• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2022 edited
    If my latin numerals are correct, it means that we've had 16 Zoom chats by this point. That's pretty amazing for a board that is pretty much dead.

Alas, there are many members who posted early on in this thread that we've never seen a whiff of. Before this whole thing peters out, I hope we will. Christopher (he was there for our first meeting), Steven, Martijn, Tom, Lee, Demetris.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Anybody interested in a listening session one evening? It works well via Zoom if everyone use headphones. I thought we could share a few tracks each of recent discoveries, of old or new music, and in the end we could vote for the best piece.
  2. Jurassic Shark wrote
    Anybody interested in a listening session one evening? It works well via Zoom if everyone use headphones. I thought we could share a few tracks each of recent discoveries, of old or new music, and in the end we could vote for the best piece.

That's far too music oriented for me!! The thing I particularly like about our Zooms is the mix of music and non-music, particularly the latter.

But, I am sure what you suggest will get a bit of interest from others.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2022
    Well, first of all we need to finish our photo walkthrough.

I'm not opposed to a small listening session, but they would need to be short cuts (max 2 minutes) and max 2 per person or something, since talking informally about this and that is the main attraction of these chats.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Talking about music is fun too. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2022
    Sure is....as long as it doesn't get all "seminarey" like those FSM thingies.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Perhaps I could be persuaded wink
    First the photo session, then perhaps the music, and something in between wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2022 edited
    So here comes an early notification about the next meeting:

SATURDAY, MAY 7th at 17.30 (5:30 PM) Oslo time.

I chose a Saturday this time to accomodate people in the US.

Looking forward to seeing more photos or videos. I have plenty to share, but need to be restrictive about it.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2022 edited
    Note that I've once again stretched the beginning half an hour early, and the FSM beginning half an hour late (9:30), so we have 1 hour extra time in total.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Thor wrote

Looking forward to seeing more photos or videos. I have plenty to share, but need to be restrictive about it.

You're excluding the nudes?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2022
    Thor wrote

Count me in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2022
    Would be great to see you, Lee, should you turn up!
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Hope to be there and see you all for a little bit!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2022 edited
    Yes that would be great. Just to be sure, Oslo time is 1 hour ahead of London, right?

It's gonna be beer o'clock for Europe. Yessss
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2022
    This upcoming chat is coming up on me quicker than I had expected. I thought May would allow me "space" on each side of the meeting to properly get into it, but no worries -- it will go ahead.

Lee, if you have any cool photos or videos to share (see earlier post about this), please do so.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Normally I should be there as well, no videos or photos since I shared my collection.
    See you then
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2022
    Oooh, it's the birthday party of my kids that afternoon and evening. If they're in bed and I have energy left, I'll join as well. It's so long ago.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2022
    5 minutes to go....
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Thor wrote
    5 minutes to go....

Ready to go!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2022
    Thank you for tonight! It's probably the most laidback meeting we've ever had. Covered an enormous amount of topics, but surprisingly little about film music.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Thor wrote
    Thank you for tonight! It's probably the most laidback meeting we've ever had. Covered an enormous amount of topics, but surprisingly little about film music.

It was a great chat. Enjoy your film.
  10. How was the mushroom hunt?
  11. Thanks for asking Thomas! Sorry I didn't return to show you my haul, I took a nap instead, haha! We were hoping to find porcini, but instead found an amazing area filled with morels. We just kept finding them! In every shape and color, from blonde to black. I'll have to see if I can get a photo of all the different colors. Normally you can find a good patch and then it'll run dry, but this spot we have this year is just kept going! Made it so much more fun, but I was exhausted afterward because they blend in so perfectly with the ground - you really have to look hard!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2022
    Oh bollocks! I missed it. I'm so sorry Thor, I've been absolutely rubbish at keeping to these. shame

I hope you all had a nice chat and all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, we missed you, Lee. I think we'll have to "catch you" in one of your inspired online moments, but they seem to be spread out on weekdays rather than Fridays or Saturdays when these meetings are held, so we're rarely in synch. Hopefully at some point.

I'm looking at the next meeting in mid June, if there's still interest (maybe Friday, June 17th?) -- a "summer edition", so to speak. It would then be the last meeting until August or September, since we all probably have holiday plans (hey, that's a topic we could cover!). Also, I can kinda 'sense' that the interest in these chats is waning a little bit, no doubt due to the fact that the world is almost back to normal, pandemic-wise. I mean, we have our core of regulars, but new additions are rare, and some of the old semi-regulars have been absent for a while (would love to have Drew and Tall Guy back, for example).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Thor wrote
    Yeah, we missed you, Lee. I think we'll have to "catch you" in one of your inspired online moments, but they seem to be spread out on weekdays rather than Fridays or Saturdays when these meetings are held, so we're rarely in synch. Hopefully at some point.

No. Book the next one in and I want you to personally remind me by text* when it's about to happen. I'm not joking. I'm skittish and forgetful as fuck at the moment. I was at home Saturday and I got a new Lego set delivered so I was at the dining table with a bottle of wine and loads of fucking Lego bricks. Very distracted.

*I'll message you my number
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2022
    Some people will laugh at the ‘Fur Edition’ bit, wondering what the hell furry things have to do with a Zoom chat for film music fans. But as some of you know, Fur is the name of the quite exotic island in Denmark that hosts our summer house (Bregt visited 6 years ago, along with Kaat). That’s where I’m staying at the moment, and will stay alone until September 4th, both working remotely and enjoying life as best as I can.

As alluded to earlier, I thought it would be a great experiment to host a Zoom chat from here, perhaps give you a brief tour of the immediate surroundings, Cailin-style, if weather, technology and internet signals allow.

But mostly to chat again, after a longer holiday hiatus. I’m open to Friday, August 26 too, but Saturdays always work better for Americans.

What say ye?
    I am extremely serious.
  12. Saturday or Friday are equally good for me. But Saturday is my preferred choice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2022
    Cheers, Alan!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2022
    Anyone else?
    I am extremely serious.