• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. There's a special thrill that comes from finding a soundtrack or sought after score at a secondhand store for next to nothing. I always have to check the CD section in any thrift shop, just in case, and it's so fun when you find a treasure.

What has been your most exciting secondhand find?

I remember (before the rerelease) of The Witches of Eastwick, I found this rare John Williams CD at a thrift shop in Los Angeles for a couple of dollars. At the time it was very rare and hard to find - so that one is especially memorable to me. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2018
    For me it was a Bernard Herrmann of his early days at CBS.
    listen to more classical music!
  2. Last week, I found Alex North's Spartacus on CD for $1. It's very rare that I find golden age film scores secondhand, so I was thrilled. I hadn't heard it before and was expecting a lot of action cues, but to my surprise, it's more lullaby than lively. Lovely, very relaxing and not at all what I had envisioned for such a film, haha - but I'm really enjoying it!
  3. The Varese box is sitting very decoratively on my shelf. I haven't listened to that stuff in ages. Your post reminds me to do so.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2019
    Filmscoregirl wrote
    Last week, I found Alex North's Spartacus on CD for $1. It's very rare that I find golden age film scores secondhand, so I was thrilled. I hadn't heard it before and was expecting a lot of action cues, but to my surprise, it's more lullaby than lively. Lovely, very relaxing and not at all what I had envisioned for such a film, haha - but I'm really enjoying it!

The original CD, I presume, not the gazillion-CD box that was released a decade ago?

I have that too, and it's all I ever need. Perfect representation of this particular score, and for just $1, you've made a bargain.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote
    The original CD, I presume, not the gazillion-CD box that was released a decade ago?

Yes, just the normal CD, the black cover w/ Kirk Douglas. smile