• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2022
    Any of them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2022 edited
    Thanks, Joep!

I'm guessing the three of us could keep a chat going for a couple of hours (even if we can't see you, Joep). If that feels quaint, it would perhaps be an idea to skip the exclusive MainTitles bit and just invite the FSM crowd for an earlier time?

If people don't log in to the board anymore, I could also try asking on the MainTitles Facebook page.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. You have a fair idea of who are potential participants in the meetings from MainTitles. It may be worth dropping them messages individually just pointing them in the direction of this topic and that an upcoming gathering is on the horizon.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2022
    True, I’ll do that.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2022 edited
    Update:

Cailin will also be joining. There's a "maybe" from Thomas. No word from Bregt yet, who presumably is occupied with family and perhaps holidays. I won't bother other "semi-regulars" at the moment; hopefully they will see this thread in time. I'll SMS(!) Lee on the day, as promised earlier.

But anyway, that's enough to nail the exclusive MainTitles bit, I think. Let's say 18:00 (6PM) Norway/Denmark time, on Saturday, August 27th. Link will come later.

I'll invite the FSM crowd from 21:00 (9PM) soon; just need to shake myself up a bit first; I've had a sabbatical from that place (and JWFAN) since late May.

Lookin' forward to seeing you all.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2022
    Bregt is possibly joining too, I learned through SMS(!).
    I am extremely serious.
  2. So that's 5.00pm UK time.

Great that it's still light at that time!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Sadly, I won't be joining this time. Sorry everyone, I hope you have a great time. Situation has changed a bit recently, and I'm trying to see where it will lead.

Who knows until the next time smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2022
    Link for tomorrow:

https://us04web.zoom.us/j/4386804511?pw … RSS28xdz09
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Cheers Thor. See you then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2022
    There will be a 30-minute delay today, due to unforeseen circumstances. Sorry about that. So 6:30 it is.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Thor wrote
    There will be a 30-minute delay today, due to unforeseen circumstances. Sorry about that. So 6:30 it is.

Too bad to hear that, I was able to come online for just 30 minutes, then I had to go

Anyway, hope you have a wonderful session everyone. But I got things to do, not better things, just ... different things wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2022
    Yeah, sorry, Thomas. Had to help our 82-year-old neighbour and family friend here with the carrying of some firewood. I'm back now, will have a quick shower and see those of you remaining in 30 mins!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2022 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Anyway, hope you have a wonderful session everyone. But I got things to do, not better things, just ... different things wink

dizzy dizzy dizzy
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2022
    Thank you for a great meeting yesterday! Not a lot of discussion about film music, but I find that refreshing.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Thor wrote
    Thank you for a great meeting yesterday! Not a lot of discussion about film music, but I find that refreshing.

Yes, it was very enjoyable. Maybe the lack of film music discussion says something about the status of film music today?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2022 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote

Yes, it was very enjoyable. Maybe the lack of film music discussion says something about the status of film music today?

Hopefully not! smile

I do think we should follow up on what we discussed regarding the future of the forum and its members.

As I said, I can easily ask my webmaster to re-install the messageboard over on Celluloid Tunes. It was not a fancy messageboard or anything, but it had the option to include images, YouTube embeds etc. I think you, Alan, were a registered member there the few months the board lasted. It looked like this: https://web.archive.org/web/20190328173 … m/english/

MainTitles.net would then be an archive or 'museum', so when people click the url, they would get a message that forwarded them to the CT forum for continued activity, but then they also had access to the old threads here for viewing, not posting. Something like that.

The other option we discussed was that Bregt "re-booted" this forum, but that would require his precious time away from work and family responsibilities. Don't know how feasible that is.

In any case, us few hardcore MainTitlers would be the starting point for a new 'era', the members who no longer post would be gone (sad as it is to see many "legends" go, they seem to have made their choice) and hopefully some new would register.

I don't really care which option we go for, I just want at least SOME of the MainTitles people and atmosphere to go on in some form.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Thanks for summarising the conversation we had and supplying a link to the Celluloid Tunes forum layout.

Thinking out loud...

Personally, for any migration I would like to retain as much of the look of MainTitles that's here in any new forum. Whether it's the layout of the topics, the structure of the various discussions, or even the colour scheme, I would like it to feel like the current messageboard.

How realistic a desire that is is for others to assess.

One thing I do like about the FSM board is that it is divided into only two parts: film music related and non-film music related (I am lumping all forms of music - film, TV, video game, etc - together into one phrase).
  8. Bregt wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

dizzy dizzy dizzy

Yeah, sorry to be so mysterious. But I've met someone recently, and it's going good. So spending more time away from my place to find out if she's a keeper. So far definitely YES wink

But things will calm down, she's a teacher so now that's school beginning, we'll have to see how I fit into her schedule tongue

Anyway, hope to be there next session
  9. The true test will be revealing your interest in film music!

Good to hear that things are looking bright.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2022
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thanks for summarising the conversation we had and supplying a link to the Celluloid Tunes forum layout.

Thinking out loud...

Personally, for any migration I would like to retain as much of the look of MainTitles that's here in any new forum. Whether it's the layout of the topics, the structure of the various discussions, or even the colour scheme, I would like it to feel like the current messageboard.

How realistic a desire that is is for others to assess.

One thing I do like about the FSM board is that it is divided into only two parts: film music related and non-film music related (I am lumping all forms of music - film, TV, video game, etc - together into one phrase).

Yes, I agree on the thread structure. I would also like to keep the "composer threads", one for "now playing" and everything like that. Keeps it nice and tidy. I also prefer a simpler messageboard like this on Maintitles, the FSM one or the one I had on CT, as opposed to something too complex, and with too many options, like JWFAN. But having the ability to post images and YouTube videos would be an improvement. But other than that, I don't really have a strong desire to have a new board exactly like this one. I can adapt.

Also, having just two main areas -- film music and non-film music -- is also desired. No point in having too many sub forums. Maybe a 'classifieds' forum for sale and trade at some point, but I doubt we'll get that many members.
    I am extremely serious.
  10. FalkirkBairn wrote
    The true test will be revealing your interest in film music!

Good to hear that things are looking bright.

Hehe, we went on a week's vacation together (long story), so spending a lot of time in the car with a lot of music. Let's say brief moments of filmmusic were found in between the songs, she liked them smile

Now I got to find out how much she can appreciate wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2022
    Fingers crossed, Thomas!
    I am extremely serious.
  11. I am sure we are all looking forward to meeting her at the next meeting. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2022
    It was really cool! Glad I was able to join for so long. And the tour brought back all the memories of our holiday there. Schrubbery and all.

You're back home now Thor? Was that your longest stay at Fur?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2022 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thanks for summarising the conversation we had and supplying a link to the Celluloid Tunes forum layout.

I will have less work if we can start from scratch, with the updated forum. If I need to integrate the users and posts from the current, that'll be a lot of work. Is it something worth to try for you guys?

I see there's a new Version 3 update of the forum. Interesting!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2022 edited
    Bregt wrote
    It was really cool! Glad I was able to join for so long. And the tour brought back all the memories of our holiday there. Schrubbery and all.

Came back yesterday. Dead tired and queasy now, after 2-3 days of heavy drinking and sightseeing with four friends of mine on Fur. Yes, 5 weeks was probably the longest stay in my adult life, but as a kid we sometimes vacationed there for two whole months in the summer. But longest ALONE, for sure. So many things to do and fix now that I'm back in Oslo, it's a bit overwhelming. And the buzz and noise of the city is crazy when you stay away at a calm place for so long. Anyway, thanks again for joining, Bregt -- I'm impressed you stayed that long, even after Howard came on.

Bregt wrote
    I will have less work if we can start from scratch, with the updated forum. If I need to integrate the users and posts from the current, that'll be a lot of work. Is it something worth to try for you guys?

I see there's a new Version 3 update of the forum. Interesting!

As we said, we don't need to integrate the posts or users, but it would be nice to have access to the previous threads somehow. Or at least know that they existed somewhere and could be looked up for reference. Is that doable? Like an archive or museum? Anything I can do on my end, let me know.
    I am extremely serious.
  12. Bregt wrote

Sad you were able to join the one I couldn't make, but we'll see each other soon enough wink
  13. Just saying, I'm online this evening, and people who fancy a chat, always welcome.
    But I hope I don't see you here, means you're with friends or family wink

At least to all a wonderful 2023
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2022
    Like you, Thomas, I was actually supposed to have celebrated New Year's alone tonight, just as the covid-infected 2020/2021 New Year's (didn't we have a Zoom chat then?). Sounds sad, perhaps, but it wasn't. I actually enjoyed it, and was kinda hoping for the same this year. But just a few days ago, an invitation ticked in to a party at the other side of town. Not close friends or anything (my close friends all have their families and circles to celebrate with), but in that friend/acquaintance/colleague circle within the film community I traverse. So I'm heading there at about 19:30-ish.

But hope you have a few good beers to enjoy, Thomas, and I promise we'll do another chat in the new year. January is crazy busy for me, but either the end of January or in early February.
    I am extremely serious.