• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2008
    Steven wrote
    (I've lost you now haven't I Martijn? biggrin )

Your journey towards the Dark Side is now complete.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Good lord, I'm glad Biggs and Wedge won't look like that.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Just got the message from amazon , mines on the way!!
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote
    (I've lost you now haven't I Martijn? biggrin )

Your journey towards the Dark Side is now complete.

Steven wrote
    Good lord, I'm glad Biggs and Wedge won't look like that.

To those who don't know whom or what I was referring to, that probably seemed like the worst joke ever committed to the internet!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's pretty generic; to me. Can't see why the excitement.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    It's pretty generic; to me. Can't see why the excitement.

BIN-GO!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Who's excited?

I think it's just Steven.
    And he's currently deluded because he's had some bad news about Wedge and Biggs.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

First laugh of the day. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008
    I really like the score, notice I said "like" , hehe. Its not any where close to Williams Masterpiece of course.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2008
    For those interested, the new trailer for the upcoming Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series may be viewed here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    TheTelmarine wrote
    For those interested, the new trailer for the upcoming Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series may be viewed here.

This will also have a score by Kiner?
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

This will also have a score by Kiner?

Yes. He has actually already scored each individual episode of the entire first season, and is currently (I think) at work on the second.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anyone heard any samples off the new work? (sorry if missed it) If you did, are they in the same vein with the recently released score?
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anyone heard any samples off the new work? (sorry if missed it) If you did, are they in the same vein with the recently released score?

Please check out this comment. wink
  1. I must admit, those multiple "Roger"s at the very end of the trailer made me smile. It seems they finally get a grip on things which annoy the audience and now try to make a joke out of it anyway. Could work sometimes, I guess. Overall, the trailer was okay, I think. I don´t expect too much of the series, just half-hour long doses of short-memory entertainment. Could be worse. Could be better. We´ll have to see for ourselves.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2008 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I must admit, those multiple "Roger"s at the very end of the trailer made me smile.

Me too! cheesy That cracked me up when I first saw it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Here is the thing about prequels... The trailers always look AMAZING. I'd rather watch the trailers only rather than the films. They truly capture that STAR WARS spirit from the original trilogy. What the trailers DON'T show you though is the GOD AWFUL humour that now plagues this movies (albeit the "Roger, Roger" thing was funny) and the lame dialogue. I will say this though, the space battles are impressive, the lightsabre fight looks great but that only takes up a tiny percentage of these movies. While the stories themselves are strong the execution has been beyond terrible.

Example - Darth Vader: "Nooooooooooooooo!"

Having said that, I am curious to see THE CLONE WARS movie (DVD only) and see the first few episodes of the TV series to truly see if this latest venture from Lucasfilm will improve on the prequel films.

-Erik-

PS - I did like Revenge of the Sith. wink
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Erik, the Clone Wars movie is definitely a step DOWN from the prequel films so if I were you, I would save yourself the suffering of watching it until we see whether the series improves upon its beginning with better writers/directors. If it doesn't, you'd be happier pretending it doesn't exist. cool
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote
    Erik, the Clone Wars movie is definitely a step DOWN from the prequel films so if I were you, I would save yourself the suffering of watching it until we see whether the series improves upon its beginning with better writers/directors. If it doesn't, you'd be happier pretending it doesn't exist. cool

shocked Oh my!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Scribe wrote

I actually do think the new film is pretty bad... though I still prefer it to The Phantom Menace. But most of this was due to the terrible plot. An entire movie about Jabba the Hutt's son? Come on! rolleyes But the series looks incredible, IMO. I am about as spoiled as a person can be, and I can already say at least a couple episodes are sure to please (though I pray to God that it'll be more than just a couple rolleyes). biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The trailer looks good and while i'd say that it's way better if we get more Star Wars material, even animated, than the usual crappy Hollywood Sisterhood of the traveling pants and 50 first dates stuff but i'd too agree they have to respect what they're handling here. Hip american teenage attitude and tv humor of 2008 have no place in anything that has to do with Star Wars imo, although i can clearly see why they'd want to do something like that in order to hype it up a bit and approach youngsters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2008
    Listening to this CD now. I have no problem with the STYLE here (which many others here seem to have) - I don't care diddly-squat if it's in Williams' canon or not. No, my problem is that it's quite generic, with few pronounced themes to latch onto and without particularly interesting textures. Just a lot of splashing cymbals, crescendos and percussive riffs that go nowhere. Bombastic without structure.

Perhaps it will grow on me, but I'm not sure. I really only picked this up because I'm a Williams completist, knowing that variations of his themes were in it (except for the main title main motif, there weren't many, though).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2008
    Thor, i think being mindlessly generic is the main problem most people have with it (me included), not because it didn't imitate Williams.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2008
    Tonight's the night! At 9:00 PM, Star Wars: The Clone Wars will premiere on television with Ambush, followed by Rising Malevolence, at 9:30.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008
    Sorry I haven't been following this discussion since a long time because of studies, but does the TV series have completely new music or the music from the Clone Wars soundtrack released a few months back?
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    DemonStar wrote
    Sorry I haven't been following this discussion since a long time because of studies, but does the TV series have completely new music or the music from the Clone Wars soundtrack released a few months back?

It has completely new music. Kiner is scoring each individual episode. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    William wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Ooh wow. Is there going to be a release? (any word about it?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    William wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Yep. It's been confirmed by Kiner. Apparently Sony Classical is already talking to him about a TV soundtrack release, and Kiner has said, though he's not sure when it will be released, there WILL definitely be a release. smile

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … ment_53647
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    William wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    William wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Yep. It's been confirmed by Kiner. Apparently Sony Classical is already talking to him about a TV soundtrack release, and Kiner has said, though he's not sure when it will be released, there WILL definitely be a release. smile

Great! Thanks for the info! wink beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    DemonStar wrote
    William wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    William wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Great! Thanks for the info! wink beer

Yep, no problem! beer