• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2013
    Believe me, I wouldn't post it unless it was true.
  1. Southall wrote
    Believe me, I wouldn't post it unless it was true.

Neither would (Her Majesty) Justin. wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. justin boggan wrote
    Here's a suite of the score for those unfamiliar:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiQWpSsHkG8

I was unfamiliar with this score. The suite lasted less than 30 seconds.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. FalkirkBairn wrote
    justin boggan wrote

That's a failure of your browser; I just checked and it all plays fine.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. justin boggan wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    justin boggan wrote

That's a failure of your browser; I just checked and it all plays fine.

biggrin
  5. Just bow to me already. I'm the Queen of England now, so I hear.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2013 edited
    Southall wrote
    Intrada's about to release his rejected score to Gladiator, which is pretty rubbish if I remember correctly but obviously I'll buy it anyway just in case it isn't.

As CONFIRMED by the esteemed Mr Southall...

GLADIATOR
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ouch!!! lol
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. justin boggan wrote
    Just bow to me already. I'm the Queen of England now, so I hear.

Just bow to me already. I'm the Queer of England now, so I hear.

A minor adjustment. tongue

V.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  7. Well, that means I'm still a man. Unfortunately for you, it now means you're an old lady with sagging boobies.

Yeah, I'll take this minor adjustment. That's the ticket!

Timmer:
    As CONFIRMED by the esteemed Mr Southall...

GLADIATOR

It's fantastic we got the Cd, but his post as worded, was not confirmation. Unless we're all pyschic and cna read his mind, there was nothing there to indicate affrimed kowledge.

Now, had it read something along the lines of:

"Inside sources have confirmed to me" or "I can confirm that Intrada is about to release", but even then we have to rely on somebody involved with the project, even Roger himself, had not only disclosed in advance but given permission to "confirm" it almost two hours prior to the item in question going up for sale.

So... tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I can confirm that Southall's initial confirmation is indeed confirmed. (I have inside sources, so it's legit.)
  8. I can confirm Captain Future is the Queen of England.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2013 edited
    Well he is German, so he's on the right track.
  9. Will a kazoo do as his scepter?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    justin boggan wrote
    It's fantastic we got the Cd, but his post as worded, was not confirmation. Unless we're all pyschic and cna read his mind, there was nothing there to indicate affrimed kowledge.

I can't believe I'm still engaging in this discussion - and, really, it doesn't matter - but can you tell me exactly which part of "Intrada's about to release his rejected score to Gladiator" is equivocal?
  10. The part where it lacks any confirmation. You cite no evidence to back up the claim. We just have to assume, short of reading your mind, you are correct and have confirmation. The statement alone as worded does not provide that.

It would have been over had Timmer not brought it back up again. After you, I blame him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2013
    James Horner.
    I am extremely serious.
  11. If I asked "What's your source" on James horner, considering his repeated lifting from him body of work, do I create a temporal paradox where we collided, exploded, and keep repeating the same loop over, and over again, with the four-note Danger Motif?

Only Data can get us out of that.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2013
    Steven wrote

applause
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  12. Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

applause

No connection to Hannover though, but I'll take the job anyway. biggrin
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2013
    New from Intrada...

SHOCK TREATMENT / FATE IS THE HUNTER
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    New from Intrada...

Nice! Not for me, I think, but I love premiere releases instead of the thousandth expansion.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    New from Intrada...

Nice! Not for me, I think, but I love premiere releases instead of the thousandth expansion.

Same here. 20 years ago I'd have snapped this up like I snapped everything Goldsmith up which left me with a proportion of soundtracks I never played again. I liked the clips but it's just not something I would play often.

p.s. 'Nelson's Escape' really points the way to his Planet of The Apes sound.
  13. I'd love to get Shock Treatment, with the expanded treatment and the stereo sound, but I already have a significant suite of tracks from the Jerry Goldsmith box from a number of years back and that will just have to do me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cripes! That shows how long it's been since I listened to the Goldsmith box, I completely forgot there was a suite of tracks from that score contained in it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Coming Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 1 pm pst

THE CHALLENGE
    MUSIC BY JERRY GOLDSMITH
    LLLCD 1248
    LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS
    RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

Produced by MV Gerhard
    Mastered by James Nelson
    Liner Notes by Jeff Bond
    Art Direction by Mark Banning

We are very excited to be re-releasing one of Mr Goldsmith’s coolest action scores of all time to the John Frankenheimer directed thriller THE CHALLENGE (aka SWORD OF THE NINJA; aka THE EQUALS). This 1982 modern day samurai yarn was scored in arguably Jerry Goldsmith’s greatest and most diverse years as a composer (other scores in 1982 include First Blood, Poltergeist, Secret of NIHM and Inchon). This newly remastered edition features new liner notes by Jeff Bond (celebrating his 50th Jerry Goldsmith project as a writer) and incredible artwork by Mark Banning. As an added bonus we have corrected the finale and replaced it with the proper take (the bonus track includes the other take released on the previous version).
    (Please note that it was Mr. Goldsmith himself that wanted the incorrect (and his preferred) take to be included on the Prometheus release and was no fault of the label.)
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm happy with the old Prometheus release, besides, I never play the score much anyway*.

*time for a re-spin I guess?
  14. I never liked The Challenge, but I think it is time now to give this one another try.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  15. Wrong Sword is a *fantastic* cue, but not sure if I want to own this one in particular.

Now, if it was Mulan... Or The Ghost and the Darkness...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Wrong Sword is a *fantastic* cue, but not sure if I want to own this one in particular.

Now, if it was Mulan... Or The Ghost and the Darkness...

The day can not come sooner on the latter. smile