• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Sylvos wrote
    The sound clips suggest that I should pass on this without a second thought. But I will still wait and see how it works in the film.

Like I do with every Randy Newman score shame

I don't have many Randy Newman scores either, not one of his animation scores, but his scores for Awakenings and Avalon are both wonderful. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    keky wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Sylvos wrote
    The sound clips suggest that I should pass on this without a second thought. But I will still wait and see how it works in the film.

I don't have many Randy Newman scores either, not one of his animation scores, but his scores for Awakenings and Avalon are both wonderful. punk

If you like those then you should probably also check out Ragtime, The Natural and Pleasantville. (I think Avalon is his best, but those others are also very good.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    keky wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Sylvos wrote

If you like those then you should probably also check out Ragtime, The Natural and Pleasantville. (I think Avalon is his best, but those others are also very good.)

Thanks for the recommendations 'cause i really liked Avalon too. Something tells me i won't enjoy Ragtime though biggrin And is pleasantville cheesy btw? 'Cause somehow i remember it as cheesy but of course i might be mistaken.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I don't remember the music of Ragtime but The Natural is among my albums-to-buy folder...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How is it like?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    As far as I remember from the movie it's very pleasant Americana.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    keky wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Sylvos wrote

Thanks for the recommendations 'cause i really liked Avalon too. Something tells me i won't enjoy Ragtime though biggrin And is pleasantville cheesy btw? 'Cause somehow i remember it as cheesy but of course i might be mistaken.

Pleasantville has two deliberately-cheesy pieces but the rest is beautiful Americana.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I love Newman's Toy Story 1 and 2, Bug's Life, Monsters Inc and Cars scores. But so far I'm not too impressed by this one either. Something Alan Menken would've elevated to brilliant levels. Oh well, these are still samples only, will reserve my judgement till I hear it all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Newman's much more qualified than Menken for this, IMO, because of his New Orleans roots and the style of his music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I felt that too, but I can't hide the samples left me a bit underwhelmed so far. But like I said they're just 30 second samples after all, will wait to get the full soundtrack before passing judgement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Don't overlook his score to Seabiscuit!!!
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I forgot Seabiscuit. Lovely score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Spiderman got out of costume!!! smile
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    keky wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Sylvos wrote

Pleasantville has two deliberately-cheesy pieces but the rest is beautiful Americana.

I love that score. Cheesy? Well, there are different kind of cheese. This is more like gruyere or brie, high quality cheese lick Not your processed velveeta or kraft singles sliced cheese!
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Southall wrote
    Newman's much more qualified than Menken for this, IMO, because of his New Orleans roots and the style of his music.

Agree. Jazz, ragtime or maybe zydeco (?) is indeed something he is comfortable with.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Tintin wrote
    Southall wrote

Agree. Jazz, ragtime or maybe zydeco (?) is indeed something he is comfortable with.

Agree that he seems to gravitate toward those particular types of films.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009
    New interviews with Randy about his music for Princess And The Frog and Monsters Inc. -

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111801 … 3&cs=1

http://animatedviews.com/2009/monsters- … se-i-care/
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009
    Lee Unkrich (director) posted some pics and videos of Toy Story 3 scoring session on his Twitter.

LOL: http://www.twitvid.com/6DAF6
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009 edited
    lol

I hope Disney Records releases a CD for this one, for the sake of Randy's songs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009 edited
    Hmm... Most critic's reactions at Rotten Tomatos for the soundtrack has been moderately weak. Menken sure have raised the bar for this genre.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2009
    Princess And The Frog soundtrack is available as a stream from Walt Disney Records in WMA format. Yes it's free and legal cheesy
    http://animatedviews.com/2009/princess- … -streamed/

Now I'm listening smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Thanks for the link.

My personal opinions and tastes aside, I'm really curious why they're doing all these crazy promotions for a soundtrack. It almost feels like this whole movie was made for Randy Newman's soundtrack now. Strange.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Because it's awards season? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010 edited
    The Toy Story 3 soundtrack CD is going to be released on June 15 according to Amazon.

EDIT: The link is dead now. The soundtrack is going to be download-only.
    • CommentAuthortimme
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2010
    Any news on a Toy Story 3 soundtrack release? Because I can't find the link anymore on Amazon and on www.moviemusic.com, the announcement of this album has also been removed. Can it be possible that this release has been cancelled or is going to be a download only? I've only found a sing a long album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2010
    timme wrote
    Can it be possible that this release has been cancelled or is going to be a download only?

I'm afraid the download-only part is true once again. sad

http://pixarblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/t … lease.html

To hell with these sh!tty MP3-only releases. I did read they're planning to release all 3 Toy Story soundtracks as a CD boxset, so fingers crossed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2010
    The latest Little Fockers trailer contains a credit at the end for Stephen Trask composing the score - I thought Randy Newman was doing it again? Have I missed something?

Trailer link:
    http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/univ … lefockers/
  1. Intrada releases

TOY STORY 3

Label: Disney / Intrada D001734402
    Date: 2010
    Tracks: 17
    Time = 56:34

Cool news! World premiere CD release of Randy Newman's exciting, colorful and sentimental soundtrack for finale to legendary animation trilogy from Walt Disney Pictures/Pixar Animation Studios, directed by Lee Unkrich, showcasing final adventures of Woody and Buzz Lightyear. Newman offers flavorful score rich with colorful Americana, rousing excitement, gentle nostalgia, warm sentiment. Walt Disney Records/Intrada co-branded CD premiere also features hit Randy Newman theme song "We Belong Together" and Spanish-language version of "You've Got A Friend In Me" that features in terrific storyline. Handsome packaging includes generous array of color stills, shots of composer Newman, director Unkrich at recording sessions, brief notes from both men plus lyrics for two songs. Stunning recording by David Boucher, vivid orchestrations by Jonathan Sacks, Don Davis & Randy Newman. Newman also conducts. Exciting addition to ongoing Disney-Intrada co-branded CD soundtrack series!

01. We Belong Together 4:02
    Performed by Randy Newman
    02. You’ve Got a Friend in Me 2:14
    (Para el Buzz Español) Performed by Gipsy Kings
    03. Cowboy! 4:10
    04. Garbage? 2:40
    05. Sunnyside 2:20
    06. Woody Bails 4:40
    07. Come to Papa 2:05
    08. Go See Lotso 3:36
    09. Bad Buzz 2:21
    10. You Got Lucky 5:58
    11. Spanish Buzz 3:31
    12. What About Daisy? 2:07
    13. To the Dump 3:50
    14. The Claw 3:56
    15. Going Home 3:22
    16. So Long 4:55
    17. Zu-Zu (Ken’s Theme) 0:34
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2012
    A very good score, though I already bought it once (download) so don't think I'll take the plunge for the CD.