend at FSM.

I'm a "cultist" in this case for sure!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2013
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2013
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Great reviews James and I didn't know about the hairstyle credit biggrin ( mostly, I suspect, because I haven't seen the film )
  6. Southall wrote
    Star Trek: Insurrection review:

http://www.movie-wave.net/?p=3970

Well in my books it's 4 1/2 rather than 3 1/2. But I still have to listen to the complete score. The CD will arrive here in the course of the week ahead.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2013 edited
    Southall wrote
    Review of another underrated Goldsmith gem, Leviathan:

http://www.movie-wave.net/leviathan/

Great score, horrible movie. As is the Goldsmith way I guess. The opening track is so beautiful that when I visited the Monterey Bay aquarium it kept popping up in my head, I knew then that I would use it in my video montage of fish tank footage. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2013 edited
    I thought of Star Trek when I went to the aquarium.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2013
    A new JG from Intrada...

SEBASTIAN

I've always liked this one a lot and this is a definite buy for me. Those who don't like his FLINT scores should probably avoid.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2013 edited
    Now THIS is an EXCELLENT RELEASE! I'll be getting me this for Crimbo.

Order now and shipping starts the week of December 16th.

QB VII (2CD / complete) by Jerry Goldsmith

Tadlow Music and Prometheus Records proudly announce the next volume in their series of re-recorded classic scores by legendary composer Jerry Goldsmith. QB VII (1974), based on the bestseller of the same name by Leon Uris, was a fictionalized account of the author’s experience when he was sued for libel over a statement he made in his earlier novel Exodus. The award-winning miniseries (the first of its kind made by an American television network) starred Ben Gazzara, Anthony Hopkins, Leslie Caron, Dan O’Herlihy, Anthony Quayle, Robert Stephens, Lee Remick, Juliet Mills, Anthony Andrews, Jack Hawkins and John Gielgud.

Goldsmith’s score is both epic and intimate, with multiple themes representing the story’s diverse characters and settings. It features two love themes, a memorable mixed-meter fanfare, contrasting motifs for the story’s two antagonists, and colorful passages for scenes set in Kuwait. Most remarkable, however, is the overwhelmingly haunting music for choir and orchestra Goldsmith composed to represent the horrors of the Holocaust. The score culminates in the choral/orchestral “A Kaddish for the Six Million” – a lament for the victims of the Holocaust that might well be the most emotional piece Goldsmith ever wrote.

Previously represented only by a disc of highlights conducted by the composer (and a short suite released on Tadlow Records), QB VII appears here in all its glory – nearly 95 minutes of unforgettable Goldsmith. Reconstructed and orchestrated by Aaron Purvis, the complete score is gloriously performed by the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra and Chorus (165 musicians in all) under the experienced and expressive baton of Maestro Nic Raine. Produced by James Fitzpatrick for Luc Van de Ven’s Prometheus Records, QB VII includes a 16-page booklet with informative notes by Fitzpatrick and Frank K. DeWald.

DISC ONE
    1. QB VII – MAIN TITLE PART 1 1:55
    2. ESCAPE 2:10
    3. A NEW LIFE 4:07
    4. POLAND 1:55
    5. ID PARADE 1:29
    6. KELNO AT HOME 0:33
    7. JOURNEY INTO THE DESERT 2:46
    8. VISIT TO THE SHEIK 3:42
    9. A NIGHT IN THE DESERT / STAY OUT OF THE DESERT 3:57
    10. SIR ADAM KELNO 3:03
    11. ABE CADY 0:40
    12. I CANNOT SEE MY LOVE 4:36
    13. HOLLYWOOD 2:46
    14. BREAKING UP 4:59
    15. PAPA’S BURIAL 2:13
    16. THE WAILING WALL 3:23
    17. THE HOLOCAUST 3:42
    18. THEME FROM QB VII – A KADDISH FOR THE SIX MILLION 2:38
    TT: 50:39

DISC TWO
    1. QB VII – MAIN TITLE PART 2 1:55
    2. REKINDLING THE FLAME OF JEHOVAH 2:25
    3. SUING CADY 3:20
    4. I’M YOUR ATTORNEY, NOT YOUR CONFESSOR 1:15
    5. FREE TO LOVE AGAIN 2:59
    6. THE CHAGALL WINDOWS 3:32
    7. THE COURTROOM / OXFORD 1:44
    8. RETURN TO THE COURTROOM / FATHER & SON 2:09
    9. THE WITNESSES 4:16
    10. GUSTAV TUKLA /TESSLER IS DEAD 5:23
    11. JADWIGA RELIVED 4:35
    12. THE MEDICAL JOURNAL / KELNO RECALLED 2:25
    13. A SORROW OF TWO FATHERS 2:15
    14. CADY’S SPEECH 3:05
    15. THEME FROM QB VII – A KADDISH FOR THE SIX MILLION 2:35
    TT: 43:57

http://www.tadlowmusic.com/home/
  7. I wonder if the QB VII suite featured on their Exodus release came from?

I've only listened to the suite once (when I received the Exodus discs) and I've never felt the urge to listen to it again. One of these rare Goldsmith scores that doesn't do anything for me.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2013
    The finale really is a stirring, stunning piece of music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    yeah
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I too have an interest.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!