• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I have just realised that I will be non-alcoholic to begin with - until Anne gets home then I can then out my car in the drive. sad
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. If you don't mind me packing and shipping off and on (will mute that part course) while I listen, I'll be there! I have home Etsy orders to ship out today before the postal carrier comes to pick them up! But I do have Christmas lights in my art studio/mess heap so that will be a little festive at least!
  3. I'm so sorry that I was distracted (and I'm sure distracting as well) at our Zoom meeting. I just didn't want to miss out on the all the fun! It was a blast hanging out with all of you! I won't be working during our next Zoom meeting, I promise - it's just the busiest time of the year right now for an artist/Etsy seller! smile Thanks for being tolerant of my constant moving and disappearing!
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2020
    Error, error....

I actually had another Zoom meeting this week in which all things work fine, including my webcam!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2020
    Well, Joep, you get an A for effort. I saw how you tried to log on and get the audio to work, at least.

But I have to say - last night was one of our best meetings, I think. It really helped with the extra hour. I was worried for Cailin when we went on with the beer chat for quite some time, but she was busy with her chores, so I guess it wasn't that bad.

Really feeling it today.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote
    Well, Joep, you get an A for effort. I saw how you tried to log on and get the audio to work, at least.

But I have to say - last night was one of our best meetings, I think. It really helped with the extra hour. I was worried for Cailin when we went on with the beer chat for quite some time, but she was busy with her chores, so I guess it wasn't that bad.

Really feeling it today.

Loved the extra hour, sort of gave everyone a chance to say what we wanted. Cailin, don't worry about doing your work, with all the beer talk I was surprised you didn't bail on us, so A for sticking around wink

Joep, hope to see you there next time. A for effort indeed.

To all the others, always a pleasure. So bad I didn't do these before. But I was in a bad place then, this covid isolation surely took its toll on me sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. Sorry I bailed out so suddenly, but my computer went black and then my wi-fi wasn't working for a while. It was a lot of fun and nobody minded Cailin's work.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2020
    Yeah, the extra hour was a plus! Glad I was able to join, great group. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2020
    Had a great time! Can't wait for the next meeting. Thanks for the hosting them, Thor!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. It was one of the best meetings, I thought. Some good chats.

I was conscious at the time that when we started talking about Christmas songs - a topic that I specifically raised - I more-or-less immediately left the conversation! Sorry about that but something came up that I had to take care of.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2020 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I was conscious at the time that when we started talking about Christmas songs - a topic that I specifically raised - I more-or-less immediately left the conversation! Sorry about that but something came up that I had to take care of.

Actually, you suddenly went away (I think for dinner?) when we were doing the round on our relationship to the 80s. That's still a topic I want to explore further, btw.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Thor wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Actually, you suddenly went away (I think for dinner?) when we were doing the round on our relationship to the 80s. That's still a topic I want to explore further, btw.

Yes, on that occasion, I get called and I drop everything - when food is involved!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2020
    Good to know -- and that it wasn't the topic of the 1980s that enraged you so, you left in protest! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2020
    biggrin
    Kazoo
  8. Thor wrote
    Good to know -- and that it wasn't the topic of the 1980s that enraged you so, you left in protest! wink

The 1980s is one of my favourite decades!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2020 edited
    I'm still in my hometown, and won't get back home to Oslo untill late afternoon/early evening on New Year's.

BUT....I had an idea; an offer to those of you who don't already have family or friends or other cohorts to celebrate with. Would you be open to an impromptu New Year's Zoom get-together on Thursday, i.e. New Year's Eve? This would be another 'unofficial' Zoom get-together.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. I might alternate between a Zoom get-together and my dad if that's OK with you smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2020
    Depends on what time, but yeah, I'm always up for another get-together!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2020
    Alright, cool. I hope to be set by 7 or 8 PM Norway time. I'll open for FSM at 9, as usual.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2020
    Anyone up for a meet at 8 PM? I should be all set by then. It also gives us one exclusive hour before FSM (yeah, a bit short, but this is all very impulsive).

I'll start the meet then, anyway, and then see who shows up.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2020
    I'll join you.
  10. I'm basically ready.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2021
    How was it? Hope you had a good time!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2021
    It was a great little meeting. A constant rotation of 3-5 people, which was ideal. Just marginally about film music; we talked about lots of other stuff. Joep disappeared a few times, as usual, but came back (untill he departed for good). A bottle of red wine consumed, in addition to 6-7 beers. And we finished before midnight, so I could watch the fireworks at an (over-crowded) nearby hill. Not in the mood to continue the Zoom when I got back, so put on CAST AWAY instead, to "land" the booze. Went to bed at 2-ish.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2021
    OK, so here's the story:

Tonight, I was supposed to organize an exclusive meeting for JWFAN, because theyr'e afraid to meet y'all.

Only one person showed up, and he's now gone.

That means that I'm open to have a super impromptu meeting with all of you for a few hours, if you're up for it.

The link is:

https://us04web.zoom.us/j/4386804511?pw … RSS28xdz09

and I'll be here for a couple of hours, if you're up to it.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    30 minutes more, and I'll log off if nobody chimes in.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    15 minutes.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    We're three people now. Join!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2021
    Damned, missed it again.

Thanks for planning them though Thor, keep it going. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2021
    It wasn't so much planning this time -- just a very impulsive meeting.

I hope to do the next "regular" one in February, and try to alert everyone a week in advance. Hope you will be able to make it then, Bregt, but I have total understanding in terms of family commitments.
    I am extremely serious.