• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Sorry I've been MIA and missed the previous meetings and meeting announcements - hoping to participate more next month! And post more too! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2021
    Thor, as I see you're the one organising this....

I'm now off work for a while. Are you going to organise another?

I'm freeeeeee.......

Please, I'm lonely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yes. I'm looking at next Friday as a possibility (i.e. not the upcoming one, but the one after).
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    Yes. I'm looking at next Friday as a possibility (i.e. not the upcoming one, but the one after).

Friday the 19th? Sounds good.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    That's it. I'll post an 'official' invitation in a couple of days.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2021 edited
    The next Zoom meeting will be:

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 19TH, 2021, AT 18:00 (6PM) OSLO TIME.

It was such a success with the earlier time in our Christmas meeting that I'd like to try it again. Leaves three whole hours just for Maintitles before the FSM crowd comes in at 21:00.

Set your calendars, hope to see you there!

For Odin!
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Yay! It's on my calendar!
  4. I'll try to be there, missed you all too
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. Added to my calendar. Start times are getting earlier and earlier! (Not a complaint)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2021
    He, he. 18:00 (6PM) is the earliest possible. Earlier than that, and it eats into dinnertime.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2021
    I'll try, but probably later!
    Kazoo
  6. I'll have to drop out between 7.15 and 8 for dinner, but before and after I'm there
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2021
    You guys down on the continent eat dinner so late! I fire up the kitchen about 16:00 (4 PM) every day.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Don't forget the link Thor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2021
    Thanks for the reminder!

https://us04web.zoom.us/j/4386804511?pw … RSS28xdz09

See some of you in 2 1/2 hours.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2021
    Thank you for a superb meeting yesterday. I have no memory of the last two hours of the meeting, but most of you were gone by then, I think.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2021
    I'm sorry I was not able to join in the end. Chaotic evening here, with all sorts of unplanned situations, resulting in an exhausted Bregt, forgetting about the meeting.

Glad you had fun. Who joined the meeting, if you remember?
    Kazoo
  8. We missed you Bregt!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2021 edited
    Bregt wrote
    I'm sorry I was not able to join in the end. Chaotic evening here, with all sorts of unplanned situations, resulting in an exhausted Bregt, forgetting about the meeting.

Glad you had fun. Who joined the meeting, if you remember?

Sorry to hear that "life" intervened, Bregt. Happens sometimes!

It was all the "regulars", i.e. Cailin, Alan, Thomas, Pawel and I. And Thomas' Alison popped in for a quick hello. Erik came in a couple of hours into the meeting. We talked about everything from road rage and work possibilities during the pandemic to film music-related stuff like WONDER WOMAN 1984 to UNDER THE SKIN and what makes a 'good' score.

With FSM from 9:00, there was an addition of Onyabirri (Drew), Graham Watt, Bill Carson, Irish Thomas, Howard, who else?

This is when my memory is starting to slip. I can't remember who of you stayed on to the very end. I knew I pulled out the Jew's harp, a kazoo and started singing "Neverending Story" towards the end there. Apparently, Irish Thomas and Drew had a few singing stints too. And since I forgot to close the PC, I noticed the day after there were a couple of website banners open about buying Belgian beers online, so that must have been a discussion point. Madness. :D
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Sorry I didn't join in later, but I was a bit tired.

I wanted to ask whether you heard the WW'84 sketches.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2021
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I wanted to ask whether you heard the WW'84 sketches.

I have, yes. Alas, didn't do much for me.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2021 edited
    I was sick for a whole WEEK after our last meeting (due to various causes of events that I won't go into here). This needs to change. I can't ruin work weeks like that. So for the next chat, I will be completely sober when we start at 6PM, then start the drinks, and then end it by midnight local time. Water for the remaining time, however long that is.

So I will be more boring, but more in control.
    I am extremely serious.
  10. More in control would be good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2021 edited
    Cool. Between your response and the one given by Bill Carson over on FSM, I must really, REALLY, have given off a bad impression.

In any case, we're looking at our no. 10 meeting in a couple of weeks. Anything special we should do for the anniversary? Is there any way we can recruit some dormant Maintitlers? LSH (Lee) seems to want to join, but he's never joined. Who else?
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Perhaps we can all be drunk and you be sober, wouldn't that be a cool anniversary thing? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2021
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Perhaps we can all be drunk and you be sober, wouldn't that be a cool anniversary thing? wink

Ha! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2021
    So when can we expect a next meet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2021 edited
    I was thinking about doing an "Easter edition" -- especially now that everyone is severely limited in their Easter travelling plans. I MIGHT visit my parents in the South towards the end of the holiday, so can't do one then, but will probably stay in Oslo for the first half.

So I'm looking at Friday, March 26, i.e. approximately one week from now. What do you think - will it be feasible, or should we wait untill after Easter?
    I am extremely serious.
  12. Could be feasible, but my brother is coming roughly at the time. Probably closer to the night, so I'd just go when he comes in.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  13. I don't have any Easter plans this year, so anything would work fine for me.