• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2021
    Totally understandable, Bregt! You're smack in the middle of the busiest period of any person establishing a family.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Bregt wrote
    Hey, I was unable to join, and will probably be unable for some time. Evenings have become sort of a mayhem. Our daugther refuses to sleep since the birth of our son. We spend hours calming, supporting, caring for her, almost every night. She is defenitely not coping well with the new person at home. Stan however is a good sleeper, but the immense energy it costs to put Sien to sleep has been driven us mentally to the limit. Since last week I also need to work again, at home, so it's all very intense. We know it will change and get better at some point, but at the moment we are about to become insane. sad spin

You hear this a lot, the jealousy for the newest occupant sort of steals the attention away.
    Hang in there Bregt, as with everything in life, it gets better after a while. You just need to go through the difficult period first
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2021 edited
    If you're wondering about this, I'm honing in on Friday, June 11th.

It's after a very busy period for me, but before the summer break. I've decided to make some major adjustments as far as alcohol consumption is concerned, to avoid last meeting's sudden disappearance. Start with the meeting, end at 23:00-ish. Then surf out on water. Maybe also add Alan as an alternative host, if I can sort that out.

I'll just need to sort out a few things first, but you can already start looking at that date as the next -- and maybe last before the summer break -- meeting. I'll update this thread shortly, when I have the availability confirmed.

It will also mark 1 year since our very first meeting (1 year and 6 days, to be exact).
    I am extremely serious.
  2. It's TBD, but I might have to bail as I'm thinking of a short vacation in Kraków (visiting a good friend) at the date. I'm actually waiting for confirmation I could come.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. One year?! It has passed quickly.

The 11th is good for me so, if that date is confirmed, see you then.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Should be able to attend as well, got my beers already on ice wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2021
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    One year?! It has passed quickly.

Yes, hard to believe it's a whole year since you almost downed that whisky bottle. It feels like three weeks ago.

As I said, I need a couple of days to sort out the calendar, but wanted to be early, since I know some of you need time to organize.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2021 edited
    Thor, are you able to make someone a co-host? I messaged Stephen Woolston to ask the general question about the workings of Zoom and he said that 'all you need to do to make someone co-host' is go to their panel in the gallery view, right click and select 'make co-host'. Although, he didn't know whether that option is available in the free version of Zoom (he uses the paid-for version).

That sounds like it's something that you do when the meeting is running so we could try and set that up when we next meet to see if it works. But, them again, what happened last time isn't going to happen again. Is it? (stern voice!)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2021
    Yes, I can easily make you a co-host, I think. But I don't know if co-hosts can restart meetings, and that would be relevant if the main host disappeared and the time ran out. Not that it's going to happen again, no, but in principle. Hence that 'alternative host' thing -- but I need to investigate this further.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Yeah, I'm afraid I'm out, but I really need that time off.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2021 edited
    Enjoy your time off, Pawel! Sounds like a good idea.

Let's lock the date.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Looking forward to it. It seems like ages since the last one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2021
    Keep it going Thor, I'm very glad you do this! Chances are small I will be able to join, and even if I would, it'll be short!
    Kazoo
  7. I'm sorry I've been inactive the last few weeks. Had family come visit (my sister with her new baby) and then was working hard for a local outdoor craft fair (McCloud Mushroom Festival). I think pace is better back to normal now and I look forward to catching up and seeing your faces on the 11th! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2021
    Great to see you back, Cailin. Seems you like you had a great time; let's catch up on these things on the 11th.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. when is this happening? No time was set?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2021
    Right now. 18:00, as always.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. link?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2021
  10. That was another enjoyable gathering yesterday. Nice to catch up with everyone who attended. And it was good that we solved the 15 year puzzle for you Cailin.

The CD that the newly-identified John Massari was holding was the Percepto Records' 2006 release of Killer Klowns from Outer Space:

https://www.soundtrackcollector.com/tit … uter+Space

You can see the artwork here, and you can see the recognisable red and orange band along the top of the artwork that we say in your photo.

Case closed! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2021 edited
    Yes, I was impressed by your quick research ability!

Hung over and tired today, but perfectly controlled drinking yesterday. No sudden illnesses or anything. I'm very pleased.

It was a great little "mini meeting" between Alan, Cailin, Thomas and myself. Topics included mushrooms, holiday resorts/traditions, work & family frustrations, dating, Superman (hey, I got to tell the Jay Gruska/John Williams connection all over again!), the sudden advanced age of some of our 80s and 90s favourite composers, the desire for hugs and social contact in these times and other things. Alan and I proceeded to the FSM part at 21:00.

Alan, I'm still disappointed you don't remember the "swinging sixties" in London. wink
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Thor wrote
    Alan, I'm still disappointed you don't remember the "swinging sixties" in London. wink

biggrin

I sometimes wonder just how old you think I am!
  12. It was so nice to chat with you all again yesterday, and thank you for solving my mystery! Thor, I was very impressed that you could make out Stu Phillips from that blurry side profile, and wow, Alan, great sleuthing work finding that list of attendees to the event so fast! And so fun that you identified the album Massari was holding too!
  13. Very nice gathering yesterday, hope I didn't chat too much yesterday shame

But already hard at work on 4 Quiz Games (75% ready). It will not be easy, but my goal is actually to share music that I feel everyone must hear. Will gladly share my 'full' selections if someone wants to hear the specific track afterwards

Sadly Cailin, no full scores. I only keep the tracks that I want to hear again shame
    But Thor will be glad about that smile

Each quiz will have 5 selections of the same composer, so at least if you can guess one it might be easier for several others. And naturally I'll deliver hints. But again, it will be hard. BUT you'll get to hear music that I feel is worth it wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2021
    Sounds cool, Thomas. I just need to get my head above water, and then I'll make that quiz I talked about in the meeting too.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2021 edited
    So, hope everyone's been having a good summer. The first couple of months of the autumn are always very busy for me (and probably others), and I have plenty of upcoming challenges and tasks ahead in September and October. But let's try to re-ignite our meetings.

The next meeting will be in one week from now -- on Friday, September 17, at 18:00 (6pm) Oslo time.

Hope some of you can make it!

The link is the same as always (see a few posts up).
    I am extremely serious.
  14. Glad to see the meetings back!
  15. I hope to be there smile
  16. Should be able to make this, the start of my vacation.
    See you then
  17. I'm sorry I haven't been posting over the last month, but I'll look forward to seeing you tomorrow! I'll be there at the beginning, but then will have to leave for a moment, but should be back again by 7:30 or so your time.