• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008
    A surprise that track 12 is from a movie I've never heard before, even though it sounded so familiar. Must be because that brass theme playing just in the beginning of the track sounds almost like the theme from "The golden child": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPLmYcQaVVE (theme starts at 0:20 in the clip)

Great game though, I enjoyed it alot!

Peter punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008 edited
    Sorry I didn't get to play James, I only got through 10 clips before my friends came over to take me out ( I should have played earlier in the week ), the Barry one was peasy ( for me ) and I knew the others bar one? Not sure how I'd have done on some of the others after clip 10?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Thanks for a good game, James!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Sorry I didn't put my full mind to the clips - my week was too... troubled and all to do so smile Great set, though! (I should've gotten more, now I see this... but only a few more... just enough to beat Demetris wink).

Btw, Thor, will you do the next one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    BobdH wrote
    Btw, Thor, will you do the next one?

FalkirkBairn wrote
    If no-one has any objections I have prepared a set, and I'd like to post it next?

cow
  2. nice game, at least I didn't suck at this one so that's why I probably liked it wink
    At least I finished above Bregt on this one yay biggrin

Up to the next game
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    plindboe wrote
    A surprise that track 12 is from a movie I've never heard before, even though it sounded so familiar. Must be because that brass theme playing just in the beginning of the track sounds almost like the theme from "The golden child": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPLmYcQaVVE (theme starts at 0:20 in the clip)

It's also very similar to the instrumental riff at the start of Stevie Wonder's song "Superstition" (I'm not making this up!)
  3. A good set of clips, James.

Is the Delerue CD (clip #12?) readily available - that was a great clip from a score that I am completely unfamiliar with. But there were some bad clips (IMO!) That Danny Elfman clip (Midnight Run?) was a definite "skip" for me!

And most of the clips that I couldn't identify were from scores that I'm unfamiliar with - though I had listened to some of What Dreams May Come but the connection didn't click. And I should have gotten The Last Run.

Congrats to Thor!

I'm sending my set to Bregt at the moment and when I get a PM with the link I'll post the set.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Nice one, James! I did get a couple more points but had to rush out to watch a friggin' long movie and the game was over before I returned.

Midnight Run! I've heard this so many times on SST but just couldn't make the connection sad
    I did suspect that there had to be an Elfman somewhere (with Thor's high score).

The Barry was a good surprise.

And congrats to Thor! Super job! wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Obviously, I thought this was a fun game! So thanks to Southall for creating it. I think one of the reasons I did so well in this one is because there were many scores from "my" period and from my kind of scores. Not a lot of the Desplats, Rombis, Marianellis, Tylers or Giacchinos of recent years that I have no relationship to (hear that, franz? wink).

And MIDNIGHT RUN is a wonderful score. One of Elfman's most entertaining and also one of the few that have a little bit of resemblance to his Boingo sound (he has usually separated clearly between the two).

And I actually managed to guess the Barry clip eventually, even though I don't particularly like that composer! (I've seen the film as well, several years ago).
    I am extremely serious.
  4. MIDNIGHT RUN was one I definitely fell down on. It sounded more like Harold Faltemeyer than Danny Elfman! Definitely not a score I'll be chasing down... wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I think i got all clips I should knew.
    Good game again and varied enough!
    Kazoo
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm sending my set to Bregt at the moment and when I get a PM with the link I'll post the set.

Bregt has told me that the link will be available to me tomorrow afternoon. So look out for a new game tomorrow evening.

That gives people plenty of time to re-familiarise themselves with those obscure CDs that have fallen down the back of the shelves, etc. 'Till then.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn