• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. VARÈSE SARABANDE RECORDS ANNOUNCES THE NEXT FOUR CD CLUB TITLES:

The Cowboys - John Williams
    Small Soldiers - Jerry Goldsmith
    The Complete London Sessions - Georges Delerue
    Heathers - David Newman

(June 18, 2018– Los Angeles, CA) – Varèse Sarabande Records is proud to announce next four album releases as part of their famed CD Club title program to be available beginning on June 18th: THE COWBOYS: THE DELUXE EDITION (John Williams), SMALL SOLDIERS: THE DELUXE EDITION (Jerry Goldsmith), GEORGES DELERUE: THE COMPLETE LONDON SESSIONS, and HEATHERS: ENCORE EDITION composed by David Newman.

The latest CD Club titles will kick-off the 40th anniversary celebration which will spotlight the legacy of the world’s most renowned soundtrack record label. The concept of the CD Club debuted in 1989 as a mail order exclusive releasing limited edition batches of beloved previously unreleased or long-out of print scores, carefully curated by Robert Townson.

The first batch of Varèse Sarabande CD Club titles for this anniversary year begins with John Williams most epic pre-Star Wars score! We are so excited to present this revelatory Deluxe Edition of John Williams’ THE COWBOYS. The 1972 score is classic Williams, loaded with melody and adventure, in it he gave us his greatest and grandest western and one that would even spawn one of the composers greatest concert overtures, the beloved The Cowboys Overture.

One of screen icon John Wayne's finest twilight films, THE COWBOYS was a box-office hit in 1972. John Wayne stars as a rancher who will lose his livestock unless he can transform a ragtag bunch of schoolboys into cowboys. When all his ranch hands go off in search of gold, the veteran rancher is forced to hire eleven teenage boys as trail hands, and in the process of driving 1200 cattle across 400 rough miles, the young cowboys become cowmen.
    THE FILM SCORE
    1. Overture (2:34)
    2. Main Title – The Cowboys (2:27)
    3. The Hands Quit (1:44)
    4. The Boys (1:05)
    5. Wil and Ann (2:34)
    6. The Kids and Crazy Alice (2:01)
    7. Graveyard (:46)
    8. Anybody That Tall (1:12)
    9. Training Montage (1:32)
    10. Long Hair and The Roundup (2:26)
    11. Nightlinger’s Tale (1:47)
    12. To Belle Fourche (1:46)
    13. The First Night (1:56)
    14. Burning Daylight (1:02)
    15. Learning the Ropes (Vivaldi Concerto in D) (1:17)
    16. Sour Mash (2:03)
    17. Long Hair’s Threat (1:20)
    18. Entr’acte (2:25)
    19. Afraid of the Dark (1:42)
    20. Charlie’s Demise (2:00)
    21. Charlie’s Burial (1:37)
    22. Mrs. Collingwood’s Girls (1:42)
    23. Long Hair Trails (4:08)
    24. Long Hair and Dan (1:29)
    25. Summer’s Over (1:51)
    26. Drums of Manhood and The Execution (5:56)
    27. Into the Trap (2:18)
    28. The Battle (1:27)
    29. End Title and End Cast (2:23)

ADDITIONAL MUSIC
    30. Nightlinger’s Tale (Alternate) (1:47)
    31. Long Hair’s Threat (Alternate) (1:26)
    32. Entr’acte (Segment) (1:01)
    33. The Execution (Alternate) (4:21)
    34. Into the Trap (Alternate) (2:17)
    35. End Title and End Cast (Alternate) (2:21)
    36. Exit Music (1:13)

We have received so many requests over the years for a Deluxe Edition of Jerry Goldsmith’s score for Joe Dante’s 1998 film Small Soldiers. An epic action/adventure score with a heroic march, Goldsmith had a lot of fun with this film and it shows. This is another epic expansion and remastering effort. Our 40th Anniversary year and the 20th anniversary of the film seemed like the perfect time to revisit the film and its incredible score.

When teenager Alan (Gregory Smith) buys a set of Commando Elite action figures, he's unaware that they have been programmed with military technology. The toys, including leader Chip (Tommy Lee Jones), spring to life and start taking their directives seriously, beginning by "killing" their enemies, the toy Gorgonites. But Archer (Frank Langella) and the Gorgonites won't go down without a fight. Alan gets caught in the middle of the war, as does his neighbor and crush, Christy (Kirsten Dunst).

THE FILM SCORE
    1. Globotech (:58)
    2. He’s Here / Chip Hazard / Just Toys (1:00)
    3. The Assembly Line (2:44)
    4. Alan’s Town (1:25)
    5. The Boxes / Off The Truck (2:12)
    6. Gorgonite Scum / Almost Gold (1:36)
    7. Roll Call (4:52)
    8. Alan And Archer (3:01)
    9. Destruction / Branded (3:01)
    10. Prepare For Assault (3:48)
    11. Special Design (Extended Version) (2:38)
    12. Talk To Me / Not Found (3:07)
    13. Team Gorgonite (1:10)
    14. Phone Wires / Gorgon / Top Of The Stairs (1:12)
    15. Stand Down / Negative Target (1:52)
    16. The New Army / Brain Chip (1:14)
    17. Bombshelley (Franz Waxman) (1:21)
    18. The Wind (1:01)
    19. The Gwendys / Terms Of Surrender (1:50)
    20. The Trojan Box / Rocket Entry (1:45)
    21. Gwendys Attack (1:47)
    22. This Is Fun (1:26)
    23. Toast / Down The River / Lost Battle (1:21)
    24. I’m Scared (2:04)
    25. Negotiations (1:10)
    26. Fire In The Hole (3:45)
    27. Trust Me (4:07)
    28. No Prisoners (4:38)
    29. Chip Dies / Cleaning Up (1:39)
    30. Off To Gorgon (4:44)

ADDITIONAL MUSIC
    31. Globotech (Alternate) (:55)
    32. Almost Gold (Alternate) (1:15)
    33. The New Army / Brain Chip (Alternates) (1:51)
    34. Toast / Lost Battle (Alternates) (1:03)
    35. Ride Of The Valkyries (Richard Wagner) (:40)
    36. Also Sprach Zarathustra (Richard Strauss) (1:30)

One of Varese Sarabande’s most cherished recordings. GEORGES DELERUE: THE COMPLETE LONDON SESSIONS is such a priceless collection of his music that we couldn’t stand having its last reissue be out of print any longer. The suites, recorded in London in the spring of 1989, were first issued as three individual volumes, each with a Bob Peak painting on the cover. In 2001 we compiled the original three volumes into a 2-CD set called Great Composers: Georges Delerue, featuring a Matthew Peak photo of Paris on the cover. For this new, remastered edition, we have returned to Bob Peak’s painting from the original London Sessions, Volume One.

Disc One
    1. Rich and Famous Suite (4:56)
    2. Platoon Finale and End Title (6:54)
    3. Her Alibi End Title (5:31)
    4. Beaches Friendship (3:29)
    5. Exposed Suite (9:18)
    6. Biloxi Blues Main Title (2:34)
    7. Steel Magnolias Suite (8:08)
    8. Interlude Theme (3:23)
    9. The Escape Artist Suite (7:24)
    10. The Pick-up Artist Theme (3:09)

Disc Two
    1. Something Wicked This Way Comes Suite (10:51)
    2. Hommage à François Truffaut* (12:12)
    I. Shoot the Piano Player / II. Love at 20 / III. Jules and Jim / IV. The Soft Skin
    V. Two English Girls / VI. Such a Gorgeous Girl Like Me / VII. Vivement Dimanche
    VIII. Day for Night / IX. The Woman Next Door / X. The Last Metro
    3. Maxie End Title (4:06)
    4. House on Carroll Street Theme (3:12)
    5. A Little Sex Suite (9:27)
    6. Maid to Order Theme (2:15)
    7. Man Woman and Child Theme (3:20)
    8. Memories of Me Suite (6:50)
    9. Crimes of the Heart Suite (10:45)

David Newman’s classic score for the cult classic original HEATHERS from 1989 is back! Veronica (Winona Ryder) is part of the most popular clique at her high school, but she disapproves of the other girls' cruel behavior. When Veronica and her new boyfriend, J.D. (Christian Slater), confront clique leader Heather Chandler (Kim Walker) and accidentally poison her, they make it appear a suicide. Soon Veronica realizes that J.D. is intentionally killing students he does not like. She races to stop J.D. while also clashing with the clique's new leader, Heather Duke (Shannen Doherty).

Tracklist
    1. Strip Croquet (1:55)
    2. Suicide Note (2:10)
    3. J.D. Blows Up (2:11)
    4. The Forest (2:00)
    5. You’re Beautiful (2:12)
    6. Martha Dumptruck (1:12)
    7. Third Funeral (1:52)
    8. Veronica and J.D. (1:10)
    9. First Funeral (1:56)
    10. The Dorm (1:01)
    11. Back To School (1:11)
    12. Forest Chase (1:29)
    13. Heather’s Locker (1:09)
    14. Veronica’s Shower (:44)
    15. Into the Cafeteria (:50)
    16. Veronica’s Dream (1:56)
    17. J.D.’s Final Stand (2:59)
    18. Dorm Party (3:32)
    19. Croquet (1:31)
    20. Second Funeral (1:29)
    21. Poor Little Heather (:56)
    22. J.D.’s Bomb (3:53)
    23. Petition Montage (2:29)

Varèse Sarabande will begin taking orders for the latest batch of club releases today, June 18, 2018.

# # #

www.varesesarabande.com

For more information contact KrakowerGroup[at]gmail.com, or @KrakowerGroup on Twitter

ABOUT VARÈSE SARABANDE RECORDS
    Founded in 1978, Varèse Sarabande is the most prolific producer of film music in the world, releasing the highest quality soundtracks from the world’s greatest composers. From current box office hits and top television series to the classics of Hollywood’s Golden Age, Varèse Sarabande’s catalog includes albums from practically every composer in every era, covering all of film history; from Bernard Herrmann, Alex North and Jerry Goldsmith to Alexandre Desplat, Michael Giacchino and Brian Tyler.

Varèse Sarabande releases deluxe and expanded editions of special soundtracks for the film music aficionado. The Varèse Vintage imprint specializes in releasing new and re-issued albums by classic pop, jazz and country artists. Varèse Sarabande Records is distributed by Universal Music Group.

Follow: twitter.com/varesesarabande
    Watch: youtube.com/varesesarabande
    Listen: open.spotify.com/user/varesesarabanderecords
    Like: facebook.com/varesesarabanderecords
    Buy: varesesarabande.com
  2. I have ordered the Williams. The album presentation is great, but The Cowboys is my favourite pre Star Wars Williams score, rivalling even JAWS. So this is a must for me. I think about getting Goldsmith's Small Soldiers too, bu I am not sure. The film was not for me really.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2018 edited
    Nothing of interest to me here, except maybe Newman's HEATHERS, which I've never really checked out. I'm perfectly content with my old Vareses of COWBOYS and SMALL SOLDIERS, and I have almost all the Delerues in other albums and compilations.
    I am extremely serious.