• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2011
    he sure is
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2012
    New INTRADA

THE MOUNTAIN MEN

Really like the clips from this score I've never heard, I'll be getting this.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2014
    New from Intrada...

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Much as I love the gorgeous theme to Summer of 42 it is the fantastic score for PICASSO SUMMER that is getting my hard cash here. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2014
    Not much love for Legrand around here? Shame!
  1. Legrand is very much a case-by-case composer for me.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2014
    Timmer wrote
    Not much love for Legrand around here? Shame!

I do (and still bummed that I was not able to see him live/interview him when he was in Oslo in August). I have excerpts from both of those scores on various compilations. Great stuff. But I have so much on my to-buy plate right now (in addition to all the promos I get), that I'm not sure I can prioritize it right now.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2019
    As most of you probably have heard by now, Legrand passed away last night, age 86. sad

I've actually had a "Michel Legrand" folder in my podcast folder for about a year or so, intending to make a tribute episode about him, but then postponing it in the chance I would be able to meet and interview him (I sadly missed his performance at the Oslo opera house a few years ago). But now I'll obviously create one in a few weeks, under far more sad circumstances.

Legrand was one of the big ones of a generation that is sadly down to a handful or so at this point. I have several of his albums; even his lavish 4CD longbox set from about a decade or so ago. Was always a fan.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2019
    I'm really saddened to hear this news, Legrand is a favourite of mine. A great composer, a great songwriter and like Schifrin, Previn and Williams a virtuoso pianist.

One of my favourite pieces... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8pTP_x99zU
  2. Legrand doesn't feature very prominently in my collection. There is a gorgeous best-of compilation thought, there is Yentl and Ice Station Zebra which I am actually a big fan of. So good, FSM would release it back in the day. A great composer, at home with many genres. A grate songwriter too.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.