• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. LET THE SOUND TAKE YOU DOWN THE PATH LAKESHORE RECORDS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THE RELEASE OF DESTROYER – ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK

Featuring Original Music by Composer Theodore Shapiro

(November 16, 2018 – Los Angeles, CA) – Lakeshore Records is pleased to announce the release of DESTROYER – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack on pre-order November 9, 2018 and then on full Digital Download and CD release on November 16, 2018. The album features original music by Composer Theodore Shapiro (A SIMPLE FAVOR, COLLATERAL BEAUTY). This is the latest collaboration between Shapiro and visionary director Karyn Kusama, in a partnership that began with GIRLFIGHT.

When asked about the music, composer Theodore Shapiro focuses on the person at the heart of the film, “The music for DESTROYER comes first and foremost out of the character of Detective Erin Bell, played by the wonderful actor Nicole Kidman. Guided by Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi’s superb script, and through extensive conversations with Karyn Kusama, we as a team began to wrestle with how to give a musical language to this profoundly complicated female protagonist.”

In DESTROYER, A police detective reconnects with people from an undercover assignment in her distant past in order to make peace. The moral and existential odyssey of LAPD detective Erin Bell, whose undercover assignment to infiltrate California desert gang ended in tragedy. When the leader of that gang re-emerges many years later, she must work her way back through the remaining members and into her own history with them to finally reckon with the demons that destroyed her past. Directed by visionary Karyn Kusama and starring Nicole Kidman in the performance of her lifetime.

Shaprio continued about the wonderful and nuanced work and his pride in working on such a layered and well-realized project. “We collaborated with four brilliant musicians to create a sound that is obsessive, animal, fierce, but also tinged with a layer of pain and regret. I wrote an hour of music before Karyn started shooting the film. So unlike the more typical sequence, in which the film is shot first and then the composer starts writing, Karyn had a library of original music to help inspire her during production, and then incorporate into the film as she edited. The result, through her brilliant direction and Nicole Kidman’s stunning performance as Erin Bell, is something of which I’m deeply proud.

ANNAPURNA PICTURES presents DESTROYER on December 25, 2018. Lakeshore Records is pleased to announce the release of DESTROYER – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack on pre-order November 9, 2018 and then on full Digital Download and CD release on November 16, 2018

# # #

http://www.lakeshorerecords.com

For more information contact The Krakower Group, Office@KrakowerGroup.com,

or @KrakowerGroup on Twitter and Instagram

About Composer Theodore Shapiro

From the upbeat, jazzy sounds of THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA to the jungle-adventure send-up of TROPIC THUNDER and the sentiment of the hit MARLEY & ME, composer Theodore Shapiro has consistently delivered memorable music for some of the funniest movies of the past five years. But in a corollary to the old acting bromide “dying is easy, comedy is hard,” Shapiro steps gingerly when adding music to the antics of a Jack Black, Ben Stiller or Owen Wilson: “If you’re ever making a gesture that gives the audience permission to laugh, you have to be very judicious with it,” he explains, “because the worst possible thing you can do is to push the comedy too hard.”

His careful touch has made him a sought-after collaborator for some of Hollywood’s leading comedy directors: David Frankel (Prada, Marley), Stiller (Tropic Thunder), John Hamburg (I Love You, Man, Along Came Polly), Mike Judge (Idiocracy) and, most recently, Harold Ramis (Year One). Shapiro, 37, is a rarity in modern film music: a classically trained composer (bachelor’s degree from Brown, master’s from Juilliard) who, despite commissions for classical works (including a well-received piano concerto in 1999), decided he’d rather be working in film. “A lot of the seminal cultural experiences of my life were in the movie theater,” he says during a writing break at his comfortable Glendale, Calif., studio. “As a 9-year-old boy, ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’ had a major impact on my life. I’ve always been very connected to the medium.”

Shapiro followed the usual route for a fledgling film composer: low-budget, independent films, often made by friends, one of which, Karyn Kusama’s Girlfight, won major awards at the Sundance Film Festival and led to a two-film collaboration with celebrated playwright (and sometime film director) David Mamet, on STATE AND MAIN and HEIST. Director Todd Phillips liked Shapiro’s thriller score for Heist and hired him for his 2003 comedy OLD SCHOOL. Its success, in turn, led to Shapiro’s current status as Hollywood’s go-to composer for edgy comedic fare: STARSKY AND HUTCH, DODGEBALL, FUN WITH DICK AND JANE and others.