• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. WESTWORLD SEASON 2 SOUNDTRACK NOW AVAILABLE

MUSIC BY MULTI GRAMMY® AND EMMY® AWARD-NOMINATED COMPOSER
    RAMIN DJAWADI

COLLECTIBLE VINYL CONFIGURATIONS AND 2-CD SET PLANNED

LOS ANGELES (June 25, 2018) – WaterTower Music is pleased to announce today’s release of the soundtrack to the second season of HBO’s Westworld, which is now available on the heels of last night’s thrilling finale. Westworld: Season 2 (Music From The HBO® Series) features the music of multi-Grammy® and Emmy® Award-nominated composer Ramin Djawadi (Westworld, Game of Thrones), and is now available digitally for streaming and for purchase, with a 2-CD set and several collectible vinyl configurations planned for later this year.

Westworld: Season 2 (Music From The HBO® Series) features 29 tracks comprising the most powerful musical moments of Season 2. The album includes composer Ramin Djawadi’s iconic Westworld theme, his original compositions from the show, and his renowned versions of popular songs created for the show including 2 different versions of “Heart-Shaped Box” (originally performed by Nirvana), “Runaway” (originally performed by Kanye West), “C.R.E.A.M.” (originally performed by Wu-Tang Clan), “Seven Nation Army” (originally performed by The White Stripes), “Codex” (originally performed by Radiohead), “The Entertainer” (originally performed by Scott Joplin), and “Paint It, Black” (originally performed by The Rolling Stones) – which is a different version than the version of “Paint It, Black” that lives on Djawadi’s Westworld: Season 1 (Music from the HBO® Series) soundtrack album.

The Westworld: Season 2 (Music from the HBO® Series) soundtrack is now available for streaming and digital purchase. The street date for the 2-CD set and vinyl versions will be announced soon. The track list is as follows:

Main Title Theme – Westworld
    Journey Into Night
    Runaway
    Myself
    The Entertainer
    Is This Now?
    Seven Nation Army
    The Raj
    Les Écorchés
    Heart-Shaped Box (Orchestral)
    Akane no Mai
    Paint It, Black
    C.R.E.A.M.
    Virtù e Fortuna
    A New Voice
    Kiksuya
    I Remember You
    Heart-Shaped Box (Piano)
    Take My Heart When You Go
    Virus
    My Favorite
    Vanishing Point
    My Speech
    A Passage to Another World
    I Promise
    Core Drive
    Westworld
    Codex
    We’ll Meet Again

Westworld is a dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the birth of a new form of life on Earth. Called “fascinating” and “provocative” by The Atlantic and “television’s next big game-changer” by the Los Angeles Times, WESTWORLD debuted on HBO in Oct. 2016 to become the network’s most-watched freshman series ever. HBO has renewed the series for a third season.

The season two cast includes: Evan Rachel Wood, Thandie Newton, Ed Harris, Jeffrey Wright, James Marsden, Tessa Thompson, Ingrid Bolsø Berdal, Clifton Collins Jr., Luke Hemsworth, Louis Herthum, Simon Quarterman, Talulah Riley, Rodrigo Santoro, Angela Sarafyan, Shannon Woodward, Ben Barnes, Jimmi Simpson, Leonardo Nam, Ptolemy Slocum, and Sir Anthony Hopkins. New to the cast are: Fares Fares, Katja Herbers, Gustaf Skarsgård, Hiroyuki Sanada, Peter Mullan, Rinko Kikuchi, Zahn McClarnon, Tao Okamoto, Betty Gabriel, Jonathan Tucker, Julia Jones and Kiki Sukezane.

Created for television by Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy, who are executive producers with J.J. Abrams, Richard J. Lewis, Roberto Patino, Athena Wickham, and Ben Stephenson. Production companies, Kilter Films and Bad Robot Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television; based on the film written by Michael Crichton.

###

For more information contact Krakowergroup[at]gmail.comor @krakowergroup on Twitter
  2. I have the Westworld S1 soundtrack and really enjoy the music, but I don't watch the show. Anyone have thoughts on S2? Worth getting?
  3. If you liked the S1 score, S2 is a safe bet. Djawadi is really getting better and better with the stuff, though you could say the score is a slight spoiler for the season (stylistically) if you ever wanna watch it.

But there's tons of stuff from the score on youtube, and Amazon and Spotify should have it, too, so you can sample it before buying.