• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2020 edited
    [Please scroll to latest posts for updated information].

So, let's try this Zoom get-together thing on Friday, shall we? Setting a time is difficult, because I want to accomodate the extremes of Nepal (Tim) and Nevada (Christopher), but let's try this:

FRIDAY, JUNE 5 at 20:00 Norway time. That would be 11:00 Christopher time and 23:45 Timmer time. Not ideal, but most of us are in Europe anyway.

I'll post a Zoom link in this thread on Thursday.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2020
    Cool! Added to my agenda. smile
    Kazoo
  1. Sweet!
  2. I'll try and join, at least for an hour smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Sounds good! See you then!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2020
    If it's successful and y'all do another one, count me in! I have a prior engagement involving food and beer. beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2020
    Sounds fun - so it would be 7pm UK time?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2020
    Steven wrote
    If it's successful and y'all do another one, count me in! I have a prior engagement involving food and beer. beer

Similar, though rather with mint juleps and rum.
    So, very sadly, have to take a rain check! Definitely will be there next time! It's a great idea!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2020 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Sounds fun - so it would be 7pm UK time?

Yes.

Sorry to hear that you can't make it, Steven and Martijn. I've never seen your mugs live, so that would be a first. But let's hope we'll get to repeat it at some point.

Thankfully, the weather forecast for Friday is a rainy and chilly 14 C, as opposed to the sweltering summer days we've had recently, so that makes it ideal for indoors Zooming. At least here in Oslo.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2020 edited
    Here's the link for tomorrow's meeting:

https://us04web.zoom.us/j/4386804511?pw … RSS28xdz09

From what I know, all you have to do is to click it and I'll "let you in" (I'll be sure to Let the Right One In). But I think you need the free Zoom software: https://zoom.us/
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2020
    Raincheck! Could a film music quiz be incorperated somehow?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sure. I've nothing planned for this round, but if there is another, we could work something out.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Someone plays something, we write out a guess and hold it to the screen? biggrin *shrug*
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yes, something like that. I've been part of Zoom quizzes before (although not about film music). I think there's a way you can share audio from your computer, so it doesn't sound like it's under a pillow from 100 meters below the sea.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That would be preferable, yes. Although wasn't it you who said you'd enjoy a score performed on a soft pillow?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ha, ha. On it, yes. Not under it.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2020
    One hour to go untill the internet explodes!

Be sure to pop open your beer bottles already. I'm already four down.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Hey, how long do you expect it to be? I'm gonna be way late, because I have to watch a film on an online festival...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    We'll keep going for a couple of hours. If people fall by the wayside, I have several hungry FSM members eager to join. Alan will be later too.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Apparently we had a 45 minute time limit! Or was it just me that got kicked out?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    You can now log in again. I don't know what happened.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. I was about to have to leave anyway as I have a work zoom meeting in 15 minutes. But Cailin, Thor, Alan, and Bregt, it was so awesome to meet and talk with you face to face, even if it wasn't in person. Let's do it again!
  7. The free Zoom rooms are 45 minutes long.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I see, christopher! Thanks for chiming in. We'll keep doing new 45 minute sessions.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Let me know when you want to plan the next one. I have a pro account which have an unlimited time span! punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Alan, please chime in. There's another 45 minutes coming.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Thanks again for organizing Thor! That was super fun! It was so great to see and hear you guys! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2020 edited
    Yes, lots of fun, but I'm really feeling it today. I kept going for 6 1/2 hours - and this afternoon, when I got up, I noticed 9 empty beer cans and half a bottle of red wine on my kitchen sink! When you guys left, a small group of FSMers entered. Thanks to Bregt, Filmscoregirl, Christopher and Alan! And Erik, who’s both FSM and Maintitles.

However, the 45-minute limit thing was really annoying. I'm kinda angry at Zoom for taking advantage of our situation (with so many people relying on Zoom), and demanding premium accounts for longer meetings.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Thor wrote
    Yes, lots of fun, but I'm really feeling it today. I kept going for 6 1/2 hours - and this afternoon, when I got up, I noticed 9 empty beer cans and half a bottle of red wine on my kitchen sink! When you guys left, a small group of FSMers entered. Thanks to Bregt, Filmscoregirl, Christopher and Alan!

However, the 45-minute limit thing was really annoying. I'm kinda angry at Zoom for taking advantage of our situation (with so many people relying on Zoom), and demanding premium accounts for longer meetings.

It was a great time. Thanks to all who took part. I think that i missed the final 45 minutes - half a bottle of whisky caught up with me.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2020
    biggrin

Amazing that you can do that for 6 hours Thor!

Anyhow, after the troubles with the 45 minute thing, and after I quit, I also had an electricity outage later that evening and Sien kept us awake for another few hours. What did you say to her in that weird Dutch of you Thor!? You must've scared her.

Looking forward to the next meetup.
    Kazoo