• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2008 edited
    This game has finished!

The next game can be found here: http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … es-part-2/

10 people took part in this game!!

Coming every week, a new ''Do you know...'' quiz. Kinda like guess the score but more focused on a specific style of music (in this case, Media Ventures music), simply PM me your score guesses (no need to name the track or composer).

The points system is simple - 1 point per correct score, with the possibility of earning 3 points for the last track as it's played backwards. PM me your answers before Sunday evening as I'll be announcing the winner then. wink

Feel free to send in guesses periodically (or all in one go if you want, it's up to you!). To avoid discouraging people from playing (e.g. if someone has a really high score and people don't think they can beat it), I won't post the results up until Sunday. I will however PM you back on which scores you've guessed correctly so you can cross them off the list!

And a massive thank you to HybridSoldier for helping me out with this one!

The final scores are:

Marselus - 10/18
    lp - 9/18
    Bregt - 8/18
    Scribe - 8/18
    Thomas - 8/18
    Tommy_Boy - 7/18
    Bregje - 5/18
    timme - 5/18
    Christodoulides - 4/18
    Antineutrino - 2/18

Congratulations to all of you who correctly guessed the cues! wink

The answers are:

01. Twister - Mark Mancina www.johnpowellcomposer.com/doyouknowmed … res/01.MP3
    02. The Replacement Killers - Harry Gregson-Williams - www.johnpowellcomposer.com/doyouknowmed … res/02.MP3
    03. Invincible - Hans Zimmer - www.johnpowellcomposer.com/doyouknowmed … res/03.MP3
    04. I Am Sam - John Powell - www.johnpowellcomposer.com/doyouknowmed … res/04.MP3
    05. Earthsea - Jeff Rona - www.johnpowellcomposer.com/doyouknowmed … res/05.MP3
    06. Steamboy - Steve Jablonsky - www.johnpowellcomposer.com/doyouknowmed … res/06.MP3
    07. Rescue Dawn - Klaus Badelt - www.johnpowellcomposer.com/doyouknowmed … res/07.MP3
    08. Sinbad - Harry Gregson-Williams - www.johnpowellcomposer.com/doyouknowmed … res/08.MP3
    09. Face/Off - John Powell - www.johnpowellcomposer.com/doyouknowmed … res/09.MP3
    10. Beat The Drum - Klaus Badelt & Ramin Djawadi - www.johnpowellcomposer.com/doyouknowmed … res/10.MP3
    11. Blood + - Mark Mancina - www.johnpowellcomposer.com/doyouknowmed … res/11.MP3
    12. Disturbia - Geoff Zanelli - www.johnpowellcomposer.com/doyouknowmed … res/12.MP3
    13. An Everlasting Peace - Hans Zimmer - www.johnpowellcomposer.com/doyouknowmed … res/13.MP3
    14. Laura's Star - Nick Glennie-Smith - www.johnpowellcomposer.com/doyouknowmed … res/14.MP3
    15. The Promsie - Klaus Badelt - www.johnpowellcomposer.com/doyouknowmed … res/15.MP3
    16. Highlander Endgame - Nick Glennie-Smith - www.johnpowellcomposer.com/doyouknowmed … res/16.MP3 (played backwards!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2008
    Whos Hybrid Soldier???
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    You clearly never visit the H-Z.com boards. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    This game is a little too frustrating for my liking dizzy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Exactly why I needed help on deciding what clips to use. I expect the full attention of Nautilus this time however. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Technically some of these are Remote Control scores... wink
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ok, what the hell are they called now? Was it MV and is now RC or the other way around?! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    They used to be MV and now they're RC.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Remote Control is their name now.

Question: does JOHN POWELL count as an RC?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yes. All scores included are from the time when composers were part of MV.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2008 edited
    No cheating on number 16 by ''un-reversing'' it, or you'll force me to make it even harder. tongue
  1. There'd be something quite satisfying about being the loser of this game... I never score that well when MV-RC clips come up in the games. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2008
    Neither do I - it still sounds all the same to me. Even when I'm listening to the clips I can't remember what they all are. I actually have the answers written down and when people send in their guesses I have to check it against them. It's way more time consuming than the action game. tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2008 edited
    Oh, and because people are being picky ''Media Ventures'' also refers to ''Remote Control''. For composers who are no longer part of the group, any scores by them will be from when they WERE MV/RC wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2008
    We're getting a whole range of guesses in! Seriously, if you've only submitted a few, have another go, as this one is going to be very close! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008
    Hey Anthony, that's some fine music in those clips. Unfortunately, I didn't recognize a single one of them (except maybe one). May have something to do with the oft-repeated fact that I phased out of new composers 7-8 years ago and focussed almost exclusively on my three favourite composers (Williams, Elfman, Goldenthal) in terms of soundtrack purchasing. And I assume most of these are from after that.

In any case, whazzap with the double gaming here?!?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Double gaming?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, two guessing games at once.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008 edited
    As plindboe said last time:

plindboe wrote
    The more games the better.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    OOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOOO this one is interesting! The scores are INSANLEY close at the moment. Only 2 points are seperating the first, second and third positions! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nice! A very competitive game then punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Think about it though, what if you're in that top 3 and only 1 point could take you to victory? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I´m still trying to find out 2 clips that I know but don´t come to my mind! Damn! crazy crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Any chance of an actual list of the points?
    Isn't muc fun when not knowing who's competin you at the top. smile

And be sure to post them in a new post, makes the progress visible through the topic. wink
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bregt is begging me to post up the points, but I've come to an alternative with him:

The current highest score is 9 out of 18. Even if you think ''that's you'' don't assume you've won yet, as more than 2 people have 9 points! Now let the games continue! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Argh! You´re teasing us crazy tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2008 edited
    Ooh, one person is in the lead now, but it's only by 1 point! tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2008
    Jordi, are you going to take part?! confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Anthony wrote To avoid discouraging people from playing (e.g. if someone has a really high score and people don't think they can beat it), I won't post the results up until Sunday. I will however PM you back on which scores you've guessed correctly so you can cross them off the list!

I'll give this a shot sometime later this week. Of course, it's your game and you set the rules. But I do think that it would be better to announce all the scores (and the progression). I doubt if anyone avoids sending their guesses just because they cannot beat someone. It's just for fun. No one's playing to win, right?

I know I'll do miserably in this. But I'll still submit my guesses.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I understand what you mean completly. Whether or not the case is to ''win'', it's still fun to see who can guess the most, and in my experience, if people see someone with 15/18 points some won't even bother to play, let alone submit the scores they can guess.

Seriously though, if people do want to see the scores though just say and I'll post them up. smile