• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Timmer wrote
    What's going on with the dates? It's Thursday 10th of June NOT 17th dizzy)

Um, today is Wednesday, JULY 9th (at least for me; not quite sure what world you're in, Timmer dizzy). wink biggrin

errrr......ummmmm.......

My bad shame

LOL biggrin It's all good. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2008 edited
    This morning, a group of TV critics gathered for a preview screening of one full episode from the upcoming Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV show. Below I have posted links to several reviews of the episode, which are unanimously and unexpectedly very positive!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtra … ars-t.html
    http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/07/first-look-clon.html
    http://www.premiumhollywood.com/2008/07 … ress-tour/
    http://deseretnews.com/blogs/1,5322,500 … D=20080711
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfg … ?blogid=24
  1. Well, the last one didn´t sound too positive, if you ask me.

But we´re certainly going to see it nevertheless, my daughter would kill me if we wouldn´t be going. (So much for the impact on kids ^^)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2008
    a brief, percussion-tinged variation on John Williams' "Stars Wars" theme

Ummm... good? Or not? tongue dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Well, the last one didn´t sound too positive, if you ask me.

LOL OK. I'll go check the last review. I at first read most of these in a Star Wars forum, so maybe I accidently included one that wasn't so great. Either way... Still looks like it will be pretty good. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2008
    DemonStar wrote
    a brief, percussion-tinged variation on John Williams' "Stars Wars" theme

Ummm... good? Or not? tongue dizzy

Yeah, I was wondering that myself. tongue smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Well, the last one didn´t sound too positive, if you ask me.

There you go; I just exchanged that one out for a much better review, as well as posted links to a couple more. beer I'm not saying no one didn't like it, but all the reviews I read last night were very positive, and that one just somehow slipped into the post. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2008
    Good lord, I saw the trailer for this when I went to see WALL•E yesterday. To me, it looks like George shat one huge turd and thought "Eureka! I think I could make a film out of this. But with CGI!".

I could be proven wrong of course, but I think the only saving grace for the trailer at least was Williams' music.
  2. Steven wrote
    Good lord, I saw the trailer for this when I went to see WALL•E yesterday...

Sounds like you still had a better trailer than the one's I saw before the main feature: Igor, The Tale of Despereaux, Fly Me To The Moon, High School Musical 3...Madagascar 2 looked okay though!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    Good lord, I saw the trailer for this when I went to see WALL•E yesterday. To me, it looks like George shat one huge turd and thought "Eureka! I think I could make a film out of this. But with CGI!".

I could be proven wrong of course, but I think the only saving grace for the trailer at least was Williams' music.

I actually think the trailer isn't that great. I've been keeping up with the movie and series over in Star Wars fan forums, and to me, the animation looks great, and the film is getting good reviews, but the trailer just is kind of... underwhelming, IMO. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Steven wrote

Sounds like you still had a better trailer than the one's I saw before the main feature: Igor, The Tale of Despereaux, Fly Me To The Moon, High School Musical 3...Madagascar 2 looked okay though!

Same here. We were screaming in agony (literally) when the trailer for High School Musical 3 came on! vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Steven wrote

Same here. We were screaming in agony (literally) when the trailer for High School Musical 3 came on! vomit

biggrin
  3. Steven wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Steven wrote

I'm sure that at some point we'll have the HSM3 CD in the house - for my daughter Rachel obviously.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2008 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Steven wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Steven wrote

I'm sure that at some point we'll have the HSM3 CD in the house - for my daughter Rachel obviously.

You sure it's not for you, Alan? tongue biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2008 edited
    Having just finished my first listen of Kiner's Clone Wars, I can safely say I really enjoyed it. I can also safely say this isn't a Star Wars score, and the "re-mixed" version of Williams' main theme at the beginning and end of the album is pretty awful.

Some cues do show at least a little bit of Williamesque scoring, but overall it doesn't sound like a Star Wars score, or at least it doesn't sound like what a Star Wars score should sound like. I'm sure it fits the movie well, but then the movie probably takes the wrong approach, so I blame the makers of the movie.

It goes without saying it doesn't compare to any of the Star Wars scores, but within its own right (and if you try to forget this is meant to be a "Star Wars" score), this is a pretty good score that I'm sure will grow on me a lot more after my first listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2008
    Steven wrote
    Having just finished my first listen of Kiner's Clone Wars...

Did you download it off the Internet, or did you somehow manage to obtain the actual CD?
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    Having just finished my first listen of Kiner's Clone Wars, I can safely say I really enjoyed it. I can also safely say this isn't a Star Wars score, and the "re-mixed" version of Williams' main theme at the beginning and end of the album is pretty awful.

Some cues do show at least a little bit of Williamesque scoring, but overall it doesn't sound like a Star Wars score, or at least it doesn't sound like what a Star Wars score should sound like. I'm sure it fits the movie well, but then the movie probably takes the wrong approach, so I blame the makers of the movie.

It goes without saying it doesn't compare to any of the Star Wars scores, but within its own right (and if you try to forget this is meant to be a "Star Wars" score), this is a pretty good score that I'm sure will grow on me a lot more after my first listen.

Steven, maybe you should post this in the Kevin Kiner thread, as well. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Steven wrote

Did you download it off the Internet, or did you somehow manage to obtain the actual CD?

Take a guess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Steven wrote

Take a guess.

I assume Internet. But I've heard of several people somehow getting the CD a day or two ago in the mail. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2008 edited
    For me, first listens nowadays are almost always from internet downloads (unless it's a really special release, something that I either must have or I know for certain I will like), then if I like it enough I will order the CD. (For example, I'll be buying the super-duper-uber-cool-gold-plated-diamond-encrusted The Dark Knight CD.)

For the time being, I won't be buying the CD. But it's early days and I've only given it one listen.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    (For example, I'll be buying the super-duper-uber-cool-gold-plated-diamond-encrusted The Dark Knight CD.)

What what? I might hold off on getting the CD then...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2008
    Really? So it isn't crap after all? Have to hear this.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Why would it be crap?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Don't know, some of the early clips and reactions....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ah. Well, I think reactions were generally negative because this isn't what a Star Wars score should sound like especially when Williams set the tone over 30 years ago and has since been ingrained in public conscience. That said, it is a really good score and could become one of my favourites of this year! (Ironically for another animated film.)
  4. You mean, like the first reactions to The Dark Knight? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    4 first cues off the Cd i've heard didn't do anything for me. Let's see what the rest will do.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2008
    What did it do?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Permanent damage, one would imagine.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Only Kiner's rendition of Williams' main theme! But no no, the rest is pretty darned good. Perhaps a little editing of the album wouldn't go a miss (I've lost you know haven't I Martijn? biggrin ), but overall this is one the year's more entertaining - and for me - satisfying listens.

I'm quite happy to defend this score in light of the inevitable barrage of abuse it will receive! wink