• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Timmer wrote

Thor, The Blue Max is a great film, well worth your time and if that isn't enough Ursula Andress gets her fun bags out for the lads too*. lick cool

I'm sure you meant Ursula Undress? cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010
    Steven wrote
    And contrary to what a certain Greek might think, I'm just as passionate about the 'calm' stuff too.

You don't try hard to bring that point along, don't blame me wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010
    I like Islands in the Stream so I'll get it but I can afford to wait for a while (5000 copies).

I already have The Blue Max but this looks like a must buy at least for better sound quality.

Is there anything else that's a must buy from the recent releases (not just JG)?
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Just to balance things out, I don't listen to my Legacy CD very much and don't feel the need to upgrade.

The improved sound quality might change your mind. I can't wait to "hear" this version.

-Erik-

true, while I have the old release, the sound isn't really brilliant. If this sound is anything is anything they describe it to be, The Blue Max is a classic score to have, luckily my brother is buying it smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Just to balance things out, I don't listen to my Legacy CD very much and don't feel the need to upgrade.

The improved sound quality might change your mind. I can't wait to "hear" this version.

-Erik-

true, while I have the old release, the sound isn't really brilliant. If this sound is anything is anything they describe it to be, The Blue Max is a classic score to have, luckily my brother is buying it smile

Indeed I have buddy. And you know what I'm sure I'll enjoy this one infinitely more than the one time I've heard your copy. I must've been delirious for not liking it that time. shame

BTW I've added Clint Mansell's Sahara to my order, I knew you wanted it. wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2010
    How bloody lucky are you guys, share the costs between you. Or do you guys have your own collection and there's a lot of doubles in the family?
    I'm lucky if I can have my sister buy the latest Potter scores, so there's money saved on Hooper! smile
  3. The Hannity show is playing a cue from "Rudy" on the Republican victory for their opening. Very, very cool!

Sounds like it a couple cues edited together, with mainly the final cue (not countng the end credits) being used.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. fommes wrote
    How bloody lucky are you guys, share the costs between you. Or do you guys have your own collection and there's a lot of doubles in the family?
    I'm lucky if I can have my sister buy the latest Potter scores, so there's money saved on Hooper! smile

let's just say, if I don't have it (concerning the mainstream composers), there's a fair chance my brother has it.
    So it is indeed cool to split the costs

what are the odds, two geeky filmmusic fans in the same family smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    And contrary to what a certain Greek might think, I'm just as passionate about the 'calm' stuff too.

Exactly, because I never post a positive opinion unless it has something to do with loud brassy film music! Why would anyone want to listen to anything else!?
  5. The Blue Max

World premiere of complete Jerry Goldsmith masterpiece! Special Collection release limited to 2500 copies! SOLD OUT!

what a shock smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That doesn't surprise me, I'm glad I ordered a copy, such a great score deserves to be heard in the best representation possible.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

Exactly, because I never post a positive opinion unless it has something to do with loud brassy film music! Why would anyone want to listen to anything else!?

Exactly.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sincerely?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Timmer wrote
    That doesn't surprise me, I'm glad I ordered a copy, such a great score deserves to be heard in the best representation possible.

Now I feel even more lucky I got it in time. Man some of these releases go fast !!
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010
    Maybe I'll go for The Blue Max. Long time since I bought something by Goldsmith. Hm. Yes. Buy this, I will. smile
    - What matters is the music -
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    Hm. Looks like the last copy of The Blue Max actually went from SAE just seconds before I were about to put it in my cart... the link is suddenly unclickable. Ah well. It happens. (strangely, the last copies of limited releases have many times had a tendency to go just moments before I finally decide that I want to get them. Seems like I need to stop thinking and just buy everything. But then of course I will have to sell all my other possessions. Not good. Hm.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Manwe wrote
    Hm. Looks like the last copy of The Blue Max actually went from SAE just seconds before I were about to put it in my cart... the link is suddenly unclickable. Ah well. It happens. (strangely, the last copies of limited releases have many times had a tendency to go just moments before I finally decide that I want to get them. Seems like I need to stop thinking and just buy everything. But then of course I will have to sell all my other possessions. Not good. Hm.)

Try MovieMusic.com? Peter K's site often has releases in stock after others have sold out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2010
    I tried and it looked like it was available, but it seems like it after all is out of stock. Seems BTW to be the case with a lot of releases on moviemusic.com, many things are listed that when added to cart turns out to be unavailable. Strange.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Strange indeed, i don't remember Peter Kelly doing such tricks in the past.
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    Strange and frankly a bit annoying. I found three more limited release CDs listed as available which turned out to be unavailable. Annoying. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Peter not on top of his game? confused
    • CommentAuthorFrank
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2010 edited
    Lukas Kendall has revealed on the FSM message board that they will release a 2 CD-set of Poltergeist later this year. Mike Matessino is going back to the source elements to improve upon the Rhino edition and also add a second disc of alternates and the LP program.
  7. Frank wrote
    Lukas Kendall has revealed on the FSM message board that they will release a 2 CD-set of Poltergeist later this year. Mike Matessino is going back to the source elements to improve upon the Rhino edition and also add a second disc of alternates and the LP program.

ow, this sounds like another quickly sold out release punk
    excellent
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    WOW! Haha, of course, that just HAD to happen. Y'see, last year I finally bought the 1-disc release, thinking there'd never be a new release, since it had already gotten a remastered version.

I wonder if I now need to buy the commercial soundtrack of Gremlins for that to get a new release...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Frank wrote

Meh...not for me. I even sold my ol' Rhino disc not too long ago. Don't like that score.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    And there you were just recently wondering how people couldn't like Edward Scissorhands!?

You never cease to amaze me. Truly. shocked

Although I'm perfectly happy with the Rhino disc. I have little need for a 2 CD set.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    And there you were just recently wondering how people couldn't like Edward Scissorhands!?

You never cease to amaze me. Truly. shocked

Although I'm perfectly happy with the Rhino disc. I have little need for a 2 CD set.

Well, I don't really like horror scores in the first place.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Poltergeist is so much more than a simple horror score. It's more of a family adventure score under the guise of a horror score. So although it's still part of the horror genre, there's a lot more to enjoy than just "scary music" (Carol Anne's theme, for example).

I really am shocked, this is a great example of Goldsmith at the pinnacle of his career. It's a classic. Still, if you don't enjoy, that's fair enough I guess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You can't not enjoy Goldsmith's horror scores, esp. Poltergeist and the Omen trilogy, it's all brilliant film music.

On the other hand, you like Edward Scissorhands. And The Kingdom, if i recall correctly. wink tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    Poltergeist is so much more than a simple horror score. It's more of a family adventure score under the guise of a horror score. So although it's still part of the horror genre, there's a lot more to enjoy than just "scary music" (Carol Anne's theme, for example).

I really am shocked, this is a great example of Goldsmith at the pinnacle of his career. It's a classic. Still, if you don't enjoy, that's fair enough I guess.

Yes, "Carol Anne's Theme" is pretty nice, but that was basically the only thing I liked about it. I gave it a lot of chances, though. It was just too....dare I say it, bombastic for me.

I like THE OMEN, though.
    I am extremely serious.