• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I was listening to Pearl Harbor today and remembered what great trailer music it had from The Thin Red Line before it was released (nothing wrong with Zimmers PH score) and how I was totally duped into seeing that totally terrible Michael Bay film because of it. I thought it might make a fun discussion. Have you seen a trailer that convinced you to see the film based primarily on the amazing score accompanying it? Have you been duped as I was and after that being truly disappointed by the movie itself?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2019
    Can't say that I have, no. I'm generally not that into trailers, nor trailer music. But there have been instances where the film has not lived up to the promises in the trailer, of course. Like GODZILLA from a few years ago, for example. Now, the film DID turn out very good -- it was easily in my top 10 that year. However, from the spectacular trailer, a far more visionary, experimental film was promised; almost like a 2001-like GODZILLA.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJules
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2019
    Thor wrote
    Can't say that I have, no. I'm generally not that into trailers, nor trailer music. But there have been instances where the film has not lived up to the promises in the trailer, of course. Like GODZILLA from a few years ago, for example. Now, the film DID turn out very good -- it was easily in my top 10 that year. However, from the spectacular trailer, a far more visionary, experimental film was promised; almost like a 2001-like GODZILLA.

Gareth Edwards is capable of some truly stunning visuals, I'll always watch his films. But yeah, I was also expecting much more from that flick.
  2. Filmscoregirl wrote
    I was listening to Pearl Harbor today and remembered what great trailer music it had from The Thin Red Line before it was released (nothing wrong with Zimmers PH score) and how I was totally duped into seeing that totally terrible Michael Bay film because of it. I thought it might make a fun discussion. Have you seen a trailer that convinced you to see the film based primarily on the amazing score accompanying it? Have you been duped as I was and after that being truly disappointed by the movie itself?

Actually Zimmer got duped himself with the way The Thin Red Line was used to get him to score the film (they put Journey to the Line over a previsualization of the attack sequence and it impressed him enough to take the project, boy, was he wrong).
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. PawelStroinski wrote
    Actually Zimmer got duped himself with the way The Thin Red Line was used to get him to score the film (they put Journey to the Line over a previsualization of the attack sequence and it impressed him enough to take the project, boy, was he wrong).

Oh wow! That’s so interesting! I guess it worked on me too, lol - thanks for the cool info!
  4. Yeah, and he made some not very subtle jabs at the film throughout any interview where it cropped up biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website