• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2008
    ...entire library of music? wink

I think I've got something like 11 days, 16 hours, 3 minutes and 37 seconds or something equally rediculos.
  1. I realised in the last few days that I've only got a few Goldsmith and Barry scores digitised, which will surely add a day or two, but at the moment it runs a few minutes over 58 days.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2008 edited
    My collection is 16 days, 7 hours, 27 seconds long and has a size of 51.81 GB (MP3 and some FLAC files).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    franz_conrad wrote
    I realised in the last few days that I've only got a few Goldsmith and Barry scores digitised, which will surely add a day or two, but at the moment it runs a few minutes over 58 days.

Nearly 2 months of music?! Jesus! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Are we talking here exclusively about digital music...?
  2. Anthony wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    I realised in the last few days that I've only got a few Goldsmith and Barry scores digitised, which will surely add a day or two, but at the moment it runs a few minutes over 58 days.

Nearly 2 months of music?! Jesus! shocked

3 months, if you don't count the 8 hours a day when I usually sleep. I play every track 4 times a year. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    This is pretty much a dick swinging contest, so it's an apt title to the thread! biggrin

iTunes says I have 55.7 days of music.
  3. I see your schwarz is as long as mine.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ahh, but who has the most music on the smallest amount of hard drive space? wink

Obviously quality is a factor, and I keep everything on my computer in 192, VBR or 320. So it's 11 days worth in about 20GB. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Hmm... it seems I've got about 85 hours, 33 minutes and 19 seconds of music on my computer (still over 3 days!). A lot of it being 'unreleased' material.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I have just over 60 days.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    My God, is that all on your computer? How big is your hard drive?! dizzy
  4. it would take something a bit bigger than a three and a half inch floppy to hold it all biggrin

I feel so pathetic now, but it had to be said!
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Woah; this gets my vote as the most disturbing topic in maintitles so far shocked
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Tim (not timmer) wrote
    it would take something a bit bigger than a three and a half floppy to hold it all biggrin

Yeah, my floppy wouldn't be able to hold all that either. biggrin tongue

Ok, now we've crossed the line. Let us never speak of this again. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    My two cents: 14 days, 8 hours, 38 minutes, 26 seconds for a total of 33,5 GB (lol this is sick!)
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Do you guys REALLY want to know?

Ok... here we go.

2956 albums 50626 tracks 104 days 2 hours 35 minutes and 26 seconds of music = 214.67 GB. That's just soundtracks.

The entire collection including my non-soundtrack stuff and my wife's music is...

3352 albums 55108 tracks 116 days 19 hours 34 minutes and 15 seconds = 239.95 GB. All of that is on 1 500 GB drive backed-up to another 500 GB drive.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

SWEET MOTHER! shocked

That makes me never want to look at my pathetic little collection again. cry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Don't know, don't care!

Unlikely anyone'll beat Erik 'Schlong' Woods?! cheesy wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I think Jon Broxton at MMUK can!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    I think Jon Broxton at MMUK can!

-Erik-

Well, time for him to put up or shut up!? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Anthony wrote
    My God, is that all on your computer? How big is your hard drive?! dizzy

Hehe, the collection is just 125 GB. My HD is 160 GB, so it's a rather medium sized HD compared to modern standards.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Well I'm stuffed, I've only got a 69GB one! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Mine is 250gb and is almost full. Bored to count it all though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Mine is 250gb and is almost full. Bored to count it all though.

Bored to count it all? What, you think we sat there and counted the running times for each track!?!? dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No, i know what you did you friggin iCrap users! tongue biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Indeed so crap it took no effort whatsoever to find the total running time! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Winamp can do it as well and so do many other programs; it's not like you hold the magic baton or anything; wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    No. But it's not like it's crap either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well anything that overloads unnecessary the crap out of my cpu and ram to do the same stuff i can get with little to almost none load instead, is crap that i don't need, in my books wink