• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2020 edited
    Bregt wrote
    biggrin

Amazing that you can do that for 6 hours Thor!

Anyhow, after the troubles with the 45 minute thing, and after I quit, I also had an electricity outage later that evening and Sien kept us awake for another few hours. What did you say to her in that weird Dutch of you Thor!? You must've scared her.

Looking forward to the next meetup.

Ha, ha.

"Mak sweither hunder vater".

Yes, we'll do this again later -- maybe with Martijn's added premium account (although the 45-minute thing wasn't too much of a hassle, we all logged in easily again when the time ran out).

I always start off relatively sober, but then get more and more drunk as the evening progresses; and it obviously didn't get easier when Erik pulled out those Belgian beer goodies! I apologize if I was annoying or repeated myself unnecessarily etc.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2020
    Missed those Belgian goodies! Hopefully I can see that next time. beer
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2020
    Ah, yes....that was in a session after you left. I think we had 3-4 more sessions after that!
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor wrote
    Bregt wrote
    biggrin

Amazing that you can do that for 6 hours Thor!

Anyhow, after the troubles with the 45 minute thing, and after I quit, I also had an electricity outage later that evening and Sien kept us awake for another few hours. What did you say to her in that weird Dutch of you Thor!? You must've scared her.

Looking forward to the next meetup.

Ha, ha.

"Mak sweither hunder vater".

Yes, we'll do this again later -- maybe with Martijn's added premium account (although the 45-minute thing wasn't too much of a hassle, we all logged in easily again when the time ran out).

I always start off relatively sober, but then get more and more drunk as the evening progresses; and it obviously didn't get easier when Erik pulled out those Belgian beer goodies! I apologize if I was annoying or repeated myself unnecessarily etc.

It's always a sign of a good chat when people feel the need to apologise for things they may have said or done! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2020
    I missed this somehow. Happy to join in next time!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2020
    I shall bring whisky and sarcasm for the next meeting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2020
    I shall bring gin and broken dreams.
  2. I drank all my whisky last time. rolleyes
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2020 edited
    Bregje would join too (I asked her, she is not active here anymore), let us know the date and then I'll pass it through.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2020
    Will do! It will not be this Friday, however, as I'm hosting a barbecue in the garden. Insane summer temperatures and weather in Norway at the moment, whereas I've noticed it's less-than-stellar down on the continent.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2020
    I'm thinking of maybe next Friday? I was curious if we could combine it with the 4-5 "Cheers" people over on FSM. Perhaps the first hour exclusively for Maintitles, and then the FSM folks chime in?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2020 edited
    Thor wrote
    I'm thinking of maybe next Friday? I was curious if we could combine it with the 4-5 "Cheers" people over on FSM. Perhaps the first hour exclusively for Maintitles, and then the FSM folks chime in?

I think that the maintitles then maintitles/FSM structure worked well last time. I did find the feel of the two parts different though - I felt more relaxed with the first half compared with the second. Probably because I felt I 'knew' more people at Maintitles.

So I would like maybe a couple of hours with Maintitles before the FSM folks join? I did enjoy putting faces to FSM names and I would want to continue having a joint Zoom meeting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2020 edited
    I agree. I could set the start time for Maintitles around 18-19 and then FSM 20-21 or thereabouts (local Norway time).

Also, I could -- reluctantly -- move it to Saturday. I say 'reluctantly' because Friday is pretty "holy" for me in terms of drinking, and I try to avoid binging two days in a row. But I guess I could semi-sacrifice a Friday, if nothing else because it means the US folks would be able to chime in in the morning/noon without worrying about work collision.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Personally, Friday or Saturday would be ok for me. But, if I were to choose Friday would be preferable form me.
  4. One thing I was thinking was that, perhaps, we could all come the future meeting having listened to a specific recent album so that we could chat about it?

I'm not advocating the setting up of the equivalent of a book club, but perhaps it could be a good focus for a discussion (if needed) and then any discussion would naturally diverge into lots of other things too?

Just a suggestion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2020
    I still want to join in. I'm back at university now but I can still do evenings.

Sounds like a shit part-time job application.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2020
    Friday is out for me, unfortunately. :-(
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    One thing I was thinking was that, perhaps, we could all come the future meeting having listened to a specific recent album so that we could chat about it?

What, you're giving us homework? Lol, just kidding! I love the idea - but perhaps it could be something a little bit broader. Maybe we could pick a composer that we could all focus on during the week to chat about our favorites of, or new discoveries from relistens, etc. Or we could pick a film genre and then discuss some of our favorite scores within that film genre. I worry that if we just pick a single album, we might run out of things to say, or exclude some people that might not have access to something more recent or to that specific score. Just ideas! I love brainstorming! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdsioux
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2020
    I would be willing to participate. What do I have to do?
    contempt prior to investigation will keep you in everlasting ignorance
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Both evenings are okay. Lets see how many can join?

sdsioux wrote
    I would be willing to participate. What do I have to do?

Hello Tom!

You need to install the Zoom application (https://zoom.us/support/download) and Thor will drop the meeting ID/URL here when it is created.
    Kazoo
  6. Filmscoregirl wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    One thing I was thinking was that, perhaps, we could all come the future meeting having listened to a specific recent album so that we could chat about it?

What, you're giving us homework? Lol, just kidding! I love the idea - but perhaps it could be something a little bit broader. Maybe we could pick a composer that we could all focus on during the week to chat about our favorites of, or new discoveries from relistens, etc. Or we could pick a film genre and then discuss some of our favorite scores within that film genre. I worry that if we just pick a single album, we might run out of things to say, or exclude some people that might not have access to something more recent or to that specific score. Just ideas! I love brainstorming! smile

Keeping it broader would be good. Keeping it broader would mean no homework. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdsioux
    I for one would love to focus on Bernard Herrmann specifically his noir score to the film Hangover Square and the Concerto Macabre within the score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2020 edited
    thinking of joining too smile

if i am in and if the two year old lets me heh
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdsioux
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2020
    oh to be a young father again 'D'
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2020 edited
    OK, so let's try this again on Friday and see who pops up.

Here's the deal:

FRIDAY, JUNE 26, AT 19:00 (7PM) Norway time. Use a TimeZone converter to find out what this corresponds to in your country, like https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/

For the first two hours, it's exclusively for Maintitles. From 21:00 (9PM) Norway time, I'll open up for FSMers in the "Cheers" thread (these are usually 4-5 'good guys', nothing to worry about).

I'll post a Zoom link in this thread on Thursday. There will be 45-minute sessions, but I'll try to alert everyone when there's 1 minute left and we need to log out and back on.

As for preparations, anyone is free to prepare anything they want to talk about, film music or otherwise. But I like to keep it loose and informal. Stephen Woolston's meetings over on FSM feel a bit like 'seminars' sometimes, and I want this to be more of a pub atmosphere.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Allright Thor, that should work for me.

Demetris wrote
    thinking of joining too smile

if i am in and if the two year old lets me heh

punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdsioux
    I'll try for sure
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdsioux
    Does 7 hours sound right Thor for me?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2020 edited
    Yes, if you're still in San Diego, that would be 10 AM.

Sorry for the inconvient time for you US folks (a workday morning), but if it had been the other way around, it would have been even worse (10 AM here is 4 AM in San Diego!).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sdsioux wrote
    oh to be a young father again 'D'

THANK U dear Tom. how are u?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.