• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2008
    I've got 93 days worth, or thereabouts. Given that I only usually have two hours listening time per day (at most) that would take me 1,125 days, or about three years, to get through - assuming I buy no more music in the next three years
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I dub this 'most. pointless. thread. ever'. tongue
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I agree with Demetris. iTunes fucking sucks, but I have to use it as I've got an iPod.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    I agree with Demetris. iTunes fucking sucks, but I have to use it as I've got an iPod.

Not sure about that... I think Winamp supports the iPod as well... and I think there are many third party applications that do as well.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2008 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

Not sure about that... I think Winamp supports the iPod as well... and I think there are many third party applications that do as well.

Songbird will rock! Still in early versions, and while quite the total iTunes design ripoff, it shows great promise, especially when connecting the web with the mediaplayer and Firefox. It's open source, and has some of Winamps developers on it. (www.songbirdnest.com/)

Also cool to note is aTunes, a Java based music player, on which one of our members has helped developing. Thomas (aka Rudi). (www.atunes.org)
    Kazoo
  1. My stats at the moment:

Tracks: 37,334
    Total length: 1729:24:47 (~72 days)
    Average album length: 42 minutes
    Average track length: 2:46
    Average tracks per album: 15
    Space taken up on hard disk: ~230GB (~50% disk full)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. plindboe wrote
    Anthony wrote
    My God, is that all on your computer? How big is your hard drive?! dizzy

Hehe, the collection is just 125 GB. My HD is 160 GB, so it's a rather medium sized HD compared to modern standards.

Peter smile

Mine is about 160 Gb. I put it on an external 320 gb Lacie drive, which is dedicated to the music. I think in the next couple of months I'll be switching over to a Seagate 500 gb drive, because Lacie's can have unexpected crashes, and I'd easily fill up most of the other 90 gbs if I digitised all the CDs I have that have never been saved to a hard drive.

I also have two other drives devoted to scenes from films from classes of mine and the edit materials for most of the short films I've worked on.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008 edited
    I just checked, and I have about 1.4 GB of film music on my computer. 2.3 GB in total, including other music. I have no idea what that is in time, but not very impressive, I would assume. I still haven't converted to the digital arena and listen to my 900+ CD collection on....well, CD.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008
    I have 60 days worth.
    • CommentAuthordjdave
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2008
    I've never actually measured it...but it's pretty big.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Too big to measure with a ruler? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ehe
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Mines "only" 60 hours or 2 and a half days.

This could be why I keep losing at guess the score games
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008
    Well there's all those drugs that pop-ads keep advertising. They might help. biggrin tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Bregt wrote
    Also cool to note is aTunes, a Java based music player, on which one of our members has helped developing. Thomas (aka Rudi). (www.atunes.org)

FYI: The next version will have a dutch translation. smile
    • CommentAuthorpmrsim
    Took me half an hour to calculate it...

just over 50 days (compilations & non-filmmusic not included).
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Unlikely anyone'll beat Erik 'Schlong' Woods?! cheesy wink

You forgot about me. wink All of my music (including non-film music stuff, of which there isn't THAT much) is digitized, and (according to iTunes runs a whopping:

- 6,503 albums
    - 486.44 GB on a Buffalo Terrastation Live box.
    - 322 days, 10 hours, 51 minutes and 3 seconds.

And that doesn't include the latest batch of albums I need to add to the pile.
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008
    dgoldwas wrote
    Timmer wrote

You forgot about me. wink All of my music (including non-film music stuff, of which there isn't THAT much) is digitized, and (according to iTunes runs a whopping:

- 6,503 albums

Ya, well, I'm better looking! wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. And I'm... not Canadian!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    8382 songs, 16.6 days, 52.66 GB

cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008 edited
    dgoldwas wrote
    Timmer wrote

- 6,503 albums

Please tell me you have a backup of that somewhere Dan!? dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I challenge anyone to have a SHORTER thing than me, though! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Like I said, there's lots of ''products'' you can buy to help with that. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, like a bigger harddisk! biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I was thinking smaller things in large quantities. wink

Score CDs! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Please tell me you have a backup of that somewhere Dan!? dizzy

Thankfully it's a RAID.... but when I get a chance, i need to pick up another drive for replication purposes as a redundant backup. Click those ads on scoringsessions.com, please!!!!!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008 edited
    Thank God you didn't say "Thakfully it's a RAID 0". One drive goes bust and you're screwed!
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    My stats at the moment:

Tracks: 37,334
    Total length: 1729:24:47 (~72 days)
    Average album length: 42 minutes
    Average track length: 2:46
    Space taken up on hard disk: ~230GB (~50% disk full)

Recent stats:

Tracks: 40,797
    Total length: 1868:09:52 (~78 days)
    Average album length: 41 minutes
    Average track length: 2:44

I had added another HD to my PC to increase the capacity so I could store all my CDs on the computer but I was concerned that this was my only copy of the files. Not a catastrophic disaster for the copies of physical CDs but a bit more of a problem for downloaded scores. And now that we have a lot of digital photos on this drive too, losing these would be a proper disaster.

So, I now have in my possession a shiny new 1TB external HD so that I can copy all these files over to give me a second copy. In time I'll get another one and make an archival copy that I'll update less frequently than the new HD.

Hopefully I should sleep better at night!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008
    Thor wrote
    I challenge anyone to have a SHORTER thing than me, though! smile

Heck, normally I would have taken up the challenge and won. But I haven't been deleting my files in a while so my collection is upto 6 GB now.
    I rip music only to fill my MP3 player (512 MB) and delete them after transferring. I prefer cds but the cheap MP3 player (only $15) is for the gym.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008 edited
    about 70 something

67 on iTunes plus about 100 scores