• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008
    I'm VERY interested in this. While the last thing we need is more from the prequels... it's still Star Wars. Does anyone have any news on who is scoring this?

------

Star Wars: The Clone Wars In Theaters and on Television in 2008
    February 12, 2008

A new era of Star Wars entertainment begins in 2008 when Star Wars: The Clone Wars, from creator George Lucas, premieres as an all-new feature film in August, followed by the television series debut in the fall, in a partnership announced today between Lucasfilm Ltd., Warner Bros. Pictures and Turner Broadcasting System Inc.

Produced by Lucasfilm Animation, Star Wars: The Clone Wars takes audiences on incredible new Star Wars adventures, combining the legendary storytelling of Lucasfilm with an eye-popping, signature animation style. Star Wars: The Clone Wars will open in North American theaters Friday, August 15. International release dates will be announced soon.

"I felt there were a lot more Star Wars stories left to tell," said George Lucas, executive producer of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. "I was eager to start telling some of them through animation and, at the same time, push the art of animation forward."

The theatrical debut of Star Wars: The Clone Wars is only the beginning of all-new Star Wars adventures that continue in the fall when the long-awaited television series premieres on Cartoon Network, followed by airings on TNT. Details regarding international broadcasts will be announced shortly. Star Wars: The Clone Wars showcases an entirely new look and feel to the galaxy far, far away -- combining the expansive scope of the Star Wars Saga with state-of-the-art computer-generated animation. Each week, viewers will see a thrilling, 30-minute "mini-movie" created by the talented artists at Lucasfilm Animation.

On the front lines of an intergalactic struggle between good and evil, fans young and old will join such favorite characters as Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Padmé Amidala, along with brand-new heroes like Anakin's padawan learner, Ahsoka. Sinister villains -- led by Darth Sidious, Count Dooku and General Grievous -- are poised to rule the galaxy. Stakes are high, and the fate of the Star Wars universe rests in the hands of the daring Jedi Knights. Their exploits lead to the action-packed battles and astonishing new revelations that fill Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

"Warner Bros. and Turner are uniquely positioned to deliver on the enormous potential of The Clone Wars because together they offer a world-class opportunity: the theatrical and home-video distribution of Warner Bros. and the broad reach of the Turner Networks," said Micheline Chau, President and Chief Operating Officer of Lucasfilm Ltd. "This terrific combination hits the key demographic groups, ranging from kids to adults, that make up the Star Wars audience."

Dan Fellman, Warner Bros. Pictures President of Domestic Distribution, added, "This is a breakthrough project -- returning Star Wars to the big screen in a completely new way while beginning an exciting new chapter in George Lucas' legendary saga. We immediately felt that it would be a fantastic theatrical event and are thrilled to be bringing it to moviegoers."

"Nothing like this has ever been produced for television," said Stuart Snyder, President/COO Turner Animation,Young Adults & Kids Media. "For 30 years, Star Wars has shown that it appeals to a huge breadth of fans. The Clone Wars on Cartoon Network will be appointment television for everyone in the family. We're thrilled to be working with Lucasfilm again and very excited to be playing a role in bringing this remarkable adventure to viewers."With a new story each week, Star Wars: The Clone Wars continues the tradition of thrilling stories, astonishing visuals and extraordinary music that have always been the hallmarks of the Star Wars Saga.

Lucasfilm Animation, which is based in Marin County, Calif., with a studio in Singapore, has produced more than 30 all-new episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and production continues on even more exciting episodes.

The first in a planned series of special web-only documentaries that chronicle the development of Star Wars: The Clone Wars debuts online today, and can be found HERE.

------

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Star Wars? Cartoon? spin

I think the obvious answer to who we want is Mr. Johnathon Williams, but I don't see all the little details he picks up on in the movie transitioning over to the cartoons, so I don't know how that would turn out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Lucas hasn't been writing it has he?

Oh shit, I read it again...never mind... rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    James L. Venable did a pretty good job with his synthesizers on the Clone Wars shorts that came out a few years ago. He incorporated Williams' music along with some original material. It would be great if we could get a live orchestral score... maybe from someone like Joel McNeely!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Michael Giacchino...that I would like to hear! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Michael Giacchino...that I would like to hear! punk

Me too... but no.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ok, Giacchino playing around with something by Williams would be great, but yeah, not on a Star Wars cartoon! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Ok, Giacchino playing around with something by Williams would be great, but yeah, not on a Star Wars cartoon! wink

No, I would love to have Michael on this project... but he is busy with other things.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Fine, Speed Racer and Star Trek are more important. tongue rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Fine, Speed Racer and Star Trek are more important. tongue rolleyes

biggrin

I would be very happy with a McNeely or Broughton effort. Even Frederic Talgarn. Has anyone heard Astérix Aux Jeux Olympiques yet? Holy jesus what a score! Very Williamsesque!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Havent these already been relaased on DVD? Why are they doing the clone wars again? I want Eps 7-9 already.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I want a Star Wars TV series with REAL people etc....not cartoons rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    tjguitar wrote
    Havent these already been relaased on DVD? Why are they doing the clone wars again? I want Eps 7-9 already.

This is an extension of the cartoon done in CG. If you look at the trailer and characters look very similar to the 2D classical animated Clone Wars.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I want a Star Wars TV series with REAL people etc....not cartoons rolleyes

Yeah, like the Christmas special thingie back in the early 80's or so! LOL! What a masterpiece! :D
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I wouldn't mind an animated version if it was done like the FINAL FANTASY feature. That film had a magnificent look.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    franz_conrad wrote
    I wouldn't mind an animated version if it was done like the FINAL FANTASY feature. That film had a magnificent look.

That's what I was hoping for as well.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I think this is incredibly awesomely amazing. And I can't wait to see who scores it. I'm not even going to speculate. (Williams theoretically COULD do it since he'll probably be finished with Indiana Jones by the time this needs a score). See, I just speculated anyway.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2008
    If they want someone who writes close to Williams stylistically there are only two choices, really: Frederic Talgorn or Joel McNeely.

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2008
    moviescore wrote
    If they want someone who writes close to Williams stylistically there are only two choices, really: Frederic Talgorn or Joel McNeely.

mc

What about John Debney? wink
  2. moviescore wrote

mc

Good choices, Mikael.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    moviescore wrote

mc

Good choices, Mikael.

Cough Cough! wink

Erik Woods wrote 4 days ago

I would be very happy with a McNeely or Broughton effort. Even Frederic Talgarn. Has anyone heard Astérix Aux Jeux Olympiques yet? Holy jesus what a score! Very Williamsesque!

-Erik-
  3. I was hoping the "rumored" Star Wars television show would be live action similar to the Star Trek series. Obviously not. Cheaper to do animation? I hated the Clone Wars cartoons. So can't say I'm excited. I'm sure whoever does the music it will be good. I wouldn't mind a John Powell/Gregson-Williams collaboration.

-Nate
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008
    muckle_dabuckle wrote
    I was hoping the "rumored" Star Wars television show would be live action similar to the Star Trek series. Obviously not. Cheaper to do animation? I hated the Clone Wars cartoons. So can't say I'm excited. I'm sure whoever does the music it will be good. I wouldn't mind a John Powell/Gregson-Williams collaboration.

-Nate

Well, these will NOT be like the Clone Wars cartoons. This is CG animation...not entirely lifelike but way better than the original Clone Wars cartoons.

Also, there IS a live action TV series coming in a couple of years, it will be set between Episodes 3 and 4. This animated thing is just the precursor to that.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I hope they get Williams at least for the live action one that's coming. I don't think anyone here wants to live with the knowledge that we've seen the last of William's Star Wars scores. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008 edited
    muckle_dabuckle wrote
    I was hoping the "rumored" Star Wars television show would be live action similar to the Star Trek series. Obviously not. Cheaper to do animation? I hated the Clone Wars cartoons. So can't say I'm excited. I'm sure whoever does the music it will be good.

Actually, they are still planning to do the live action show as well.

muckle_dabuckle wrote
    I wouldn't mind a John Powell/Gregson-Williams collaboration.

Oh God No!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008 edited
    Erik Woods

muckle_dabuckle wrote
    I wouldn't mind a John Powell/Gregson-Williams collaboration.

Oh God No!

-Erik-

Seconded, no! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thirted, no!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thirted? Where were the other 27? biggrin